• This topic is locked This topic is locked
629 replies to this topic

#621 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (hockey4life @ January 25, 2006 - 05:29PM)
Wings Fans=Bandwagoners

No, they're just spoiled, being the best team in hockey the past 15 years will do that for you. The reason the Predators fans are more excited is because success in hockey is new to them and very exciting,
Moral victories are for losers.

#622 Datsyukdeke

Datsyukdeke

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (hockey4life @ January 25, 2006 - 06:29PM)
you know what i found pretty funny yet pretty pathetic are the wings fans. it was easy to see many open seats at the arena last night and u never hear wings fans chanting or anything. the only time i heard them chanting was when OT started and thats it. it was weak. come and see when the wings play the preds at the GEC and u will see fans that are really into the game. Wings Fans=Bandwagoners

what game were you watching? eh... i was at that game and they didnt only chant in overtime, they were chanting every peroid, so take back what you said and actually pay attention to the game instead of the TV. mad.gif i dont understand how people can lie easily like that. dry.gif

EDIT: and oh yeah how are we band wagoners if almost in every city you hear "lets go red wings". even in nashville you hear that chant so what are you talking about.

Edited by Datsyukdeke, 25 January 2006 - 06:47 PM.

IPB Image
Professional Jock Remover

#623 Grind Line 33

Grind Line 33

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (hockey4life @ January 25, 2006 - 05:29PM)
you know what i found pretty funny yet pretty pathetic are the wings fans. it was easy to see many open seats at the arena last night and u never hear wings fans chanting or anything. the only time i heard them chanting was when OT started and thats it. it was weak. come and see when the wings play the preds at the GEC and u will see fans that are really into the game. Wings Fans=Bandwagoners

The fans at the Joe are pathetic? Tell us something we don't know. Unfortunately for the true Wings fans, one side effect of our team's long term success is that corporations have bought up pretty much the entire lower bowl in season tickets and don't use them when they don't have some VIP to entertain. Then when they do use them, they show up fashionably late, spend most of the game in the Olympia Club, and then leave early. The crowds in standing room and the upper bowl are much better.

Don't judge the entirety of the Red Wings' fan base on the mere 20,066 people who are fortunate enough (even when most don't realize it) to actually have tickets to a game. How about the 1.2 million who have turned out for the last two Cup parades if you want some chanting. biggrin.gif

Some Wings fans are bandwagoners, agreed. But you're kidding yourself if you think some Preds fans aren't either. Every team has 'em.

#624 Grind Line 33

Grind Line 33

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Datsyukdeke @ January 25, 2006 - 06:44PM)
what game were you watching? eh... i was at that game and they didnt only chant in overtime, they were chanting every peroid, so take back what you said and actually pay attention to the game instead of the TV. mad.gif i dont understand how people can lie easily like that. dry.gif

EDIT: and oh yeah how are we band wagoners if almost in every city you hear "lets go red wings". even in nashville you hear that chant so what are you talking about.

Thing is, you can't really hear the upper bowl/standing room folks on TV all the time. You have to get a good majoritiy of the arena going for it to be clearly heard on TV and with the lower bowl nearly empty or nearly comatose for most games, that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

What hockey4life doesn't understand is having a team that is so successful that having lower bowl tickets to their arena has become a status thing that is used by major corporations to woo important clients who couldn't really care less about seeing the Red Wings game, only that being seen at Joe Louis Arena is the thing to do in Detroit. rolleyes.gif

#625 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:09 PM

I don't know what it is about expansion teams, but I just can find myself to respect them or their fans for that matter. Thus far Nashville has accomplised nothing. and hockey4life you got alot of nerve rippin on our fans, do it to my face and I'll beat you worse than your UncleDaddy does with a switch, @%#%^$&@# Redneck!

#626 Grind Line 33

Grind Line 33

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Johnny Diamonds @ January 25, 2006 - 07:09PM)
I don't know what it is about expansion teams, but I just can find myself to respect them or their fans for that matter. Thus far Nashville has accomplised nothing. and hockey4life you got alot of nerve rippin on our fans, do it to my face and I'll beat you worse than your UncleDaddy does with a switch, @%#%^$&@# Redneck!

And of course there's loads to respect about your post. rolleyes.gif

#627 Satrebil

Satrebil

Satrebil

• PipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (RedWingsRule! @ January 24, 2006 - 10:29PM)
Chelios has been problem all year. He takes way too many penalties and he scoring is way down. He should retire, we don't need him! And I for one would love to see him go! Let him eat chili or something, just don't come to the Joe anymore!

Look around at any game, 2-3 Chelios jerseys, he is simply not a favorite.

Chelios started out somewhat poorly, but he's playing like he's ten years younger right now.

#628 Tunbo Batman

Tunbo Batman

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

hmmm, this thread has made me realize 2 things:

1-a frightening proportion of nashville "fans" suck cock big-time.

2-a frightening proportion of detroit "fans" suck cock big-time.

maybe i just simply quit these stupid boards and enjoy the great show that the DRW put up 4 nights out of 5?

unsure.gif

#629 Predator_Artillery

Predator_Artillery

Deliverer of Freedom

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Tunbo Batman @ January 25, 2006 - 08:42PM)
hmmm, this thread has made me realize 2 things:

1-a frightening proportion of nashville "fans" suck cock big-time.

2-a frightening proportion of detroit "fans" suck cock big-time.

maybe i just simply quit these stupid boards and enjoy the great show that the DRW put up 4 nights out of 5?

unsure.gif

I'm sure that you'll still be able to find a glory hole to work.

#630 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Aaaaannnd that's that.

peace

Posted Image