• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 twins1729

twins1729

Slash Queens

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

I'm being serious. Is it normal to think about suicide often???

#2 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

Thinking about committing suicide?

No.. it's definitely not normal.
I'm sooo gaga for Lidstrom Rules!
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase

Red Wing season tickets AND the new Justin CD in the same day??!!???
Yes Brianne, there IS a Santa Claus!

#3 twins1729

twins1729

Slash Queens

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ February 3, 2006 - 04:58PM)

Ok, then I'll talk to someone.

#4 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

I would have to say that shouldn't be a thought in a "normal" mind... Seriously comptemplating suicide should bring up a red flag that the individual is in need of some sort of help. Things come up where people may, "it would be so much easier if I was dead" but there is a big difference between empty words and serious contemplation.

Could be an inoccent attempt at getting attention or it very well could be a serious cry for help. Error on the side of saving someones life.... Assume it is a desperate cry for help!

Edited by OsGOD, 03 February 2006 - 04:03 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#5 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (redwinggirlz @ February 3, 2006 - 06:00PM)

I think you should. It's the only way to get help.
I'm sooo gaga for Lidstrom Rules!
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase

Red Wing season tickets AND the new Justin CD in the same day??!!???
Yes Brianne, there IS a Santa Claus!

#6 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

No, not normal at all.

Definitely talk to a friend, teacher, someone..
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#7 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

Suicide is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

#8 FUUFNF

FUUFNF

Let's Go Red Wings!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (redwinggirlz @ February 3, 2006 - 02:00PM)

i certainly hope that you do. a disinterested party (therapist, counselor, etc.) would be ideal, but your parents or your sister at the very least.

good luck with that, and i hope everything works out for you.

#9 kirby23

kirby23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:41 PM

Depends on the context I guess. I use it as comedy but ive never seriously thought about it. As a matter of fact I believe that anyone that does it is complelety weak and taking the easy way out. thumbdown.gif

You make think your life is horrible but in the end its not just "Your" life. Its effects a hell of a lot more people then just yourself.

#10 StaticWithABeat

StaticWithABeat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (kirby23 @ February 3, 2006 - 05:41PM)
Depends on the context I guess. I use it as comedy but ive never seriously thought about it. As a matter of fact I believe that anyone that does it is complelety weak and taking the easy way out. thumbdown.gif

You make think your life is horrible but in the end its not just "Your" life. Its effects a hell of a lot more people then just yourself.

I agree with you, Kirby. EVERYONE goes through rough times, and suicide to me is frankly pathetic and selfish. To me it is like saying "I'm too weak to handle life, and I'm willing to put my family and loved ones through tremendous grief and pain by killing myself so I don't have to deal with it anymore."

My Dad was murdered when I was 7 years old. If anyone knows about going through hard times, it's me. All pain is temporary. Better times lie ahead, so don't despair.

#11 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (redwinggirlz @ February 3, 2006 - 04:54PM)

I'd be lying if i said i never thought about it, but i know its something i would never actually do. If things did ever get to a serious point, I'd just pack my s**t up and bolt off somewhere. Try to start completely over and leave everything behind. Its an insane alternative, having no plans of how or where you'll live, but anything is better than being dead!
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#12 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:20 PM

Often? No. If you have seriously considered it, and especially if you've considered it more than once, you need to talk to someone. It doesn't matter who it is. Just anyone you trust.

No matter how bad life may seem, and no matter how much you might think no one cares if you exist, its not true. No one wants to see you dead. You'll be hurting a lot more people. Your parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, teachers, and anyone else who knows you and cares about you.

Seriously, talk to someone. Suicide is never the solution to anything.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#13 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

Shoot me a PM if you need to talk... I often talk or listen to people who are going through hard times... I work at a funeral home and talk to many family members who have lost a loved one and are having trouble coping.

Thinking about suicide is not a healthy thought and typically means you need to be put on a anti-depressant as those thoughts point towards depression.

Hang in there and this is a greta core of people to be around if you need anything.

