• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Osgoodsbiggestfan

Wings Possible Trades... Foreseen...

Rate this topic

Hey everyone... as you've prolly figured out, im new here, but I am a huge Red Wings fan... diehard you might say... but anyway, i was just thinking about some possible trades that could or should occur by the trade deadline this March for the Detroit Red Wings... here's what i have come up with, tell me what you think... by the way, read the whole thing!!!

First of all, everyone is saying we need more depth as far as Defense goes, seeing as Fischer is out for a while... I agree on this point and have found the perfect player ot take this spot. So here is my opinion:

To Detroit:

D- Wade Redden

- -possible future considerations

To Ottawa:

D- Jason Wooley

C- Mark Mowers

- - Possibly a 1st or 2nd round pick?

So that is the first one... I am a fan of Redden... his overall play is really good to me, and i think he could fit right into detroit and be a linemate with either Lidstrom or Schneider...

The next one is a little bit of a bigger one... There may be some flaming for it, but i believe this would be a good move for Detroit... Here it is:

To Detroit:

C- Patrice Bergeron

? - more to make a fiarer deal

To Boston:

C- Robert Lang

I am a big fan of Lang, but he is 35 years old, and with people like Yzerman, Chelios, Shanahan, and Schnieder retiring within the next 5 years, and possibly Lang too, then we are going to need more young depth in our lineup... I think Bergeron would fit in perfectly in Detroit, especially with the amount of skill this young gun has... Boston could even throw in Defense Nick Boynton... he's a pretty good D...

And finally, the last one of the day, for now, is concerning the Goaltending position... Again, there may be some of you who dont like this call, but i am going to make it anyway... Both legace and Osgood are good goaltenders in my eyes, and as you can see in my name, i am a huge fan of Osgood, but at this point i think Legace may have more trade value with how he has been playing, so i say...

To Detroit:

G- Roberto Luongo

To Florida:

G- Manny Legace

- - future considerations

Now i know this may cause another controversy with Osgood, like it did when they brought Hasek into town back in 2001/02, and i wouldnt want anything to happen to Osgood, but i do notice that we need a strong starting goalie, and Luongo needs a chance with a better team... I believe with the Red Wings in front of him, he would be able to fly...

So... these are my predictions for the trade deadline, or wut i would like to see happen... i think these changes would be good ones... leaving the lines something like this:

Forwards:

Shanahan/Datsyuk/Zetterberg

Williams/Bergeron/Samuelsson

Maltby/Draper/Holmstrom

Cleary/Yzerman/Franzen

Defense:

Lidstrom/Redden

Schneider/Kronwall

Lilja/Chelios (Yes, i dont like Chelios)

Goalies:

1/2. Roberto Luongo/Chris Osgood

3. MacDonald/Howard

So wut do you all think?? I think this looks like a good Roster... In 5-6 years, when some of our older guys start retiring, we are gunna need a younger base, i think with Zetty, Datsyuk, Bergeron, Williams, Kronwall, and even Redden, i think we'll be fine...

any comments appreciated... c ya'll

To Detroit:

D- Wade Redden

To Ottawa:

D- Jason Wooley

C- Mark Mowers

Why would Ottawa ever do this? A scrub d-man and a below average reserve for a young Norris caliber defenseman? No way.

To Detroit:

C- Patrice Bergeron

To Boston:

C- Robert Lang

Never would Boston do this. Bergeron is the future of their team now that Thornton is gone. Lang is 35.

Boston could even throw in Defense Nick Boynton... he's a pretty good D...

Ha, Boynton is no throw-in. Boston would be trading two of their best young players for a 35 year old center that has yet to prove he is that effective in the new NHL.

To Detroit:

G- Roberto Luongo

To Florida:

G- Manny Legace

Again, Florida would never do this. Legace is a good goalie at times but is a career backup as of yet. Luongo is a franchise goalie and is young like the other players mentioned. Maybe if the "future considerations" were Detroit's next 5 first round picks Florida would start to think about it.

