• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NAVYWING

My Speculation: Wash/Buff/NJ

Rate this topic

After much debate here and throughout the NHL "rumor-mills," here is my speculation:

Robert Lang to:

NJ-Scott Gomez (I truly believe Gomez would prosper here in Detroit)

also, by picking Molgilny off of waivers (on the way up) he automatically sheds 50% of his contract. A possible 2 for 1 type of deal.

Lang/Osgood to:

Buff-Biron (They are looking for a scoring up the middle, we could use a great goaltender)

Lang/Lilja/Osgood to:

Wash-Witt/Kolzig/2nd round pick (self explanatory).

Lang to:

Chicago-Tyler Arneson or Bell.

The ultimate long range shot:

Lang/Osgood/2nd rounder to:

Florida-Luongo

I don't expect something big to happen, but since we're speculating, here are some defensemen I think Kenny might consider:

Kuba

Salei

Kalinin

Carney

Weinrich

Jillson

No big names, but like I said I only expect a minor deal to fill that last defense spot. Holland might give players like Witt, Mitchell or Komisarek a look but I doubt he's willing to pay the price. Personally I wouldn't mind Vandermeer, but that seems highly unlikely, given the Red Wings/Blackhawks fan rivalry.

Any comments? Other names?

Lang/Osgood to:

Buff-Biron (They are looking for a scoring up the middle, we could use a great goaltender)

Biron isn't a great goaltender and he isn't any better than Osgood really. He has no playoff experience and he's being shipped out of town because he's just a dime a dozen goaltender.

After much debate here and throughout the NHL "rumor-mills,"  here is my speculation:

Robert Lang to:

NJ-Scott Gomez (I truly believe Gomez would prosper here in Detroit)

also, by picking Molgilny off of waivers (on the way up) he automatically sheds 50% of his contract.  A possible 2 for 1 type of deal.

Lang/Osgood to:

Lang/Lilja/Osgood to:

Wash-Witt/Kolzig/2nd round pick (self explanatory).

Lang to:

Chicago-Tyler Arneson or Bell.

The ultimate long range shot:

Florida-Luongo

That's for the laugh thanks I needed that.

First how do you think NJ is going to be able to afford Lang? They had to wave Mogilny then send him down to the AHL so they could fit under the CAP.

They brought back Elias off IR so they have no CAP room for Lang! Cant happen they cant take on the rest of Lang's Salary plus take a hit and pay half of Mogilny.

"The ultimate long range shot:

Florida-Luongo"

No way its happing with the players you put in there

Legace, Maltby, 1st rnd pick that would make me bite if I was Florida's GM

or Legace, maltby, & Liv Cause Legs and Malts could be rentals in there eyes. I would take that trade 2.

Legace, Draper, Maltby for Luongo, Globke. Draper has to wave his no trade clause. We could afford to lose Malts and Draps. We could then give Zetta his center position and put Globke on his right wing. I would even through a 2rnd round pick to get thoes 2.

Edited by ufcredwingfan

OK.....

The New Jersey trade-Perhaps......

Buffalo.......No, we give up way too much in that deal

Washington.........No thanks, and we arent giving up enough in the first place.

Chicago.....Yes, But have Chicago throw in a 2nd or 3rd just to even out the deal

Florida......Not a chance in hell buddy tongue.gif

Well also, Biron also becomes a free agent after this season, and if all works out, he could come here, but I'd rather not see Biron in Detroit, but that may all change come free agency time.

I like Osgood and Legace right now, and I'll just roll with the punches till the end of the year.