36 replies to this topic

#21 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

I found out late last night that a friend of the family committed suicide. My aunt was the one who found him. Everyone is in shock and no one knows why. He had a lot of things going for him. If you're having thoughts please please speak to someone.
I'm sooo gaga for Lidstrom Rules!
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase

Red Wing season tickets AND the new Justin CD in the same day??!!???
Yes Brianne, there IS a Santa Claus!

#22 whitneydatsyukrox

whitneydatsyukrox

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

Yes, definitely go get help and talk to someone. One way that I find can brighten up my day is by noticing little blessings. When you wake up in the morning, instead of the typical "ohhh I don't want to go to work/school/etc. I'm too tired to face the day" mentality, try the "wow I'm lucky enough to witness another day." And with that day, you can make it as good or bad as you want.

When I think that I'm having a bad day, I look at my sister and think of other children that are currently doing anything in their power to survive, and can smile no matter how sick that they are. That's what inspires me - live for these children that weren't given the chance. But find things that inspire YOU and give you a will to live. Now of course my method probably doesn't work for anyone but me, but it's worth a try. Instead of focusing on the negatives of life, focus on the good around you that can sometimes be hidden. In a little preteen novel (cheesy, but good) that I just read, a character said, "instead of agonizing about the things you can't change, why don't you try working on the things you CAN change?" Along with that, of course get professional help. If you're still in school, see a guidance counsellor. I'm sure that your problems will eventually get worked out and good luck seeking help.
Canadian WINGS fan

"Boyd Devereaux is like a *** on a man. The coaches should take his stick away and say "Just go out there and confuse 'em."- Scott Lucidi, March 2004
Classic.

#23 CelticWing34

CelticWing34

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

I've thought about commiting suicide before, but never seriously. My advise to you, agreeing with everyone else who've posted, would be to get counseling or something to make you feel better. If you ever want to talk to me, just PM or IM me, even ask for my phone number if you want to hear a friendly voice.
B! E! L! L! I! S! S! I! M! O! What does that spell? Bellissimo! And what does it mean? Sooo beautiful!

user posted image

#24 olebdub

olebdub

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:27 AM

I think its great that so many of you have reached out to this person in an effort to help. I sure hope redwinggirlz finds help.

Not many know this and since I'm kinda annonymous (sp?) here I'll share my story and make it brief....

About 15 years ago, I was a total wreck. I was nearly bankrupt and my finacee- my high school sweetheart- had left me. I was jobless and very close to being homeless. I had just dropped out of college and my future seemed very dim. I bought some pills and I was going to end it all. I took 'em and the only thing that happened was that I just got very sick and threw up. I couldn't even get suicide right. That made it even worse. All this time, I had family and friends who loved me, but I didn't want to bother them with my troubles. I thought that by asking them for help, I would surely look like some low life scum bag. I even thought about comitting a few crimes to get thrown in jail. At least then, I'd have a place to stay.

Well, my life began to change when an uncle of mine passed away. He was an alcoholic throughout his life but he was a great guy. I had been to funerals before, but this one really got to me. The family was all together mourning our loss. Aunts, unles, cousins, parents, brothers and sisters- they were all crying over this man. I kinda put myself aside for a few minutes and realized that I COULD NOT DO THIS TO MY FAMILY. I realized that my suicidal thoughts were selfish.

Today, I am a happily married man with a child due to be born in April. My financial status is improving, but I do own a small home and I've been working at the same job for over 9 years. I'm 33 years old and I've had a lot of failures in my life. But my life isn't half over yet and I have a lot of successes to come. I have a family, a wife, two cats, and many friends that love me. I have also gone back to religion recently and that makes me feel even better because I know that God loves me too.

I guess I just wanted to say that it does get better. Please find help. E-mail me or anyone else here. There is so much to live for. I never thought there was so much to live for 15 years ago, but there is. God Bless! :-)

#25 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (olebdub @ February 5, 2006 - 08:27AM)
I think its great that so many of you have reached out to this person in an effort to help. I sure hope redwinggirlz finds help.

Not many know this and since I'm kinda annonymous (sp?) here I'll share my story and make it brief....

About 15 years ago, I was a total wreck. I was nearly bankrupt and my finacee- my high school sweetheart- had left me. I was jobless and very close to being homeless. I had just dropped out of college and my future seemed very dim. I bought some pills and I was going to end it all. I took 'em and the only thing that happened was that I just got very sick and threw up. I couldn't even get suicide right. That made it even worse. All this time, I had family and friends who loved me, but I didn't want to bother them with my troubles. I thought that by asking them for help, I would surely look like some low life scum bag. I even thought about comitting a few crimes to get thrown in jail. At least then, I'd have a place to stay.

Well, my life began to change when an uncle of mine passed away. He was an alcoholic throughout his life but he was a great guy. I had been to funerals before, but this one really got to me. The family was all together mourning our loss. Aunts, unles, cousins, parents, brothers and sisters- they were all crying over this man. I kinda put myself aside for a few minutes and realized that I COULD NOT DO THIS TO MY FAMILY. I realized that my suicidal thoughts were selfish.

