• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Super Bowl XL

Rate this topic

Who will win Super Bowl XL?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The stage is set.

Seattle Seahawks are in.

Pittsburgh Steelers are in.

Get ready Detroit.....the world is coming.

Let the debate begin. Who will win the ultimate NFL game??

just to add my two cents. The Steelers are going to dominate the hawks and run all over Seattle. Bettis goes out on top as Super Bowl champion.

Edited by timothy1997

Seattle isnt putting 28 on our D. Indy couldnt do it, Denver couldnt do it, Cincy couldnt do it (except for that abortion of a game back in Dec).

Too early to predict a score. Seattle has a great offense, but they dont scare me a bit.

Who ride?

WE RIDE!!!

"And this year's Super Bowl matchup features the Seattle Seahawks vs......wait...who....the Seahawks??"

Cool.

I like the Steelers. I like the Bus. I like the city of Pittsburgh. I like the Steelers unis, they're classic. I like that the Steelers feature two Wahoos and two Wolverines. I like Hines Ward. I like Bill Cowher. I like pretty much everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers.

But Pittsburgh has had their Super Bowl glory. It's someone else's turn. Go Seahawks. I won't be too broken up if they lose, though. And frankly, this is a lot better than last year's matchup, where I could think of no reason I wanted either team to win and plenty why I wished they could both lose. This year....unless you're a fan of either team, how do you root real hard against the Bus going out on a winning note in his hometown, and how do you root real hard against a team that has been mired in mediocrity forever, finally getting their shot at all the marbles?

I sure hope the Steelers win. I love the way that team is built. Mostly, the idea of having a homecoming for Bettis on what could be the last game of his career. And Foote is from Detroit, too. Be nice to have some good PR and human interest stories about our city during all the media coverage.

But the Steelers play the kind of football I like. Smashmouth, run the ball down your throat, tough defense football.

I sure hope the Steelers win. I love the way that team is built. Mostly, the idea of having a homecoming for Bettis on what could be the last game of his career. And Foote is from Detroit, too. Be nice to have some good PR and human interest stories about our city during all the media coverage.

But the Steelers play the kind of football I like. Smashmouth, run the ball down your throat, tough defense football.

We're winning these games on the golden arm of Ben Roethlisberger. Our running game has been bottled up by 8 man fronts and blitzing safeties the past 2 weeks. I sure hope Seattle plays the same as Denver and Indy did.

We're winning these games on the golden arm of Ben Roethlisberger. Our running game has been bottled up by 8 man fronts and blitzing safeties the past 2 weeks. I sure hope Seattle plays the same as Denver and Indy did.

Don't underestimate your running game. Bettis has been totally unstoppable in short-yardage situations. As the Bengals, Colts, and Broncos all found out, third-and-short or first-and-goal has been lights out. That's a huge advantage.

Don't underestimate your running game. Bettis has been totally unstoppable in short-yardage situations. As the Bengals, Colts, and Broncos all found out, third-and-short or first-and-goal has been lights out. That's a huge advantage.

If Seattle plays to stop the pass, we will pulverize them up front with Fast Willie and Jerome. Teams stack the line v the run because we couldnt win games with Tommy Maddox at QB. He made too many mistakes. Now that we have a legit QB, teams are getting burned stacking the line. Pick your poison. We'll beat you on the ground.....and in the air.

I think Seattle is in a world of s**t. We've allowed 1 100 yard rusher over 32 games including the playoffs. Teams dont run the ball on us at all. We shut the run down and force them to beat us with the pass. This Steeler secondary isnt the same secondary that got burned all over the field just a season ago. We're revamped and we've got the wildest bad ass in the NFL running rampant in our secondary.

13 days and ticking. Time can't go any slower for us. I'm well beyond the 24 hour celebration rule. I want to see Coach Cowher hand the VL trophy over to Mr. Rooney.

One For The Thumb! thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

If Seattle plays to stop the pass, we will pulverize them up front with Fast Willie and Jerome. Teams stack the line v the run because we couldnt win games with Tommy Maddox at QB. He made too many mistakes. Now that we have a legit QB, teams are getting burned stacking the line. Pick your poison. We'll beat you on the ground.....and in the air.

I think Seattle is in a world of s**t. We've allowed 1 100 yard rusher over 32 games including the playoffs. Teams dont run the ball on us at all. We shut the run down and force them to beat us with the pass. This Steeler secondary isnt the same secondary that got burned all over the field just a season ago. We're revamped and we've got the wildest bad ass in the NFL running rampant in our secondary.

13 days and ticking. Time can't go any slower for us. I'm well beyond the 24 hour celebration rule. I want to see Coach Cowher hand the VL trophy over to Mr. Rooney.

One For The Thumb! thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

No, the Lions and Saints are in a world of s##t. Hard to be in the Super Bowl and be in a world of s##t.

And don't underestimate Seattle. Do you know how many penalties the left side of their O-line was called for, in 18 games? Three. They are good. You've got the league MVP running behind the best offensive line in the game. Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson....these guys are more than a match for any defensive line. And their passing game is solid....taking away Shaun Alexander (no guarantee, that) doesn't guarantee victory.

And frankly, "one for the thumb" is a great reason for me to root against the Steelers.

Check this s**t out... Big guy in the secondary for Pittsburgh? Troy Polamalu. Big guy in the secondary for Seattle? Lofa Totupu.

What more could you possibly ask for? biggrin.gif

Polamalu was an instant idol,when watching the AFC & NFC finals. Finnish tv broadcasted both games and although i haven't seen any regular season games (ever),it was fun to watch. I've seen like the last 10 Super Bowls. For me,it's Steelers. Seattle will not get that homecourt advantage in Detroit. The crowd was awesome there,but this ones on the neutral soil. I'll go for 28-24 Steelers

Lofa doesnt play DB. He is a linebacker.

