• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
EstonianWingsFan#1

McGrath hot again

Rate this topic

Well looks like McGrath is reaching the top of the mountain like he did in the first 5 games of the season. 5+15=20 points in last 10 games, including 8 assists in last 2 games, being 2nd and 1st star accordingly. 2nd scorer OHL, got past Bolland.

Check it out yourself:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/s...ype=top_scorers

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/p...yer.php?id=2498

Great to hear, thanks mate! thumbup.gif

So off to the Griffins next season? I read somewhere that he's either going to be on one of the top two lines for the Wings in the future, or a bust. Interesting, lets hope he does well next season, as well as finishing off 2005/06 strongly.

Great to hear, thanks mate! thumbup.gif

So off to the Griffins next season? I read somewhere that he's either going to be on one of the top two lines for the Wings in the future, or a bust. Interesting, lets hope he does well next season, as well as finishing off 2005/06 strongly.

I emailed Sunaya Supurji (butchered, that) about McGrath- she does OHL stuff for a Toronto paper and for HockeyBUzz.com, and she said almost exactly the same thing. Because he's kind of a small fry, there is concern that he won't be able to hang with the big boys in the years ahead.

Given his OHL performance, I'd say at least give the kid a shot in GR. He's obviously got the skills and some GR time would give him a chance to prove himself physically and mentally.

Hopefully he pans out- it'd be nice to see the Wings develop a scoring threat out of the Canadian leagues for a change.

Great to hear, thanks mate!  thumbup.gif

I emailed Sunaya Supurji (butchered, that) about McGrath- she does OHL stuff for a Toronto paper and for HockeyBUzz.com, and she said almost exactly the same thing. Because he's kind of a small fry, there is concern that he won't be able to hang with the big boys in the years ahead.

Given his OHL performance, I'd say at least give the kid a shot in GR. He's obviously got the skills and some GR time would give him a chance to prove himself physically and mentally.

Hopefully he pans out- it'd be nice to see the Wings develop a scoring threat out of the Canadian leagues for a change.

He's 6'0", 192 (well, he's listed at that, anyway), kind of unfair to label him a small fry, isn't it? Sounds about average. And he only just turned 20, so he's still got time to hit the weight room.

I would expect him to sign a contract and be in Grand Rapids next season, or at the absolute latest, 07-08. Two years there would be plenty of seasoning time and he could see some time with the Wings by 2009 or 2010. Sounds about right. If we're lucky he puts himself on the fast track....

He's 6'0", 192 (well, he's listed at that, anyway), kind of unfair to label him a small fry, isn't it? Sounds about average. And he only just turned 20, so he's still got time to hit the weight room.

Yes, he has enough size, even more than Crosby.

In new NHL the size doesn't matter so much anymore. Only thing what would concern is his speed.

Wings have to sign him this summer so I think he'll be in Grand Rapids unless he's able to go back as an overage player. He needs to add some strength so a year or 2 in GR would be awesome.