• This topic is locked This topic is locked
629 replies to this topic

#21 Schneids_is_awesome

Schneids_is_awesome

Danny's To Do List: Conn Smythe & Stanley Cup

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (Naslund19 @ January 24, 2006 - 06:37AM)
Legace wants the starting job, so Babs is giving him all he can handle. Soon he will faulter and then it will show Ozzie is our starter and the one that should've been a while ago...

That's the way to show some confidence in your goalie!!! While I agree Ozzie belongs as the #1, Manny is in net tonight. Lets support him.

#22 Predator_Artillery

Predator_Artillery

Deliverer of Freedom

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:43 AM

I'm really hoping the Wings start that goalie prospect M. T. Nett. He does have a pretty good GAA vs the Preds in his limited minutes this season.

#23 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:48 AM

Guys, I have one request if you're going to start a GDT: Please make the topic TITLE & DESCRIPTION uniform for *all* of them.

The format should always be as follows:

Home Game:
[DATE] GDT: [OPPONENT'S FULL TITLE] at Red Wings
[TIME] / [TV] / [RADIO & INTERNET BROADCAST]

Away Game:
[DATE] GDT: Red Wings at [OPPONENT'S FULL TITLE]
[TIME] / [TV] / [RADIO & INTERNET BROADCAST]

It's for "official" purposes, so there's no confusion over which one to use (before they get pinned) and for archival purposes. Well, that and it gets annoying editing them all the time wink.gif...

Thanks!

#24 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:57 AM

Im too mad at the decision to start Manny for a secodn straight night when he looked rusty last night and OZzie is coming off a shutout to care...win this one or be down in the division it is as simple as that...Big game for the Wings...BAD choice by BABBY

#25 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:06 AM

Some thoughts on last night’s game:

1. I wish the Predators had won by two goals, it doesn’t feel like a win. And I can’t even imagine how it feels to a wings fan. But those were the rules agreed upon by both teams and the league, so you can’t really complain one way or the other about it.

2. 17 penalties is a lot. The officiating in the NHL is a joke, the stuff the call and the stuff they let go is just disgusting.

3. Vokoun played out of his mind last night. But the Predators are not worthless without Vokoun as many would suggest. I believe Chris Mason also has a winning record and we won when our 4th goalie Pekka Rinne was in net as well.

4. On the subject of goalies, the last 3 or 4 wings games that I’ve watched, they only allowed 15-20 shots on goal. Almost every interview I’ve ever heard with a top goaltender over the past 10 years has included some time where the goalie will say that he prefers to face a lot of shots, and that he plays better when he faces more shots. As strange as it sounds, maybe it would help the wing’s goalies if they actually allowed a few more shots per game, or at least a more steady dose of shots rather than dominating the offensive zone for 5 minutes and the goalie goes to sleep.

5. No way the outcome is close to the same tonight. Wings win big time… 6-3.

IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#26 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:09 AM

Goalie can't play like that two games in a row. Unless he's called Kiprusoff.
Vokoun will play like he did during the lockout (sucky). Go Wings!

WINGS 6-4

Willy,Dats,Lids,Franzenstein,Lilja & Malts
Burke.gif

#27 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

1 and 2 I agree with. 3 I don't think Vokoun did anything spectacular, good position, a little luck, but no save that I was like "Man this guys got it going!" I don't seriously think Nashville is going anywhere without Vokoun, I mean we won with Howard in net too, but I don't even want to see him on the bench come playoff time. I sure hope they don't let more shots on goal, I'd have to tell the goalies to suck it up and stop the shots they do face, puck possesicion is the Wings game they can't change that. Yeah, the Wings will take it to them tonight, no doubt. thumbup.gif

#28 gowingsgo

gowingsgo

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:35 AM

I have no problem with the game starting 1-0 Nashville considering what happened in THAT game. On a clean slate, the boys better come out and jump on the puck and get the lead. We play a hell of a lot better hockey with the lead than without. It also allows teams to play more defensive, to protect the lead and then jump on any turnovers and opportunities they get offensively.

We just are not a great come from behind team. The boys need to come out and show Nashville who owns the Central.

GO WINGS
NHL Playoffs = Mule Season. Lets Go Wings

#29 wingsin4

wingsin4

cominatcha

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:52 AM

Ill be at this one, got "standing room" tiks. So heres to hopeing the Wings come out hungry for some goals.

Im taking some friends that have never been to an NHL game before, I figure this should be a dandy for their first game. I love the $27 standing room, much better then $44 for nosebleed seats.

Off for an early game of drop-in to get us in the mood!!

Go Wings!!!
100% American

#30 hockey4life

hockey4life

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

1st of all...Vokoun is a freakin beast
2nd of all....the wings arent going to outshoot the preds by as many goals like they did last night, its just not going to happen The preds are going to have more shots and put 4 in on legacy wings will have a decent amount of shots resulting in 2 goals
Preds take over the division tonight.... Holla at 1st place detriot
Preds 4-2 VOKOUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Edited by hockey4life, 24 January 2006 - 11:10 AM.