I mean yeah theyre great trades for Detroit, but would never ever happen.

ya, i guess i sorta didnt think over the Boston trade as far as Boynton, but i mean Lang and a detroit young guy like Lebda or something i could see goin for Bergeron... boston does still have Samsonov among others, they dont need to rely on a young guy like bergeron to become their franchise player just yet... and adding Lang would give them age, too...

ya, i guess i sorta didnt think over the Boston trade as far as Boynton, but i mean Lang and a detroit young guy like Lebda or something i could see goin for Bergeron... boston does still have Samsonov among others, they dont need to rely on a young guy like bergeron to become their franchise player just yet... and adding Lang would give them age, too...

Yeah, but Boston loves Bergeron, and they have good reason to do so. He has loads of skill with a solid amount of grit, too. ARice is right, Patrice Bergeron is essentially their version of Henrik Zetterberg; he'll be a solid player on their top line for quite some time. Boston could use a center like Lang, but they wouldn't trade a stud like Bergeron for a guy with one year left on his contract. And as mentioned before, Lang's not getting any younger.

To Detroit:

D- Wade Redden

To Ottawa:

D- Jason Wooley

C- Mark Mowers

How about Henrik Zetterberg for Vaclav Varada and and Denis Hamel?

To Detroit:

C- Patrice Bergeron

To Boston:

C- Robert Lang

Why not Pavel Datsyuk for Glen Murray and a 3rd rounder?

To Detroit:

G- Roberto Luongo

To Florida:

G- Manny Legace

Lets just do McLennan and Gary Roberts for Legace and Williams instead!

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

To Detroit:

D- Wade Redden

To Ottawa:

D- Jason Wooley

C- Mark Mowers

Is this a joke?

To Detroit:

D- Wade Redden

To Ottawa:

D- Jason Wooley

C- Mark Mowers

Is this a joke?

Yes, I figured the multiple eye rolls would be enough to make it clear it was sarcasm. His trades are so ridiculously in our favor i spun them around to show the equivalent if we were to get screwed over the same way.

Guest Tombsy

If we dealt with the Bruins it would be something like this:

Robert Lang

Futures

for

Sergei Samsonov

Brad Isbister

I think that trade would be kind of broken too. The wings would get the better deal as far as talent goes, but it wouldn't mak much sense for us. We'd be giving up some of our size for Samsonov, who is another clone of like half the up and coming forwards in our system (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, etc.)

Here's my trade proposal:

Put Osgood on waivers. Then mock him for his terrible play in the minors until he decides to retire.

Send Williams/Lang to Washington for Witt and a 2nd rounder.

Call up McDonald

Call up Hudler

Call up Filpula

Call up Kopecky

Trade Draper and Maltby to Ottawa for Chara or Redden.

idea2.gif

Here's my trade proposal:

Send Williams/Lang to Washington for Witt and a 2nd rounder.

Trade Draper and Maltby to Ottawa for Chara or Redden.

idea.gif

Now why would Washington want Robert Lang back?? The only deal we will get for Lang is for a salary dump, i.e. Lang for another higher paid player who's not performing up to expectations. Dont you think a rebuilding club like Washington would prefer to get good young talent in return for Witt?

Ottawa's not trading Chara!

Sorry, I thought the eye rolls only applied to the last one =p

No problem! I like my Datsyuk for Murray and a 3rd rounder trade the best. Everyone always has us dumping an older guy like Lang and a draft pick for another teams young star.

Hey everyone... as you've prolly figured out, im new here, but I am a huge Red Wings fan... diehard you might say... but anyway, i was just thinking about some possible trades that could or should occur by the trade deadline this March for the Detroit Red Wings... here's what i have come up with, tell me what you think... by the way, read the whole thing!!!

First of all, everyone is saying we need more depth as far as Defense goes, seeing as Fischer is out for a while... I agree on this point and have found the perfect player ot take this spot. So here is my opinion:

To Detroit:

D- Wade Redden

To Ottawa:

D- Jason Wooley

C- Mark Mowers

So that is the first one... I am a fan of Redden... his overall play is really good to me, and i think he could fit right into detroit and be a linemate with either Lidstrom or Schneider...

