• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

1/24 GDT: Nashville Predators at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Like Babcock said...we need a goalie. not a goalie who is hot. Manny was undressed by Sullivan, and Kariya. I think he commits to soon, and then he is screwwed.

What about our power play? It is non existant. If we are going to be having all of thse power plays then they need to practicing. We can't hardly even get it into the zone. Not to mention all of the escaping pucks off of the point.

Vokoun is the best goalie I've seen this year. He's been playing like this pretty much all season. The Wings didn't play their best game, but he was still in great form.

Kiprusoff, after a bad start, is right up there with him.

Manny goes down WAYYY too fast.

Can we all just face it?? We HAVE NO #1 GOALTENDERS. We have Osgood and Legace and they are 1B goalies at best.

Truer words cannot be spoken.

Neither goalie has done anything to solidify their #1 spot.

Guest Yzerman_is_hockeytown

I wouldn't blame Legace for either goal. Sullivan was out of position and got lucky on his breakaway and on Kariya's goal our defense was out to lunch.

Lucky, he deked Manny out of his jockstrap, and Kariya did the same thing. Once again the excuses keep rolling for Manny. God I sware his nuts must be blue from all the hugging going on around here.

It was not two great dekes. Kariya's goal was EASILY stoppable. Legace played that in the WORST possible way he could. Stopping a breakaway is probably the easiest part of goaltending, no lie. You come out and challenge, make the shooter make the first move (in this case you KNEW for a fact that Kariya was going to go glove side based on how he was skating, the way he was deking, and his speed alone), and you slide back to the post in the butterfly or half-butterfly position on, roughly a 45* angle.

Really, it's not that hard.

Sure thing.

You got an agent?

You can't blame Manny... he gave up 1 goal in regulation. WHAT DO YOU WANT!? If the Wing could score more than twice in a game maybe we could win. And I must say Lang is worthless. I don't care if he scored in 2 straight games... he does nothing on the ice. He doesn't skate, can't shoot, can't pass, can't take a pass and can't even stickhandle around a guy with his huge frame.

*coughColumbuscoughShootoutcoughOsgoodcoughNashcoughFedorovcough*

It can[/i[ be done. tongue.gif

Shhhhhhhhh laugh.gif

I see what you're sayin though. It can be done, but you got guys like Nash/Fedorov/Sullivan/Kariya 1-on-1, the odds IMO are heavily stacked against you as a goalie.

anyone who watched these two games is fooling themselves if they think this current wings team can make it past the first round of the playoffs. they've fattened up on their lowly division (nashville aside) but they have zero depth on defense and iffy goaltending which=early playoff exit.

end of discussion.

Manny is a s***ty goalie. He will always be a backup. He prolly couldnt even start for Boston, but yet he is Detroit's number 1 guy. Way to go babcock on that genious idea there.

What does Babcock have to do with it? He's not the GM.

I wouldn't blame Legace for either goal. Sullivan was out of position and got lucky on his breakaway and on Kariya's goal our defense was out to lunch.

I would most definitely pin this one on Manny. How many goals would we have scored if we had all those breakaways. Vocoun has made many saves these past two nights, that, if they had gotten past him, people would have said "He had no chance - you can't blame him for that one." But, guess what, he made the saves. Sometimes you've got to step up and get the job done - that's what those millions of dollars going into your pockets are for - to WIN GAMES!!! thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

Manny goes down WAYYY too fast.

Can we all just face it?? We HAVE NO #1 GOALTENDERS. We have Osgood and Legace and they are 1B goalies at best.

Truer words cannot be spoken.

Neither goalie has done anything to solidify their #1 spot.

True, but lets not jump off the bridge just yet.

Manny played outstanding for Detroit tonight, regardless of this fetish everyone has of bashing him (or any other Detroit goalie for that matter). He may be a career backup and may never be consistent enough in the eyes of his coaches and/or front office to be an every day #1 goalie. However, even career backups play outstanding games every now and then- and tonight, Manny played very well.

Detroit lost because Nashville got behind the defense twice, and plays an aggressive penalty kill, as well as having a goalie play just as outstanding. That's it.

Good game. Three good games and it does look like a great series is definitely in store for us all.

David

I would most definitely pin this one on Manny. How many goals would we have scored if we had all those breakaways. Vocoun has made many saves these past two nights, that, if they had gotten past him, people would have said "He had no chance - you can't blame him for that one." But, guess what, he made the saves. Sometimes you've got to step up and get the job done - that's what those millions of dollars going into your pockets are for - to WIN GAMES!!! thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

This is what I want to hear from more wings fans. Its Legaces job to win games REGARDLESS of how many goals we score.

That being said, Osgood is no better.

DO NOT PUSH THE JOLLY, SHINY, CANDY-LIKE PANIC BUTTON! laugh.gif

user posted image

That's the history erase button...I wonder what would happen if someone puched it?

I know...it would erase this crappy play the wings!!!!

Sure thing.

You got an agent?

Being sarcastic? I can onnly assume that you are but assuming things leads to bad things so. State Champion here, let in 1 breakaway goal in the last two seasons of play. Only shoot-out I've been in I stopped all FIVE. It's not hard, I guess I was taught the right way, a way NHL goalies haven't.