#31 Predator_Artillery

Predator_Artillery

Deliverer of Freedom

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (gowingsgo @ January 24, 2006 - 10:35AM)
I have no problem with the game starting 1-0 Nashville considering what happened in THAT game. On a clean slate, the boys better come out and jump on the puck and get the lead. We play a hell of a lot better hockey with the lead than without. It also allows teams to play more defensive, to protect the lead and then jump on any turnovers and opportunities they get offensively.

We just are not a great come from behind team. The boys need to come out and show Nashville who owns the Central.

GO WINGS

The Preds are a little new at this owning the Central thing. Do we get a receipt or something? A pinkslip transfer maybe? hehe.gif

#32 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Predator_Artillery @ January 24, 2006 - 12:12PM)

GO WINGS

The Preds are a little new at this owning the Central thing. Do we get a receipt or something? A pinkslip transfer maybe? hehe.gif

Nah, you're just trying it on. No receipt needed. tongue.gif
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#33 hockey4life

hockey4life

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (vladdy16 @ January 24, 2006 - 12:31PM)
QUOTE (Predator_Artillery @ January 24, 2006 - 12:12PM)

GO WINGS

Nah, you're just trying it on. No receipt needed. tongue.gif

We are gonna have it on for a longggg time before we take it back off tongue.gif

#34 Covenant

Covenant

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Predator_Artillery @ January 24, 2006 - 10:43AM)
I'm really hoping the Wings start that goalie prospect M. T. Nett. He does have a pretty good GAA vs the Preds in his limited minutes this season.

tongue.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

good one!
Give us Mason tonight, pretty please? blush.gif
IPB Image

#35 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Legionnaire11 @ January 24, 2006 - 11:06AM)
Some thoughts on last night’s game:

1. I wish the Predators had won by two goals, it doesn’t feel like a win. And I can’t even imagine how it feels to a wings fan. But those were the rules agreed upon by both teams and the league, so you can’t really complain one way or the other about it.

2. 17 penalties is a lot. The officiating in the NHL is a joke, the stuff the call and the stuff they let go is just disgusting.

3. Vokoun played out of his mind last night. But the Predators are not worthless without Vokoun as many would suggest. I believe Chris Mason also has a winning record and we won when our 4th goalie Pekka Rinne was in net as well.

4. On the subject of goalies, the last 3 or 4 wings games that I’ve watched, they only allowed 15-20 shots on goal. Almost every interview I’ve ever heard with a top goaltender over the past 10 years has included some time where the goalie will say that he prefers to face a lot of shots, and that he plays better when he faces more shots. As strange as it sounds, maybe it would help the wing’s goalies if they actually allowed a few more shots per game, or at least a more steady dose of shots rather than dominating the offensive zone for 5 minutes and the goalie goes to sleep.

5. No way the outcome is close to the same tonight. Wings win big time… 6-3.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I like listening to other teams fans that say things that are truthful and real.

Great Post thumbup.gif
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#36 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

I like to think of the Preds as "window shoppers". There test driving a car they can never buy. Sure, the Wings may let you take it around the block, just make sure you know who's name is really on the title! Wings win, Vokoun although a good strong goalie, is hardly Roy or Hasek. The sooner you all realize this (preds fans) the easier it will be to accept an early playoff exit. If you make it! laugh.gif tongue.gif

#37 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (hockey4life @ January 24, 2006 - 12:34PM)
We are gonna have it on for a longggg time before we take it back off tongue.gif

Thats a pretty bold statement!

Don't write a check your team can't cash.

Let's see how it plays out.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#38 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ January 24, 2006 - 01:27PM)
I like to think of the Preds as "window shoppers". There test driving a car they can never buy. Sure, the Wings may let you take it around the block, just make sure you know who's name is really on the title! Wings win, Vokoun although a good strong goalie, is hardly Roy or Hasek. The sooner you all realize this (preds fans) the easier it will be to accept an early playoff exit. If you make it! laugh.gif tongue.gif

I gotta disagree with you on Vokoun bringbac91. I agree that he is no Hasek or Roy, but he has found his game, and I think he will be one of the premier goalies in the years to come. He's just as good as Kippur IMO.

#39 Predator_Artillery

Predator_Artillery

Deliverer of Freedom

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Covenant @ January 24, 2006 - 12:21PM)
tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

good one! 
Give us Mason tonight, pretty please?  blush.gif

Mason wouldn't look right in red and white, it would clash with his mask. crazy.gif
Careful what you ask for, Mase is 5-2-1 this year. I still think we go with Koun, he's been playing pretty well the past couple of games. He's getting back into his World Cup form.

The Preds might be making a call up before tonight's game. Mr. Upshall, paging Mr. Upshall, please pick up the Mustard courtesy phone.

#40 Stevie Y Datsyuk

Stevie Y Datsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:40 PM

Even though they should blow Nashville out after last night's game, I still think it's going to be another close one. Vokoun is nasty and I think he will make a lot of good saves again. Wings win a close one in regulation despite outshooting Nashville 38 to 20...

Wings 4 (Datsyuk (2), Holmstrom, Schneider,)
Preds 3 (Hartnell, Erat, Sullivan)

PS: Happy bday Never Forget Mac #25
Red Wings win with one second left in OT...thanks to Pavel Datsyuk