• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockeyman3099

Osgood vs. Legace

Rate this topic

Who is the better goalie Osgood or Legace?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest shanny14

well , OWF, you know that statement before could have been taken one of two ways.. of course its taken to the extreme.

Legace is the obvious number one choice.. but i dont think this poll is fair.. if we were going by fair terms.

This team needs a good, strong, goaltender. I feel this season, they have found that goaltender in Manny Legace. He has had agreat season.

Im glad hes finally showing what hes made of. and we will see how the playoffs go. But I dont think that these two should be compared. it would be like comparing Martin Broduer to Robert Luongo. or oranges to chocolate. You just can't do that.thumbdown.gif

I'm sorry but this poll is laughable. It's like comparing Lidstrom to Phaneuf (someone that's had a great career, and still is to someone who's just now getting the spotlight...but yeah..see icon, sig. That's my answer.

I agree,i dont care who starts,Osgood or Legace,i have complete confidence in either one biggrin.gif

As far as this season goes, I get a little worried when Osgood is in net. Clearly he's had his nights and some spectacular saves, but he's had some difficulty producing stable performances. I completely agree that Osgood has accomplished more in his career, mostly due to the fact that he's been given the opportunities to do so. Manny, on the other hand, has played second fiddle to Hasek and Cujo during his tenure with the Wings. I know many fans are upset because of his inconsistancy in the Wings' last playoff run, but that was only one time. Osgood has come up short multiple times for multiple teams in the playoffs. I realize that he's won a Cup -- but as I said, he's also been given repeated opportunities to do so. My opinion? Give Manny the shot this year. He's proven during the regular season this year that he has what it takes.

Heres the thing. When Dom and Cujo were taking turns being injured the past season, Manny played his best hockey ever. But when the playoffs started, didn't everyone start begging for Cujo to play? That's how I remember it.

In the end, it wasn't about the goalies, It was about the Wings not being able to score goals in the playoffs. How many goals did we score in the Calgary series? Did we lose because of our goalies? No way. If Pavel and Hank and Shanahan don't light it up this year, the same thing will happen.

Having said all that that, I voted for Ozzie. He's been there.

I just find that Osgood tends to let in the really easy ones at the really inconvenient times, and lets out pretty big rebounds, but because of 1998, i respect him. However, Legace is having an amazing season, so i put Legace.

ahaha LEGACE FOR LIFE!!<3 he's my favourite player let alone just goalie?! Just the way legace performs in the net. He deserves to be winning in this poll!

ps- i love that pic in the reply above me! Ontario really doesn't like Osgood?

I guess Manny is Osgood as it gets!