• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

1/24 GDT: Nashville Predators at Red Wings

Rate this topic

1 and 2 I agree with. 3 I don't think Vokoun did anything spectacular, good position, a little luck, but no save that I was like "Man this guys got it going!" I don't seriously think Nashville is going anywhere without Vokoun, I mean we won with Howard in net too, but I don't even want to see him on the bench come playoff time. I sure hope they don't let more shots on goal, I'd have to tell the goalies to suck it up and stop the shots they do face, puck possesicion is the Wings game they can't change that. Yeah, the Wings will take it to them tonight, no doubt. thumbup.gif

I have no problem with the game starting 1-0 Nashville considering what happened in THAT game. On a clean slate, the boys better come out and jump on the puck and get the lead. We play a hell of a lot better hockey with the lead than without. It also allows teams to play more defensive, to protect the lead and then jump on any turnovers and opportunities they get offensively.

We just are not a great come from behind team. The boys need to come out and show Nashville who owns the Central.

GO WINGS

Ill be at this one, got "standing room" tiks. So heres to hopeing the Wings come out hungry for some goals.

Im taking some friends that have never been to an NHL game before, I figure this should be a dandy for their first game. I love the $27 standing room, much better then $44 for nosebleed seats.

Off for an early game of drop-in to get us in the mood!!

Go Wings!!!

1st of all...Vokoun is a freakin beast

2nd of all....the wings arent going to outshoot the preds by as many goals like they did last night, its just not going to happen The preds are going to have more shots and put 4 in on legacy wings will have a decent amount of shots resulting in 2 goals

Preds take over the division tonight.... Holla at 1st place detriot

Preds 4-2 VOKOUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

Edited by hockey4life

I have no problem with the game starting 1-0 Nashville considering what happened in THAT game. On a clean slate, the boys better come out and jump on the puck and get the lead. We play a hell of a lot better hockey with the lead than without. It also allows teams to play more defensive, to protect the lead and then jump on any turnovers and opportunities they get offensively.

We just are not a great come from behind team. The boys need to come out and show Nashville who owns the Central.

GO WINGS

The Preds are a little new at this owning the Central thing. Do we get a receipt or something? A pinkslip transfer maybe? hehe.gif

GO WINGS

The Preds are a little new at this owning the Central thing. Do we get a receipt or something? A pinkslip transfer maybe? hehe.gif

Nah, you're just trying it on. No receipt needed. tongue.gif

GO WINGS

Nah, you're just trying it on. No receipt needed. tongue.gif

We are gonna have it on for a longggg time before we take it back off tongue.gif

I'm really hoping the Wings start that goalie prospect M. T. Nett. He does have a pretty good GAA vs the Preds in his limited minutes this season.

tongue.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

good one!

Give us Mason tonight, pretty please? blush.gif

Some thoughts on last night’s game:

1. I wish the Predators had won by two goals, it doesn’t feel like a win. And I can’t even imagine how it feels to a wings fan. But those were the rules agreed upon by both teams and the league, so you can’t really complain one way or the other about it.

2. 17 penalties is a lot. The officiating in the NHL is a joke, the stuff the call and the stuff they let go is just disgusting.

3. Vokoun played out of his mind last night. But the Predators are not worthless without Vokoun as many would suggest. I believe Chris Mason also has a winning record and we won when our 4th goalie Pekka Rinne was in net as well.

4. On the subject of goalies, the last 3 or 4 wings games that I’ve watched, they only allowed 15-20 shots on goal. Almost every interview I’ve ever heard with a top goaltender over the past 10 years has included some time where the goalie will say that he prefers to face a lot of shots, and that he plays better when he faces more shots. As strange as it sounds, maybe it would help the wing’s goalies if they actually allowed a few more shots per game, or at least a more steady dose of shots rather than dominating the offensive zone for 5 minutes and the goalie goes to sleep.

5. No way the outcome is close to the same tonight. Wings win big time… 6-3.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I like listening to other teams fans that say things that are truthful and real.