The next one is a little bit of a bigger one... There may be some flaming for it, but i believe this would be a good move for Detroit... Here it is:

To Detroit:

C- Patrice Bergeron

To Boston:

C- Robert Lang

I am a big fan of Lang, but he is 35 years old, and with people like Yzerman, Chelios, Shanahan, and Schnieder retiring within the next 5 years, and possibly Lang too, then we are going to need more young depth in our lineup... I think Bergeron would fit in perfectly in Detroit, especially with the amount of skill this young gun has... Boston could even throw in Defense Nick Boynton... he's a pretty good D...

And finally, the last one of the day, for now, is concerning the Goaltending position... Again, there may be some of you who dont like this call, but i am going to make it anyway... Both legace and Osgood are good goaltenders in my eyes, and as you can see in my name, i am a huge fan of Osgood, but at this point i think Legace may have more trade value with how he has been playing, so i say...

To Detroit:

G- Roberto Luongo

To Florida:

G- Manny Legace

Now i know this may cause another controversy with Osgood, like it did when they brought Hasek into town back in 2001/02, and i wouldnt want anything to happen to Osgood, but i do notice that we need a strong starting goalie, and Luongo needs a chance with a better team... I believe with the Red Wings in front of him, he would be able to fly...

So... these are my predictions for the trade deadline, or wut i would like to see happen... i think these changes would be good ones... leaving the lines something like this:

Forwards:

Shanahan/Datsyuk/Zetterberg

Williams/Bergeron/Samuelsson

Maltby/Draper/Holmstrom

Cleary/Yzerman/Franzen

Defense:

Lidstrom/Redden

Schneider/Kronwall

Lilja/Chelios (Yes, i dont like Chelios)

Goalies:

1/2. Roberto Luongo/Chris Osgood

3. MacDonald/Howard

So wut do you all think?? I think this looks like a good Roster... In 5-6 years, when some of our older guys start retiring, we are gunna need a younger base, i think with Zetty, Datsyuk, Bergeron, Williams, Kronwall, and even Redden, i think we'll be fine...

any comments appreciated... c ya'll

rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

Why some of you guys think that when we need a defenceman or some player, other teams would be willing to make some silly trades.

I mean Luongo for Lecace + pick/future cons. it won't happen. Lang for Bergeron + ? ... Bergeron has much bigger value than Lang, not to mention his age.

I know some of you are saying that you are fans of this and this player but these trades are a dream. The truth is, the team that seriously want's some changes, they have to be ready to get less back than they give, because they desperately wanted the trade go through. Decreasing payroll is even worse situation.

What I want to say is, be more realistic about trades, these trades would be nice but ain't gonna happen. Life ain't that easy.

Edited by EstonianWingsFan#1

Terrible play my ass.

Osgood=Swiss Cheese. He could not stop a slow moving Beach Ball from the Blueline. He is the definition of LOUSY. Prove me wrong.

See previous post:

I would just put him on waivers. No team would possibly part with a whole bag of pucks for Mr. Swiss Cheese. Those who feel he was a big part of the 97-98 cup are just ding-bats. The defense carried him to the cup. Go ahead Osgood fans, have a field day with this one. I said to myself that if the Minnasota game goes like the Dallas 6-3 game, which it almost did, I would raise the money myself to buy out that bonehead's contract. Team first, Ozzy last. Put that idiot on waivers.

Be a fan of the Wings... not a goalie. He needs to go!!!

Terrible play my ass.

Osgood=Swiss Cheese. He could not stop a slow moving Beach Ball from the Blueline. He is the definition of LOUSY. Prove me wrong.

See previous post:

Thanks for the laugh. rolleyes.gif

Terrible play my ass.

See previous post:

Yes, the defense carried him to the Cup...but Mike Vernon and Dominik Hasek were HUUUUUGE parts of the victories.

Even though Hasek had the top two defensemen in the NHL, and Vernon had two of the top five.

Osgood, meanwhile, had a team that replaced the league's best defenseman with a ROOKIE.

But, oh, it was OSGOOD who was carried by the defense?