• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

1/24 GDT: Nashville Predators at Red Wings

Rate this topic

This is my first GDT ever, and I am going to the game tonight so I figured it was in order. biggrin.gif

Anyways here's to the boys starting out on a better foot than last night ( with the game actually TIED now lol).

Manny is supposedly starting tomorrow, which seems kind of odd to me, so I guess we will have to see. I'd love to see Ozzie in net though, I have only see him play in person twice.

LETS GO REDWINGS!

Edited by Bluedevils_13

Well the wings don't show up at home - they try to score from center ice - Manny is getting softer everyday - and I don't see anyway the Wings are gonna win today.

I'd say start Ozzy because Manny is struggling so bad. They should just leave Holmstrom on the ice and our goaltender because he is the only one that actually gets in front of the net and everybody else is flying to the moon to get in the position to shoot the puck.

They need to call some players up and send some of our worthless Joes down. lol

Just for kicks, lets throw Mowers in the starting lineup.

Go Wings, even though they probably will blow it today too.

mad.gif

Prediction: Nashville 6, Detroit 1 crazy.gif

Edited by aflac9262

Wow theres some real pissed off Wings fans in these forums. I think the Wings come out strong tonight and play a good defensive game and come out on top in the score board. If Legace does start tonight I think you'll see him play a stellar game in net with something to prove. Should be a good game. Wings need to get that 3 point spread in the division back tonight.

Anyways here's to the boys starting out on a better foot than last night ( with the game actually TIED now lol).

We got the goal, you got an extra 12 1/2 minutes to try and get it back, it was balanced. The weirdest start to a game in NHL history.

The division and conference lead are only at stake tonight, no big deal. Time to see if the Preds can step up and steal the crown for a little while, or longer. wink.gif

Wow, quick start for the GDT today. I am still recovering from the last disappointing loss wink.gif . Last game I stayed off the threads b/c superstitious me thought it was bad luck, but I guess not. I predict quite a blowout, partially because the wings looked like they couldn't score last night if their life depended on it--so these goals are long over due:

wings: 5<< Schneider, Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, Samulsson

preds: 1<< Walker

Wings need this one to keep first place in the divison.

LETS GO WINGS

Manny will shine... The wings will get those goals they deserved

Last time I made a prediction I was dead on, and it was when we won 4-0.

Hmm.....The first score that came to me was 2-1 wings... not the goal output i was hoping for, but they win and Manny puts on a show!

I am psychic... dont hate

Hmm.....The first score that came to me was 2-1 wings... not the goal output i was hoping for, but they win and Manny puts on a show!

Manny puts on a show ???

Wow, that's a bold predicition dude.

Let's hope your right.

Seriously though.. If Vokoun plays lik he played yesterday you can shoot all you want at him. It's not gonna help.

And Babcock should play Osgood. Manny is clearly struggling. Give the guy a break.

However, I read Manny will start again.

I hope he regains his 2005 form, but I doubt it.

Predators 4

Red Wings 2

Edited by interminded

This is my first GDT ever, and I am going to the game tonight so I figured it was in order. biggrin.gif

Manny is supposedly starting tomorrow, which seems kind of odd to me, so I guess we will have to see. I'd love to see Ozzie in net though, I have only see him play in person twice.

LETS GO REDWINGS!

Hope you have fun at the game!!! thumbup.gif

Anyway, I'm not surprised that Manny is supposed to start again. Legace wants the starting job, so Babs is giving him all he can handle. Soon he will faulter and then it will show Ozzie is our starter and the one that should've been a while ago...

Hope we can come out with a lot of intesity and stay out of the box. With 41 shots we need to get more than 2 friggen' goals past Vokoun!! Hopefully that'll happen...

No predictions - just hoping for a Wings victory...

Let's go Wings!

Hey Manny>Ozzie I like the graphic in your sig, pretty sweet dude. Was beginning to think that had been forgotten about..

That said, I think the wings will get fired up and pull this one out. They really needed to win one of these games, and this one is obviously gonna be easier to win. In this situation I do not think Manny>Ozzie, but if the wings play well it won't matter either way. Manny needs a rest either this game or next, that's what Osgood's there for.