Great Post thumbup.gif

I like to think of the Preds as "window shoppers". There test driving a car they can never buy. Sure, the Wings may let you take it around the block, just make sure you know who's name is really on the title! Wings win, Vokoun although a good strong goalie, is hardly Roy or Hasek. The sooner you all realize this (preds fans) the easier it will be to accept an early playoff exit. If you make it! laugh.giftongue.gif

I like to think of the Preds as "window shoppers". There test driving a car they can never buy. Sure, the Wings may let you take it around the block, just make sure you know who's name is really on the title! Wings win, Vokoun although a good strong goalie, is hardly Roy or Hasek. The sooner you all realize this (preds fans) the easier it will be to accept an early playoff exit. If you make it! laugh.giftongue.gif

I gotta disagree with you on Vokoun bringbac91. I agree that he is no Hasek or Roy, but he has found his game, and I think he will be one of the premier goalies in the years to come. He's just as good as Kippur IMO.

tongue.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

good one! 

Give us Mason tonight, pretty please?  blush.gif

Mason wouldn't look right in red and white, it would clash with his mask. crazy.gif

Careful what you ask for, Mase is 5-2-1 this year. I still think we go with Koun, he's been playing pretty well the past couple of games. He's getting back into his World Cup form.

The Preds might be making a call up before tonight's game. Mr. Upshall, paging Mr. Upshall, please pick up the Mustard courtesy phone.

Even though they should blow Nashville out after last night's game, I still think it's going to be another close one. Vokoun is nasty and I think he will make a lot of good saves again. Wings win a close one in regulation despite outshooting Nashville 38 to 20...

Wings 4 (Datsyuk (2), Holmstrom, Schneider,)

Preds 3 (Hartnell, Erat, Sullivan)

PS: Happy bday Never Forget Mac #25

Even though they should blow Nashville out after last night's game, I still think it's going to be another close one. Vokoun is nasty and I think he will make a lot of good saves again. Wings win a close one in regulation despite outshooting Nashville 38 to 20...

Wings 4 (Datsyuk (2), Holmstrom, Schneider,)

Preds 3 (Hartnell, Erat, Sullivan)

PS: Happy bday Never Forget Mac #25

Erat is out with a strained hip (hurt last night). Upshall was recalled from Milwaukee (where he assisted on Greg Johnson's goal last night against the Wings).

David

1st of all...Vokoun is a freakin beast

2nd of all....the wings arent going to outshoot the preds by as many goals like they did last night, its just not going to happen The preds are going to have more shots and put 4 in on legacy wings will have a decent amount of shots resulting in 2 goals

Preds take over the division tonight.... Holla at 1st place detriot

Preds 4-2 VOKOUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

See how hockey knowledgeable this guy is...it's Legace not Legacy.

Erat is out with a strained hip (hurt last night). Upshall was recalled from Milwaukee (where he assisted on Greg Johnson's goal last night against the Wings).

David

My B on Erat. That stinks though cause he's a good player but i guess that makes up for no Kronwall or Fischer. wink.gif I really miss these guys.

Hi all,

I'm new to these boards. Just another intelligent Preds fan looking for another place to talk hockey. This game worries me, but at the same time, it doesn't. It's such a long season series, and I predicted that the Wings and the Preds would split it from the very beginning. So, I wouldn't be upset either way. I hope the Preds win though. So here's my bold prediction:

Kariya gets back on track. Two goals

Sully gets 1.

Fiddler gets 1.

Datsyuk gets 2

and I'll give Stevie Y 1.

Preds 4

Wings 3

Let the race begin.

My name on the Preds boards is cinepuck, so I'll sign my name as that.

cinepuck

Wow theres some real pissed off Wings fans in these forums. I think the Wings come out strong tonight and play a good defensive game and come out on top in the score board. If Legace does start tonight I think you'll see him play a stellar game in net with something to prove. Should be a good game. Wings need to get that 3 point spread in the division back tonight.

I'm with you 100%. First of all, I think the loss last night is being blown way out of proportion. I admit the Preds are probably the battle we will need to win come playoff time if we want a chance at the cup, but if it weren't for the goal that was rolled over from Nov 21st, the game would have gone into overtime and possibly to a shootout. Besides, last night was only the 2nd of 8 meetings between the two teams and we are 1/1 against them up to this point. I think the Wings will come out tonight and show why they are at the top of the Western conference and then the fans who are so angry today, bashing everyone from the coach to the goalie will quiet down until the next loss. I hate to see the Wings lose too, but I was much more upset about the 6-3 loss to Dallas than last nights game.