• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CamNeely08

Doug Weight to Detroit next year

Rate this topic

Word on the street is that Doug Weight wants more than anything to become a Red Wing, apparently he told his agent and the blues that he would accept and would like a trade to Detroit. However, being that Detroit is close to the cap this year and depth at center for the playoffs he acknowledged that his best route to his hometown would be through Free Agency in the Summer.

Why? One more time... Why? If we move Lang, then yes. If we have Lang, Datsyuk, Weight and Draper then I see no point. Weight doesn't bring anything more to the table then Datsyuk but he is less of a floater then Lang though.

the "street" is from a friend of mine that works with Steve Bartlett. And remember that this is not from the wings side but from the Weight side of the story, the wings would have to move some guys around to make this happen too, I mean who play center right now? Lang, Pavel, Draper, Franzen, Stevie... all of them are centers depending on the situation, I believe Land and Datsyuk are the only ones in that group that don't play wing sometimes. Anyway, I think there is room on the roster for Weight, I think the bigger question for next year is how much $$ Holland is going to drop on a top tier Goaltender, because I don't see Ozzie and Legs coming back just to split time, maybe Oz as a straight backup but I feel Manny is out.

Even though I was accused of not posting links today by like 7 different people, I have to agree. A link is needed.

But in general opinion, who wouldn't want to come and play in Detroit.

Keep Legace

Replace Osgod with Howard

Trade Lang

Dont resign Lilja

Acquire Witt

Dont resign Rivers or Mowers

Yzerman retires

Grigorenko is still a year away

Modin finds his way to Detroit

Sign Weight

Woolley retires

Modin-Datsyuk-Shanahan

Zetterberg-Weight-Willaims

Sameulsson-Draper-Holmstrom

Maltby-Franzen-Cleary

Kronwall-Lidstrom

Witt-Schneider

Chelios-Lebda

Replace Osgood with Howard

Dont resign Lilja

Grigorenko is still a year away

Howard's progress would be stalled by sitting on the bench in Detroit, even if he did get to play 35 games. So, I don't think it'd be a good idea to bring him up unless the goalie coach or whomever says he's ready, so he'll be a year away.

I thought Grigs was ready to go this year if he wasn't still hindered by his leg injury?

And Lilja would've been a fine 2nd or 3rd pairing if Fischer and Kronwall didn't go down, he's worth every penny IMO and should be kept.

I still don't understand why people think we need Weight here. But don't get me wrong, I do understand in a good degree.

My point is that the guy is not going to produce the points that he was once able to do. Grant it, he's a great hockey player in my mind. I just think that age is starting to catch up with him, and he might turn out to be a dissapointment.

I like Weight, I really do, but at this point, I don't want him here. I'd rather go with a mini-youth movement type thing right now with our team, and get younger.

I still say no way to this, and after him being traded and wanting to go back to St. Louis next year, I'd say let him go back, because he's dumb enough to really want to go back to a team that totally sucks. And plus, St. Louis won't be making it back to the playoffs any time soon since they're now going to go through a rebuilding process. I want to give the young guys in Grand Rapids more of a chance.

Sorry but no thanks Dougie. He has the chance to sniff and perhaps touch the Cup this year. Next year? He says he wants to be back in St. Louis if so then enjoy your playoff watching from home. Either way we don't need him here. What we need is youth and grit.

Since he wants to go back to St. Louis, I'd just forget about the idea of him coming here and letting him go back to St. Louis. I don't have a clue why he wants to go back so bad, but he sure hell isn't going to win a cup there if that's what he has in mind.