• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

another NBA player runs into the stands

Rate this topic

Bruins destroyed Rangers fans in the 70s at MSG. Got the clip somewhere on my computer. As you might expect Terry O' Reilly was involved.

I have to say that I am on Davis' side in this incident. When someone messes with your wife/fiance/girlfriend, I think anyone of us would do the same.

It's sad becuase he's clearly making this up to get money. Props to him for thinking of the idea but his whole story is ludacris. I HIGHLY doubt she would get up, turn around, and scream "would you shut up?" or whatever she said. She's been to many a basketball games and I'm sure she knows how to handle all the smart ass remarks and in sults from the fans. They say he was drunk, which would explain why he would be messing with her in the first place. Of course he's gonna deny being drunk...

Two eyewitnesses both with the same story that went something like this, just saw it on espn. Davis' wife was cheering for her husband, jumping up and cheering, etc, etc. and Axelrod (WHO IS FREAKING BALD AT AGE 22) TOLD HER to sit down and shut the f*ck up on a few occasions. There was also some other comments and such.

Those two eyewitnesses alone should be enough for this Axelrod dips*** not to get his money.

It's sad becuase he's clearly making this up to get money. Props to him for thinking of the idea but his whole story is ludacris. I HIGHLY doubt she would get up, turn around, and scream "would you shut up?" or whatever she said. She's been to many a basketball games and I'm sure she knows how to handle all the smart ass remarks and in sults from the fans. They say he was drunk, which would explain why he would be messing with her in the first place. Of course he's gonna deny being drunk...

May want to re-think that, there...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/index?section=s...orts&id=3243791

Like I said originally, I stand by what Axelrod said -- and the *video* backs that up.

Firstly, I am soooooooo sick of people comparing the brawl and what Davis did. THERE IS NO COMPARISON.

That video proves that battery charges he is trying to charge on them is uttertly ridiculous. As the two eyewitnesses of the event stated, he on a few occasions told her to sit down and shut the bleep up. I know I wouldn't turn around and say anything becuase I would pay no mind to that person unless he said something otherwise but I can understand why a woman would.

That video shows no battery and as if Kendra is trying to calm the guy down. She does touch his shoulder but in no way is it an attempt to harm him.

Of course he isn't going to get in her face he was sitting BEHIND her telling her to shut the bleep up and sit down. I guess it all comes down to what you trust more, two eyewitnesses or a video showing that she was trying to calm him down and touched his shoulder in a non-battery way.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
Bruins destroyed Rangers fans in the 70s at MSG. Got the clip somewhere on my computer. As you might expect Terry O' Reilly was involved.

I have to say that I am on Davis' side in this incident. When someone messes with your wife/fiance/girlfriend, I think anyone of us would do the same.

Flyers did the same thing at MSG. As you might expect, Dave Schultz was involved. O wait a minute, they all were.

And before you back up Davis and his wife, there are things you should know about her. She has a reputation for being a loudmouth and a troublemaker. It was pretty telling to me that he didn't race up the steps but rather calmly strolled up them. That says to me that he didn't really feel she was in any danger. It was more along the lines of "Aw damn, the ***** is at it again. I'd better go straighten this whole thing out."

That video shows no battery and as if Kendra is trying to calm the guy down.

What?!?! You think she's trying to "calm him down"?? Oh, please.

She turned around after he told her to STFU and got in HIS face. That's clear as day.

I won't argue about the lawsuit part -- it's silly -- but it's pretty clear that the only person at fault here was the holier-than-thou she-*****.

yeah, because axelrod is obviously the model of calm (it took him what, less than a day to get a lawyer and say he was suing for 1 million). Axelrod is just looking to make some cash, what Kendra did probably wasn't the best idea in the situation, but it hardly looks like battery. And if that's the totality of his evidence, then his case is going to go onwhere fast.

Almost as ludicrous as the slander suit, which has absolutely NO chance. Considering Axelrod would have to prove Davis meant to cause harm, said something untrue, and KNEw it was false when he said it, it'll get thrown out. I don't see Axelrod's evidence standing up.

Axelrod stated he would drop the lawsuit if Davis apologized.

Awwwwwwwwwwww, did you now realize your crap story wouldn't hold up for sh*t. Idiot.

I'd have done the same thing if I were him. No players family should be subject to that garbage

I think I would have too.

However, I don't see why the media is making such a big deal of this. He went into the stands, and basically stood between his wife and the drunk. Then the refs tossed him and he left. No punches were thrown. The five game suspension is just to show the other players that there is zero-tolerance for going into the stands. The reality is that the players are in serious danger when they go into the stands. One guy, no matter how athletic, cannot fend off dozens of hostile fans.

1. The guy wasn't drunk.

2. She escalated the situation by turning arond and getting into his face.

3. They didn't toss him at all. He walked up to the concorse for a bit and then returned to inside the arena to finish watching the game (well, in time for Gordon's GWer.)

fine, she escalated it, but what I saw wasn't battery. Battery requires the intent to cause physical harm. Was she punching him? scratching? sure doesn't look like it to me. What about all those wounds all over axelrods face that should be there if she clawed at him like he claimed. Oh wait, they don't exist. everything I've seen shows the battery charge to be completely groundless. As for slander, considering the Axelrod would have to prove that a) Davis was wrong in what he said cool.gif davis KNEW at the time that saying axelrod was drunk at the time was wrong and c) that he intended for it to cause damage to axelrod, he doesn't have a case. Frankly, Davis would have a better chance of winning a counter-suit from what I've seen to this point.

fine, she escalated it, but what I saw wasn't battery. Battery requires the intent to cause physical harm. Was she punching him? scratching? sure doesn't look like it to me. What about all those wounds all over axelrods face that should be there if she clawed at him like he claimed. Oh wait, they don't exist.

You're preaching to the choir, fella.