We heard the same thing about the Colts and their offense and defense. The Colts had ZERO pass interference calls on them all year and we torched them through the air in Indy. The left side of Seattle's OL is nice. Two words for Seattle. They better learn these and watch more game tape. ZONE BLITZ

Seattle has a great offensive football team. But who have they played this year that played physical, smashmouth football? Dallas, Jacksonville and Washington. They played the Jags way back in week one and they played a beat up Redskin team 2 weeks ago. They've seen one 3-4 defense all year long at Dallas. And Dallas gave that game away. Our DC is going to have some new schemes that Holmgren and company have never seen come XL, they don't call LeBeau the master of disguise for nothing.

I would never underestimate an opponent at any given time. I just dont think they are going to be able to match the physicality with which Steeler football is associated with. As long as we come out and execute our gameplan, win the turnover battle and don't have any long returns on ST I'll like the result. 12 days and ticking

HERE WE GO!

I would never underestimate an opponent at any given time.

I think Seattle is in a world of s**t.

Seattle isnt putting 28 on our D.

Seattle has a great offense, but they dont scare me a bit

Sounds to me like you're underestimating the Seahawks.

This just in......they're a pretty good team.

I would never underestimate an opponent at any given time.

I think Seattle is in a world of s**t.

Seattle isnt putting 28 on our D.

Seattle has a great offense, but they dont scare me a bit

Sounds to me like you're underestimating the Seahawks.

This just in......they're a pretty good team.

The only team that scared me all year was Indy. We went in there and ran into a buzzsaw. They tore us a new one. It was a good game for us to lose. We learned a lot and we applied it to the whipping we gave Manning and company for round 2.

Our record speaks for itself. Of our 5 losses, only 1 of the 5 was a game we had no chance in. The other 4 were games we gave away. This team battled injuries all year and is one win away from the record books.

NE loss: Randle El laterals away a ball when we had a chance to go up 14 early. We kicked the ball out of bounds and gave NE the ball at their own 40 to come back and kick a FG to win it.

Jacksonville: Tommy Maddox fumbled a snap at Jacksonville's 25 yardline. All he had to do was hand off 3 times to Bettis so we could get a better FG.

Baltimore: Tommy Maddox, need I say more? You guys still need a QB?

Indy: We ran into a freaking buzzsaw. They did the same to us as we did to NE and Philly last year. We didn't have our starting LT and had a rookie sticking Dwight Freeney and it was Ben's first game back from his knee surgery.

Cincy: We had too many turnovers in this game and gave it away. Even with that, we had a chance to tie at the end but 2 penalties killed us.

We easily could have been 15-1. Our record is what it is. Seattle is a good team. Give them their credit. They wrapped up their division in August. They are battle tested this year facing AZ, SF and STL twice each.

Why is it that the #1 seed in the NFC is a 3 point dog to the #6 seed in the AFC?

Seattle should be the favorite. They have the top offense and the MVP. They had more sacks than we did on defense. Their coach has won 3 of 4 Super Bowls he has coached in as a HC and assistant.

Go to the Seahawks fan site and see what they think about the game. Those turkeys think the Steelers dont belong on the same field as they do. Delusional at best. I can't wait for what LeBeau has in store for these guys. The wait for this game just sucks.

It's exactly 1 week from today the big game is...I'm so excited! I get off work at 2pm and then I'm going to a Super Bowl party with some friends to watch the game.

It should be a great game. Hopefully the Seahawks come out strong and come out on top.

Let's go Seahawks!

Wont even be a game...Seattle has NO chance whatsoever. I say Pittsburgh by a minimum of 13 and the outcome will never be in doubt after the first quarter.

A lot of Steelers fans on here it seems, or at least, wanting them to win. I really think some of you are underestimating the Seahawks. They have no real big names on D, but it's been getting the job done. Another great thing about them is their height. That could be used as an advantage against Pittsburgh come Sunday.

I think the key to whoever wins this game is defense. Both QB's are going to have to be aware of what's going on out on the field. Hopefully Hasselbeck will be prepared and plays a solid game on Sunday.

Let's go Seahawks!

A lot of Steelers fans on here it seems, or at least, wanting them to win. I really think some of you are underestimating the Seahawks. They have no real big names on D, but it's been getting the job done. Another great thing about them is their height. That could be used as an advantage against Pittsburgh come Sunday.

I think the key to whoever wins this game is defense. Both QB's are going to have to be aware of what's going on out on the field. Hopefully Hasselbeck will be prepared and plays a solid game on Sunday.

Let's go Seahawks!

Its been getting the job done, but lets look at the quality of opposition. While Seattle's toughest opponents throughout the year have been against the likes of Washington and Carolina, Pittsburgh has been beating teams like San Diego, Cincy (2x), Indy, and Denver. Seattle's strength of shedule is absolutely awful compared to Pitt. Id like to see Seattle's D against any of those high powered offensive teams of the AFC that Pitt has beaten. I say Pitt probably puts up about 34 on the Hawks.

The Seahawks have an amazing (and overlooked) offense that includes Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselback. But I'm going with the Steelers. Jerome Bettis will win his final game in his home town. The Steelers offense should be able to score on Seattle's D, and 'Burgh's D should be able to hold Seattle under 30 points. Steelers by 5.

Go Steelers!

Those fans are everywhere around here. Went to Friday's last night and there was a whole throng of them in the place. (Some ABC Sports crew guys, too -- they were staying at the Residence Inn across the street.)