• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Bootland ok with PIM's

Rate this topic

While he certainly doesnt fill the McCarty void, at least he's better than nothing and adds a dimension the team lacks. Call him up!

Edited by Lou_Siffer

While he certainly doesnt fill the McCarty void, at least he's better than nothing and adds a dimension the team lacks. Call him up!

Bootland's feisty game will draw more cheers from the JLA crowd than all the other players combined. The Red Wings really should think about getting the audience into the game!

Bootland's feisty game will draw more cheers from the JLA crowd than all the other players combined. The Red Wings really should think about getting the audience into the game!

I agree, Detroit fans LOVE fights. Even when its a crap hugfest they still go nuts!

I agree, Detroit fans LOVE fights. Even when its a crap hugfest they still go nuts!

They're starved for action that's why. Point is JLA is a quiet place compared to many other arenas. Bootland would help get the audience into the game, not only by dropping the gloves but by hitting and stirring things up.

They're starved for action that's why. Point is JLA is a quiet place compared to many other arenas. Bootland would help get the audience into the game, not only by dropping the gloves but by hitting and stirring things up.

JLA is a library, they need guys like Bootland to step up and get the crowd going. Trust me, he'd be a fan favorite

EDIT* The guy had a 1goal and assits tonight, along with a fight with Brandon Sugden. That makes his season total 14 goals 21 assists and 233 PIM's, for GOD's sake, what the h-ll does this guy have to do to see some NHL action? dry.gif

Edited by Barnes52

send Mowers down and give Bootland a shot already Holland!!!!! Ugh. I feel for him and Leba, they work their butts off for this organization and Holland finds such ways to reward them.

We should call Bootland up right away.

I just realised today that Bootland was drafted by Avalanche in 2000. How did we acquire him and when?

Finlands going to win the olympics! tongue.gif

Bootland was signed as a free agent in July, 2002.

I think not! tongue.gif

Isn't that what The Chicken Dance and Mony Mony are for?

Well, I'm not happy with the PIMs. If he comes up to the Wings and earns them by fighting, OK, that way he takes the other guy with him. But he's got a whopping 271 in 61 games, which is an average of more than 2 minors per game. That needs to be cut down. Over a full 82-game season, that's more than 6 full games of penalty time. Not gonna cut it in the NHL.

I don't know how many of his penalties are for fighting, how many are the result of a scrappy game (such as roughing), and how many are for stupid crap like slashing or high-sticking. He can't afford any from the last category while wearing the red and white.

We should call Bootland up right away.

I just realised today that Bootland was drafted by Avalanche in 2000. How did we acquire him and when?

Finlands going to win the olympics! tongue.gif

Bootland was signed as a free agent in July, 2002.

I think not! tongue.gif

Thanks! thumbup.gif

Well I was wrong about the final. cool.gif

I don't know how many of his penalties are for fighting, how many are the result of a scrappy game (such as roughing), and how many are for stupid crap like slashing or high-sticking. He can't afford any from the last category while wearing the red and white.

I wonder if somebody could find that breakdown i'd be interesting to know.

I don't know how many of his penalties are for fighting, how many are the result of a scrappy game (such as roughing), and how many are for stupid crap like slashing or high-sticking.  He can't afford any from the last category while wearing the red and white.

I wonder if somebody could find that breakdown i'd be interesting to know.

Minors= 31

Misconducts= 5

Fighting Majors= 18

Roughing= 35 (other guy went with him to the box 33)

Thats all of Bootlands penalty minutes so far this year.

Edited by Hatcher#2

Thanks wow!

hmmm he needs to slow it down with the minors...I like what I see for the most part but too many minors. If he can control his game a little more...

JLA is a library, they need guys like Bootland to step up and get the crowd going. Trust me, he'd be a fan favorite

EDIT* The guy had a 1goal and assits tonight, along with a fight with Brandon Sugden. That makes his season total 14 goals 21 assists and 233 PIM's, for GOD's sake, what the h-ll does this guy have to do to see some NHL action? dry.gif

14 goals, 21 assists and 233 penalty minutes just doesnt cut it in todays NHL. Theres no room for someone with those stats. If your gonna be a guy whos a 10 and 20 guy than you better be killing penalties not taking them. I doubt he ever sees serious time in the NHL.

JLA is a library, they need guys like Bootland to step up and get the crowd going.  Trust me, he'd be a fan favorite

EDIT* The guy had a 1goal and assits tonight, along with a fight with Brandon Sugden.  That makes his season total 14 goals 21 assists and 233 PIM's, for GOD's sake, what the h-ll does this guy have to do to see some NHL action? dry.gif

14 goals, 21 assists and 233 penalty minutes just doesnt cut it in todays NHL. Theres no room for someone with those stats. If your gonna be a guy whos a 10 and 20 guy than you better be killing penalties not taking them. I doubt he ever sees serious time in the NHL.

Bootland has 24 goals along with 25 assists for 49 points plus he is on the top penalty kill unit and powerplay.

JLA is a library, they need guys like Bootland to step up and get the crowd going.  Trust me, he'd be a fan favorite

EDIT* The guy had a 1goal and assits tonight, along with a fight with Brandon Sugden.  That makes his season total 14 goals 21 assists and 233 PIM's, for GOD's sake, what the h-ll does this guy have to do to see some NHL action? dry.gif

Bootland has 24 goals along with 25 assists for 49 points plus he is on the top penalty kill unit and powerplay.

i havn't seen him play but from what ya'll have said he seems like a more aggressive, more physical maltby. Plus if he can translate those goals on an nhl level he actually might be an up grade over malts who's play hasn't impressed many this year.

i havn't seen him play but from what ya'll have said he seems like a more aggressive, more physical maltby. Plus if he can translate those goals on an nhl level he actually might be an up grade over malts who's play hasn't impressed many this year.

The main difference between Maltby and Bootland is that Maltby used to start s**t but wouldn't drop the gloves and he let others finish it (McCarty) where as Bootland starts s**t and finishes it himself plus he sticks up for team mates. Oh yeah and Bootland doesn't wear a visor. tongue.gif