Today, I am a happily married man with a child due to be born in April. My financial status is improving, but I do own a small home and I've been working at the same job for over 9 years. I'm 33 years old and I've had a lot of failures in my life. But my life isn't half over yet and I have a lot of successes to come. I have a family, a wife, two cats, and many friends that love me. I have also gone back to religion recently and that makes me feel even better because I know that God loves me too.

I guess I just wanted to say that it does get better. Please find help. E-mail me or anyone else here. There is so much to live for. I never thought there was so much to live for 15 years ago, but there is. God Bless! :-)

Wow. Thanks for sharing this story with us. It's great to know that everything is good for you now! smile.gif

That's just how life is. Everyone has their horrible times where they hit rock bottom..it happens to the best of us. In the end we just gotta be positive, and move along.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#26 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:28 PM

Well, I know many people have offered but if you need a friend or someone to talk to , redwingsgirlz, Im always around on here.

There are many people on here that are good friends and are easy to talk to. I know that when i have had small problems its been great to have a sort of support system on here. thats a good thing about this board. smile.gif

#27 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:27 AM

Hey RedWingGirlz,

I just saw this thread for the first time, and read everyone's reply. I don't know if this will help, but let me offer up my thoughts on the issue.

First and foremost, everyone at some point in their lives thinks about suicide. However, most people dont think about committing suicide. There a big difference between the two. I know I'm like the 20th person to offer themselves as someone to talk to if you need help, but I have no problem just listening if you need someone to speak with. Now, I know a lot of people on this site have never actually talked face to face to each other, but the fact that 20 people before me have offered to listen to you already should tell you something. Your life is important, and there are people just on this website who care about your well-being. I would think that your everyday friends and family care even more, but if this many people are this concerned about you already, imagine what the ones that are close to you would think if you talked to them about this issue.

My brothers friend suffered from depression and just committed suicide 3 months ago. It was extremely hard for his family. They all are really struggling to move past it. His only sister has some similar problems, and since her brother has passed, she has dropped out of school, quit her job, and now lives with her parents. She has lost all sight of any positives in this world.

I think you see that everyone on this site doesn't want you to have to feel that way, and more importantly, you don't deserve to feel that way. If you are truly thinking about committing suicide please PM me, and/or seek help from a professional. There are people who care, and can help you through your difficult time.

Take care,
NFM #25

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 06 February 2006 - 11:28 AM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#28 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

Is concerns me she has never responded back to this thread. sad.gif
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#29 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:08 AM

ya it is a scarey thought. I hope shes ok.. sad.gif Lets hope things worked out.

#30 ontariowingsfan

ontariowingsfan

season tickets!!!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ February 6, 2006 - 01:02PM)
Is concerns me she has never responded back to this thread. sad.gif

She PM'd me on Saturday
I'm sooo gaga for Lidstrom Rules!
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase

Red Wing season tickets AND the new Justin CD in the same day??!!???
Yes Brianne, there IS a Santa Claus!

#31 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:12 AM

thats good news( the PM). lets hope we see her soon.

#32 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ February 6, 2006 - 12:10PM)
She PM'd me on Saturday

Hope everything is ok.... I know a female would feel more comfortable talking to another female with certain issues...

Hope all is getting worked out and she is getting the help she needs. thumbup.gif
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#33 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (ontariowingsfan @ February 6, 2006 - 12:10PM)
She PM'd me on Saturday

That's good to hear. I hope she's doing all right.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#34 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

I hope you've found someone to talk to, and like others have offered, PM me if you feel the need.

A number of my friends have been suicidal throughout the years, and unfortunately, some of them still are. Being depressed and being suicidal is not something that will go away quickly or easily. It requires a total change in mindset and the way you view the world, which takes a lot of time to build. Good luck and stay strong.
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#35 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

There are people on here that care about what happens. Keep that in mind ok? Let us know how you are.

#36 Wingsfan25161929

Wingsfan25161929

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hey I just saw this thread and I want you to know that I too am here for you if you need anything just PM me…I have dealt with and am dealing with similar things right now. My grandfather died four years ago and I had the hardest time with it. I often thought that dying would be the best option, however I just prayed that something would happen. Luckily I found those people to speak to and they helped me get through it. It took me 3 ½ years to make it through to the point where I was ok. This past November my aunt was diagnosed with Breast cancer. She fought hard for two months and passed away on Christmas Day. All the feelings and thoughts have come back and I’ve been trying to make it through. Unfortunately the people who helped me the most the first time are no longer in my life, but I’m starting to find those who can help me now. If you ever need anything just let me know…I’m always here for you, from one girl to another, trust me, keep on living it’s going to straighten out eventually. Find something that you enjoy that helps you deal with the pain and do that thing often. It really helps, even if it’s just watching the wings. Again, I’m here if you need me. Hang in there.
IPB Image

#37 HockeytownRN

HockeytownRN

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

Redwinggirlz.......how are you doing??
It is one thing to feel down and "think" of committing suicide, but another to verbally say it to someone. I don't know how your relationship is with your parents, but PLEASE talk to someone who is an adult about this. In all of my years of nursing, the one thing drilled into my head is to NEVER ignore someone who mentions suicide. I am worried about you and hope you are ok. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk ok??
Tammi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users