~Rob
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#14 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

call 1 800 SUICIDE if your thinking about it.

and just to point out, most people who try to commit suicide but survive are grateful the second chance at life.

hange in there.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#15 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:42 PM

If you ever need to talk you can PM me...sometimes it just helps to talk

Posted Image

#16 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

Normal vs abnormal: that is all words games(semantics) in trying to associate the societal norm and what is generally excepted. The important focus is what the individual views as a situation that has no other positive outcome; trapped in a corner. There is always another measure to take, there are free resources, or a third party that the person would feel safe enough to talk to without feeling endangered. We are all "wired" differently and thats what makes us special; otherwise this board would be pointless. Everyone feels trapped at one time or another and that to let go would be so easy than to deal with the pain; but there are other means to handle a situation. These means may not seem apparent at the time of crisis but take a deep breath, think about whats going on and reach out. There's a lot more available than you realize. I speak from experience of losing many people in my life (murder,suicide, drug addiction, cancer) so I'm not blowing smoke. Man it looks black sometimes but there is always a way out and up. You asked: there was a reason: reach out and someone will be there.
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#17 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

I would recommend seeking help if you think about it often. It can be hard to get thru the sh*t times without someone to talk to. There's no shame in that.
ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:53 PM

This is ultimately your final choice, but hopefully this advice will help. I apologize for the longevity of this post.

Since about the beginning of December, I've been having an extremely difficult time dealing with things revolving around my life. I won't bore y'all with the reasons why as it doesn't contribute to the point I'm trying to make, feel free to PM me if you want to know the details.

During the time I've felt stressed/anxious, angry, or depressed more often than not. I haven't been myself and outside of work, I've found little to motivate me to do much. I've never really felt what I've been feeling lately for this long of a period of time, as what I'm coping with right now is probably the hardest thing I've had to do in life so far.

There's two solutions, or three, if you include this topic.

The first would be to not confront my problems and just stay miserable for the most part. Doesn't seem like a healthy alternative.

The second solution could be just to end it all by ending life. I've never seriously considered this at all, it just isn't worth it. It's an even worse option than the first. If you do this, you forefit your chances to potentially experience new and exciting things years and years down the road. And, it makes me feel uneasy to have friends and family suffer long-term mental effects just because I feel like I'm suffering as well.

It's taken me a couple of weeks, but I'm finally starting to realize the only way to get over my difficulties is to take initiative and confront them, the third option, and to realize that despite things being rough right now for me mentally, it could be a helluva lot worse. I have a family that loves me, people that care about me, a decent roof over my head, and a job (despite not the greatest pay) that I can support myself until I figure out some more direction in time. I'll assume that you have family and friends that care for you as well. That's a start.

Will I be able to fix my problems and my feelings of late overnight? Definitely not. I'm not a quitter though. It might be a long, hard grind and there will still probably be growing pains, but if I can get a handle on things now or sometime in the near future that'll make me happier 10 or 20 years down the road, the payoff of going through problems and pains to get there would be so much worth it, much more worth it than continuing to mope around and doing nothing or just ending life prematurely.

Take initiative yourself and do something about the problem if you want to be happier. wink.gif

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 03 February 2006 - 09:02 PM.

#19 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, like a few on here have offered. If you need someone to talk to. I'm here. We'll all listen, and try and help as best we can.

Recently, a friend of my brother's commited suicide, and it has been the hardest thing anyone has had to dealt with. His family members, classmates, teachers.etc..are in SO much pain. It's absolutely awful. There are solutions for everything, and commiting suicide is most definitely not one of them. Please talk to someone, and soon. And we are all here..just send us pm's or what not. I'm sure some of us can help.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#20 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

You know what? Listen here...

Upon reading some of the outrageous reply posts you have received in here blink.gif , I just want to get one thing straight.

Talk to a professional, talk to family friends and loved ones.... Surround yourself with people that care about you and will get you through these tough times.

There are several people who have posted that you can PM them if you want to discuss anything, DO take advantage of this.

The main idea to get out of this is to defintely talk out your problems with somebody close to you... You don't really want to go through this alone, NOR do you have to go through it alone.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users