• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockeyman3099

Lidstrom for Mccabe

Rate this topic

Do you think a trade of Bryan Mccabe for Nick lidstrom is fair /good?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like McCabe alot -- he can do it all, but he gets hurt too often. Lidstrom had an off year in 03/04 but has been Norris material the last couple months and is healthy as a horse. No way I make that deal.

Lidstrom had an off year in 03-04....

But only by HIS standards...seeing as he still was much better than McCabe and just about every other player in the league.

Absolutely no way in hell. Not ever. Never.

Lidstrom owns McCabe defensively. The only reason McCabe puts up such huge numbers is cause hes their go to guy on the power play, he takes a ton of shots. If Lidstrom had that opportunity, he'd be racking up numbers too. He has good numbers anyway of course, he's on pace for 75 points.

Well said. Lidstrom INFINITELY brings more to a team than McCabe does.

McCabe has a nice offensive touch, but what has that done for Toronto? What kind of a leader is he? Where is his defensive game.

No way in hell should they even be considered on the same level.

Thats the only thing i dont like about most wings fans they get WAY to attached to the players on the team

Yes, how could we ever want the NHL's leading scorer amongst defensemen (tied with LA's Visnovsky and our good pal Bryan)? Or one of the smartest and most defensively sound players of all time? Surely the minutes he logs (you know, half a game on an off night) are nothing but a burden to this squad.

Chelios for McCabe. Toronto could use the defense. biggrin.gif

Thats the only thing i dont like about most wings fans they get WAY to attached to the players on the team

While in many cases I think you have a point, in this case, we are talking about Nick Lidstrom.

This isn't just sentimental attachment.

He's one of the best defenseman to ever play the game (three norris trophies and counting, and is a workhorse in terms of games played and minutes per game. Even though he's 35, he's still got a lot of games left in him.

There aren't that many players in the NHL that would be a good trade for Lids. And Mccabe certainly isn't one of them.

There is no way in HELL i would trade Lidstrom, and especially not for Bryan McCabe. I moved to Toronto from Traverse City Michigan about two years ago, and I see and hear a lot about Bryan McCabe. I wouldn't trade Lidstrom for McCabe. Not only is Nick about to get is 4th Norris Trophy in 5 years, but he's probably the best Defenseman in the league and certainly one of the best of all time, and lets not forget his Conn Smythe Trophy in 02, and the fact that he was the first European to do so. McCabe may be more important to the Leafs than Lidstrom is to the Red Wings, but that's just because the Leafs are a pitiful team and need to rebuild, and start by firing Pat Quin. Lidstrom, in my opinion, is the Quarter Back for the Red Wings, and trading him to the Leafs for McCabe would be like trading Pavel Datysuk for Sean Avery, or payton manning for Jay Feidler.

Absolutely no way in hell. Not ever. Never.

Lidstrom owns McCabe defensively. The only reason McCabe puts up such huge numbers is cause hes their go to guy on the power play, he takes a ton of shots. If Lidstrom had that opportunity, he'd be racking up numbers too. He has good numbers anyway of course, he's on pace for 75 points.

Enough said

Nicklas Lidstrom 66 GP, 69 pts, +13, leads all defensemen

Bryan McCabe 58 GP, 60 pts, -3

That's not even close.

Bryan McCabe 58 GP, 60 pts, -3

Mathieu Schneider, 65 GP, 54 pts, +27

That one is closer than Lidstrom/McCabe...but I don't know if it's as close as Lidstrom/Schneider is.

hahahahha!

I'd trade Schneider for McCabe, since they're essentially the same player. McCabe could only become Lids if he somehow had a successful brain transplant.

I wouldn't even do that. Although, it's not as ridiculous as the Z for Belfour rumor. crazy.gif