• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

1/24 GDT: Nashville Predators at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Manny or Ozzie.....theyre both the same to me. They both had a hot streak and now theyre both playing mediocre. Well still have to score 3-4 goals to win the game at the very least.

I hope its a blowout with Datsyuk, Shanny, and Zetterberg chipping in. Maybe one from the Captain as well.

Well the wings don't show up at home - they try to score from center ice - Manny is getting softer everyday - and I don't see anyway the Wings are gonna win today.

I'd say start Ozzy because Manny is struggling so bad. They should just leave Holmstrom on the ice and our goaltender because he is the only one that actually gets in front of the net and everybody else is flying to the moon to get in the position to shoot the puck.

They need to call some players up and send some of our worthless Joes down. lol

Just for kicks, lets throw Mowers in the starting lineup.

Go Wings, even though they probably will blow it today too.

mad.gif

Woah, I have to defend Manny here. His stats over the last 4 games are NOT good. However, if you look at the shots that have gone in, almost every single one was tipped. Tipped shots are near impossible to save, and Manny has been absolutely shelled with tipped shots.

Two games ago, against the Avs, all 3 goals were tipped. Last game 1 goal was awarded before the even game started, one goal tipped, and one goal on a breakaway. You can't really blame him for the breakaway goal, yet we DID need him to come up with a big save, and he didn't.

Manny was not soft any of these last 4 games. Yet at the same time, Ozzy wasn't getting tipped shots on him, and played well last game. I say switch goalies and try to change things up a bit.

I'll be surprised if Babcock sticks with Manny on back to back games.

you preds fans make me laugh. just like sens fans, all they care about is beating the leafs. the GOAL is to win the stanley cup.

which they've successfuly done so far this season!

you preds fans make me laugh. just like sens fans, all they care about is beating the leafs. the GOAL is to win the stanley cup.

If we take the regular season series with the Wings, we take the division. If we take the division, the playoffs go through our house not yours. One step at a time. Last season, the Preds were supposed to get swept in the playoffs, but took it to six games and this years Preds are a much better team that last season's. There is a logic behind the madness.

Please don't generalize the Predators' faithful. I know that the goal is to win that beautiful silver chalice, but the Red Wings have always been our measuring stick. We care so much because we know in order to win said chalice, we have to be able to consistantly beat your team. That's my two cents.

cinepuck

this might be a little off topic but after reading peoples replies i thought i would through this in.... Preds fans cannot stand the red wings and the red wings fans cannot stand the preds... and you know what?? its awesome. not only is it good for the NHL but it is creating a great rivalry between these two teams. i can tell you that preds fans look forward to play detriot more than any games of the year. just something about playing detriot is diff. so many people get extremly excited about these games and battling for 1st place in the division makes them even more exciting than they already are. great rivalry building up between them

YES! im goin to the game tonight. its going to be a good game. biggrin.gif

I'm going too. I plan on leaving early so I can catch the warm-ups. It's my first Wings game since I saw Stevie get that puck in the eye in the playoffs of '04.

If you're lookin' for me, look for the dude in the Wings jersey. wink.gif

1st of all...Vokoun is a freakin beast

2nd of all....the wings arent going to outshoot the preds by as many goals like they did last night, its just not going to happen    The preds are going to have more shots and put 4 in on legacy  wings will have a decent amount of shots resulting in 2 goals   

Preds take over the division tonight.... Holla at 1st place detriot

Preds 4-2          VOKOUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

See how hockey knowledgeable this guy is...it's Legace not Legacy.

LMAO

rotflmao.gif

If we take the regular season series with the Wings, we take the division.

and how is this so? Say you do (by luck) take the series. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are plenty more than 6 more games in the season. Please speak relatively.

If we take the regular season series with the Wings, we take the division. If we take the division, the playoffs go through our house not yours. One step at a time. Last season, the Preds were supposed to get swept in the playoffs, but took it to six games and this years Preds are a much better team that last season's. There is a logic behind the madness.

Ugh, isn't there a letsgopreds.com or something that you people can go to? Your dream rantings about beating us in the playoffs...won't happen, I don't care who gets home ice. For one your team isn't that great (except your goaltender of course). Just funny how after the last game and we owned you in Nashville none of you preds fans were here raving about your team...now you finally win one and you think your the new hockey Gods. Come see me after you've won the Stanley Cup...or at least make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

That is the truest thing ever said on this forum.

Ugh, isn't there a letsgopreds.com or something that you people can go to? Your dream rantings about beating us in the playoffs...won't happen, I don't care who gets home ice. For one your team isn't that great (except your goaltender of course). Just funny how after the last game and we owned you in Nashville none of you preds fans were here raving about your team...now you finally win one and you think your the new hockey Gods. Come see me after you've won the Stanley Cup...or at least make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

That is the truest thing ever said on this forum.

I love reading these posts...they're almost as funny as seeing Colorado lose 7-0 in a game 7. biggrin.gif

Quick question to anyone whose been to the Joe this year...How have they been there on the whole "moving down to get better seats" dealie , do they not let you at all , or are they cool with it?

I moved down a couple of rows lat time I was there. No hassle.maybe cuz it was in the same section though. Lot of people do it.

Something interesting to watch tonight. I think it quietly made a huge difference in the game last night. That is the battles in front of the net between Holmstrom and Markov. I know at first glance you will say that there is no contest here. But last night, Markov did a remarkable job of staying on Holmstrom and getting Vokoun a few extra inches of sight lines.

I'd like to see Yzerman with Maltby and Draper tonight. I know Babcock tried it for a few minutes of the game yesterday and it seemed that there was a little spark there. The only thing I hate the most is that it's always Draper who is getting chances....anyone but Draper!!!

Hi all,

I'm new to these boards. Just another intelligent Preds fan looking for another place to talk hockey. This game worries me, but at the same time, it doesn't. It's such a long season series, and I predicted that the Wings and the Preds would split it from the very beginning. So, I wouldn't be upset either way. I hope the Preds win though. So here's my bold prediction:

Kariya gets back on track. Two goals

Sully gets 1.

Fiddler gets 1.

Datsyuk gets 2

and I'll give Stevie Y 1.

Preds 4

Wings 3

Let the race begin.

My name on the Preds boards is cinepuck, so I'll sign my name as that.

cinepuck

Welcome to our board. I for one am glad to have visitors from other teams post here, especially the ones that are sane. There are a lot of LGW posters that are retards and moosefarts. Suggestion....don't feed the trolls.