EDIT- do I type much or what??

Edited by ltgator333

We got the goal, you got an extra 12 1/2 minutes to try and get it back, it was balanced. The weirdest start to a game in NHL history.

The division and conference lead are only at stake tonight, no big deal. Time to see if the Preds can step up and steal the crown for a little while, or longer. wink.gif

I think it was even, but wasn't only like 7:30 we got back?

Yes, Lang turned the puck over numerous times.. and wow are they

aggressive on the PK.. but that's no excuse. We still peppered them

with a TON of shots.. Vokoun was the difference.

Tonight will be different .. Hey Trotzie.. any chance we can see Mason in

goal tonight? laugh.gif

Wings 7, Preds 4.

P.S. I'd hardly say Manny is struggling. Geezus this place is harsh.

Holy smokes, what is with all the Manny haters? He gave up a goal on a breakaway and a deflection on the PP. Last time I checked, anyone on a breakaway is the defense's fault? However, I do believe he should've had the deflection. He should've got his whole body in front of the shot instead of trying to use his blocker. Sure, the shots were lopsided, but the goals he gave up were not horrible goals. Wings fans kill me, never be satisfied, Wings could go 81-1 and there were be people raising hell because they lost one game.

Anyhow, Manny is the Man, LETS GO WINGS.

Wings fans kill me, never be satisfied, Wings could go 81-1 and there were be people raising hell because they lost one game.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Amen to that.

*except for the fact that the deflected shot completely changed directions.. pretty impossible to stop IMO.

I think it was even, but wasn't only like 7:30 we got back?

There was only about 7:30 left in the first when play was stopped in November. 12:30 elapsed and replayed. Gotta love tivo.

I still would like to know who the genius at the NHL offices was who came up with this one. Restarting from scratch would have made sense, but upset all of Smashville. Resuming where the clock and score were would have upset most of Detroit, but also made sense. A full clock with the goal counting and a player on Milwaukee's roster getting an assist made no sense at all.

Legace wants the starting job, so Babs is giving him all he can handle. Soon he will faulter and then it will show Ozzie is our starter and the one that should've been a while ago...

That's the way to show some confidence in your goalie!!! While I agree Ozzie belongs as the #1, Manny is in net tonight. Lets support him.

Guys, I have one request if you're going to start a GDT: Please make the topic TITLE & DESCRIPTION uniform for *all* of them.

The format should always be as follows:

Home Game:

[DATE] GDT: [OPPONENT'S FULL TITLE] at Red Wings

[TIME] / [TV] / [RADIO & INTERNET BROADCAST]

Away Game:

[DATE] GDT: Red Wings at [OPPONENT'S FULL TITLE]

[TIME] / [TV] / [RADIO & INTERNET BROADCAST]

It's for "official" purposes, so there's no confusion over which one to use (before they get pinned) and for archival purposes. Well, that and it gets annoying editing them all the time wink.gif...

Thanks!

Some thoughts on last night’s game:

1. I wish the Predators had won by two goals, it doesn’t feel like a win. And I can’t even imagine how it feels to a wings fan. But those were the rules agreed upon by both teams and the league, so you can’t really complain one way or the other about it.

2. 17 penalties is a lot. The officiating in the NHL is a joke, the stuff the call and the stuff they let go is just disgusting.

3. Vokoun played out of his mind last night. But the Predators are not worthless without Vokoun as many would suggest. I believe Chris Mason also has a winning record and we won when our 4th goalie Pekka Rinne was in net as well.

4. On the subject of goalies, the last 3 or 4 wings games that I’ve watched, they only allowed 15-20 shots on goal. Almost every interview I’ve ever heard with a top goaltender over the past 10 years has included some time where the goalie will say that he prefers to face a lot of shots, and that he plays better when he faces more shots. As strange as it sounds, maybe it would help the wing’s goalies if they actually allowed a few more shots per game, or at least a more steady dose of shots rather than dominating the offensive zone for 5 minutes and the goalie goes to sleep.

5. No way the outcome is close to the same tonight. Wings win big time… 6-3.