• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Carney and Salei on the block?

Rate this topic

TSN

- The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim could be planning on dealing veteran defencemen Keith Carney and Ruslan Salei, according to the Orange County Register.

I'd like to see either one of them on the Wings. Hopefully something will happen.

- The Ottawa Sun has the Blackhawks potentially dealing just about everybody, listing RW Marting Lapointe, LW Matthew Barnaby, C Curtis Brown, D Jaroslav Spacek, D Jassen Cullimore, D Jim Vandermeer, D Todd Simpson and RW Kyle Calder.

Or how about Simpson or Cullimore?

Edited by ARice89

Salei would be awesome. He's been good for the Ducks this year, I have trouble believing they're actively seeking to deal him. It's not like he makes an obscene amount of money.

As for Chicago, you can keep your washed up/overpaid/useless players. Only way they're getting rid of any of the veterans they want to deal is if they agree to eat some salary.

Lapointe is on track to score over 20 goals, he's not a waste, compare that to Maltby. Simpson is less money that Lilja, and more physical, Cullimore is a waste. Salei or Carney would be ok, not my first pick though

Jim Vandermeer, Rene Bourque and Kyle Calder or replace Calder with Bell either way I think this trade could be had for Lang, Hudler and a 3rd.

Jim Vandermeer, Rene Bourque and Kyle Calder or replace Calder with Bell either way I think this trade could be had for Lang, Hudler and a 3rd.

That trade is certainly even on paper, but who knows if the Hawks want to take on a big contract again. The whole "big name free agent" thing didn't really pan out for them, and I don't know if they'll want to take on Lang's hefty contract without dumping some of their own deadweights. Though Hudler would certainly give Chicago the element of skill that they're kinda lacking in their lineup.

I like some of the names you guys are mentioning, and I'm suprised Carney's name hasn't come up before; he's a stud. I think Salei's been brought up before, and Ruslan could bring a real nastiness to the blueline. That's what Holland was trying to get when he signed Hatcher.

But I don't know that there's any reason to be debating about acquiring a defenceman who could have a positive impact on this team. Gutsy moves made to help adhere to a team's weakness "don't happen in Detroit" apparently. dry.gif

I like that idea, but I don't think the Hawks would want to make that deal.

That trade is certainly even on paper, but who knows if the Hawks want to take on a big contract again. The whole "big name free agent" thing didn't really pan out for them, and I don't know if they'll want to take on Lang's hefty contract without dumping some of their own deadweights. Though Hudler would certainly give Chicago the element of skill that they're kinda lacking in their lineup.

swear to god replace a 3rd pick with a 2nd and they'd bite right into it like a rabid-manged dog to road kill.