• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 ProfessorLidstrom5

ProfessorLidstrom5

Nick's in eleventh heaven!!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:21 AM

Yeah I also think Booter has deserved a shot in D-town. But since Mowers is playing great the last couple of games i'm not sure he will get the chance barring injury

"He's smart, I tell ya. He's the same everyday. That's what puts him in a league separate from everyone else." - Mike Babcock on Nicklas Lidstrom

Sig created by TeeMan

#22 Dawgs

Dawgs

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ February 5, 2006 - 02:42AM)
JLA is a library, they need guys like Bootland to step up and get the crowd going. Trust me, he'd be a fan favorite

EDIT* The guy had a 1goal and assits tonight, along with a fight with Brandon Sugden. That makes his season total 14 goals 21 assists and 233 PIM's, for GOD's sake, what the h-ll does this guy have to do to see some NHL action? dry.gif

14 goals, 21 assists and 233 penalty minutes just doesnt cut it in todays NHL. Theres no room for someone with those stats. If your gonna be a guy whos a 10 and 20 guy than you better be killing penalties not taking them. I doubt he ever sees serious time in the NHL.

#23 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Dawgs @ March 23, 2006 - 01:39PM)
JLA is a library, they need guys like Bootland to step up and get the crowd going.  Trust me, he'd be a fan favorite

EDIT* The guy had a 1goal and assits tonight, along with a fight with Brandon Sugden.  That makes his season total 14 goals 21 assists and 233 PIM's, for GOD's sake, what the h-ll does this guy have to do to see some NHL action? dry.gif

14 goals, 21 assists and 233 penalty minutes just doesnt cut it in todays NHL. Theres no room for someone with those stats. If your gonna be a guy whos a 10 and 20 guy than you better be killing penalties not taking them. I doubt he ever sees serious time in the NHL.

Bootland has 24 goals along with 25 assists for 49 points plus he is on the top penalty kill unit and powerplay.
"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#24 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Hatcher#2 @ March 23, 2006 - 02:48PM)
JLA is a library, they need guys like Bootland to step up and get the crowd going.  Trust me, he'd be a fan favorite

EDIT* The guy had a 1goal and assits tonight, along with a fight with Brandon Sugden.  That makes his season total 14 goals 21 assists and 233 PIM's, for GOD's sake, what the h-ll does this guy have to do to see some NHL action? dry.gif

Bootland has 24 goals along with 25 assists for 49 points plus he is on the top penalty kill unit and powerplay.

i havn't seen him play but from what ya'll have said he seems like a more aggressive, more physical maltby. Plus if he can translate those goals on an nhl level he actually might be an up grade over malts who's play hasn't impressed many this year.

#25 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ March 23, 2006 - 02:55PM)
QUOTE (Hatcher#2 @ March 23, 2006 - 02:48PM)

i havn't seen him play but from what ya'll have said he seems like a more aggressive, more physical maltby. Plus if he can translate those goals on an nhl level he actually might be an up grade over malts who's play hasn't impressed many this year.

The main difference between Maltby and Bootland is that Maltby used to start s**t but wouldn't drop the gloves and he let others finish it (McCarty) where as Bootland starts s**t and finishes it himself plus he sticks up for team mates. Oh yeah and Bootland doesn't wear a visor. tongue.gif

#26 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Hatcher#2 @ March 23, 2006 - 04:13PM)

The main difference between Maltby and Bootland is that Maltby used to start s**t but wouldn't drop the gloves and he let others finish it (McCarty) where as Bootland starts s**t and finishes it himself plus he sticks up for team mates. Oh yeah and Bootland doesn't wear a visor. tongue.gif

man matlby sure has sucked hard this season... flat out horrible, Im sorry but tis true. Him and Draper have just fell of the radar, good thing Homer, Sammy, and Franzen are doing their jobs.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#27 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:50 AM

Draper has been fantastic this season defensivly, our best penalty killer and our best shutdown foward. He has 6 pts in his last 9 games.

Maltby hasn't done anything, but he's still just as good defensivly, he just isn't putting in those points that he usually does.

Homer and Samuelsson have been great, but they don't have the same job as Draper or Maltby.

I'd be surprised if Maltby got re-signed next season for over 1m, if at all.

Edited by Heaton, 24 March 2006 - 12:50 AM.

Moral victories are for losers.

#28 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:44 AM

Draper is hotting up just in time for the playoffs and i don't think that Maltby will be resigned at all unless he turns it up in the playoffs, he seems to have lost more than a step.

#29 bogeygolfer

bogeygolfer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ March 24, 2006 - 01:50AM)
I'd be surprised if Maltby got re-signed next season for over 1m, if at all.

little bit more than tie domi

#30 asmith18

asmith18

Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Hatcher#2 @ March 23, 2006 - 02:13PM)

The Wings need to call up Bootland, maybe next year. He couldn't replace McCarty, but he'd add grit to the team.

Also, why do we need to bash Maltby. Stop with the visor blows. Malts, Stevie, and Draper wear the visor for the same reasons, to protect their eyes. Come on now, think of a better insult. Now the the amount of pts is something you could get Malts on.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!

#31 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (asmith18 @ April 18, 2006 - 12:11PM)
The Wings need to call up Bootland, maybe next year. He couldn't replace McCarty, but he'd add grit to the team.

Also, why do we need to bash Maltby. Stop with the visor blows. Malts, Stevie, and Draper wear the visor for the same reasons, to protect their eyes. Come on now, think of a better insult. Now the the amount of pts is something you could get Malts on.

Im hoping Bootland is up next year. Maltby is one of my favourite Wings players and i wasn't bashing him for wearing a visor, i was just saying that Bootland doesn't wear one pointing out a difference between the two.