• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfan27

trade proposal

Rate this topic

jiri hudler and a 2nd rounder for brendan witt provided he signs an extension

im sure witt's value will go up so we'll have to throw in more then just the 2nd pick or hudler

i was really liking the possibility of hudler playing here and producing but we need help on defense and we got grigorenko and filppula coming up and hopefully staying in detroit

anyways any thoughts on gettin witt?

I would definitely trade Hudler for Witt.

But is a defenseman our biggest need right now?

Come April defense will not be our concern. It will be scoring goals in tight games where digging in the corners and fighting off checks is key to winning games, just like every year.

A big winger who can put the puck in the net is far more valuable than another d man IMO.

Most predict witt will go for a 2nd, 3rd, OR a prospect.

Still... I'd pay Hudler, our 1st, and our 2nd for Witt and their 1st.

Oh yeah...the Caps are really gonna give up their first rd draft pick, you do follow the standings right? rolleyes.gif

Hudler may have a bright future in the NHL. Might not.

The only reason I'd trade him is we have too many Hudler types of prospects and current players already. Small, skilled snipers who don't pound opposing D men in the corners dominate this team.

Why hang onto another one if he can bring something of value and a needed dimension to this team?

Hudler may have a bright future in the NHL. Might not.

The only reason I'd trade him is we have too many Hudler types of prospects and current players already. Small, skilled snipers who don't pound opposing D men in the corners dominate this team.

Why hang onto another one if he can bring something of value and a needed dimension to this team?

It's not about trading Hudler, it's about who you're trading Hudler for.

Alright I've got a trade for you all to think about, Blues are having a firesale. Inter-divison or not we can make a deal happen with em. I know it looks lopsided but it actually helps the Blues who could serouisly use Hudler (almost NHL ready) and Blatak (year maybe 2 away). It also additonally helps them load up on picks for this year. I know we'd be without a 1st yet again. But hey I think i'd be worth it. Alright so heres how I see it.

To Blues:

Hudler - C

Miroslav Blatak - D

1st rounder in 06

3rd rounder in 06 or 2nd in 07

To Wings:

Orszagh - LW/RW

Scott Jackson - D

David Backes - C

Alright I've got a trade for you all to think about, Blues are having a firesale. Inter-divison or not we can make a deal happen with em. I know it looks lopsided but it actually helps the Blues who could serouisly use Hudler (almost NHL ready) and Blatak (year maybe 2 away). It also additonally helps them load up on picks for this year. I know we'd be without a 1st yet again. But hey I think i'd be worth it. Alright so heres how I see it.

To Blues:

Hudler - C

Miroslav Blatak - D

1st rounder in 06

To Wings:

Orszagh - LW/RW

Scott Jackson - D

David Backes - C

Wow. This trade is beyond unbalanced.

A. This trade doesn't help us in any way for this season.

B. This trade doesn't help us in any way for the future.

Hudler alone would fetch at least two of those guys. Orszagh is a checking line player the Blues picked up off the waiver wire. He is not the missing piece for our playoff run. The other two are big bodies, but unspectacular big bodies. Not to mention they are no closer to panning out than the 1st!! and 2nd/3rd picks you want ship out or Blatak.

This thing is about as bad as the homer trades in the other thread, just in reverse.

peace

To Blues:

Hudler - C

Miroslav Blatak - D

1st rounder in 06

To Wings:

Orszagh - LW/RW

Scott Jackson - D

David Backes - C

Wow. This trade is beyond unbalanced.

A. This trade doesn't help us in any way for this season.

B. This trade doesn't help us in any way for the future.

Hudler alone would fetch at least two of those guys. Orszagh is a checking line player the Blues picked up off the waiver wire. He is not the missing piece for our playoff run. The other two are big bodies, but unspectacular big bodies. Not to mention they are no closer to panning out than the 1st!! and 2nd/3rd picks you want ship out or Blatak.

This thing is about as bad as the homer trades in the other thread, just in reverse.

peace

you need to do some research bub. then you can open your mouth.

you need to do some research bub. then you can open your mouth.

No, I'm not intimately familiar with the scrubs/prospects you have lined up, but you follow a fairly regular MO. Underrate our skill and overrate other teams' size.

I am, however, familliar with Orszagh. He is a decently good checking line player... that the Blues acquired via waivers after the Predators unceremoniously let him go because of an injury. If he were in anyway the "missing piece" the Preds wouldn't have let him go in the first place, and for nothing. On a team where he'd get 2nd line time (not on Detroit) he's a decent 15/30 type guy that is sound defensively. Not what we need. Same goes for the freshly drafted defenseman in the Dub and a Junior first liner in the NCAA. How do these two help us this season and why would the Blues, a rebuilding team, even contemplate giving up these 'highly touted' prospects?

Now that we've boiled down the acquisitions to a checking line grinder and two big bodies at least 2-3 years away from the big show (if they even make it pro), lets see what we give up.

For that package you'd want to toss away the 3rd leading scorer in the top developmental league, a defenseman putting up decent numbers in the 2nd or 3rd best pro league in the world, a 1st round pick, and a 2nd/3rd rounder. Holy overpayment, Batman!

I stand by the statement that Hudler alone could land at least two of them. As could Blatak and a 2nd/3rd. As could the 1st.

peace bub

Witt could be had for our 2nd rounder flat out.

Nope. If we were the only team interested in him maybe that would be the case. But im sure there's teams with worse records than us interested, so their 2nd round offers would carry more value. Thats why we'd have to put up someone like Hudler to sway the Caps our way.

Nope. If we were the only team interested in him maybe that would be the case. But im sure there's teams with worse records than us interested, so their 2nd round offers would carry more value. Thats why we'd have to put up someone like Hudler to sway the Caps our way.

Which is exactly why Witt is not the guy we need.

I'm not sure why the entire forums wants to trade away 1st/2nd picks and prospects for a guy who doesn't even crack our top 5.

Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Lilja > Witt.

You want a physical 6th defender? Find someone with a reasonable price.

Which is exactly why Witt is not the guy we need.

I'm not sure why the entire forums wants to trade away 1st/2nd picks and prospects for a guy who doesn't even crack our top 5.

Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Lilja > Witt.

You want a physical 6th defender? Find someone with a reasonable price.

Lilja is NOT BETTER than Witt! Come on now! Dont forget a couple of those guys are pretty damn old, and when will that start to show? Later in the year of course.

Yes, yes he is. Lilja has been a fantastic partner for Lidstrom this year.

Witt is a 5th/6th defenseman.

So thats your reasoning? Lets not forget that Lilja was a -8 last season and only had 7 pts. Who's to say Witt wouldnt excel being on Detroit?? I hate when people make comparisons when the two players situations are completely different. Witt is better than Lilja...thats just common hockey knowledge.

Witt could be had for our 2nd rounder flat out.

If Witt makes more than 800,000 then we are out of luck. But I think we have one of the best defensive core in the league. If not the best. If the game is called in the playoffs as it has been all year, A goon is just gonna hurt us. Not saying Witt is a goon. I think what we need is Mac back. ( or someone like ) And teach that big sissy Lilja how to check.

So thats your reasoning? Lets not forget that Lilja was a -8 last season and only had 7 pts. Who's to say Witt wouldnt excel being on Detroit?? I hate when people make comparisons when the two players situations are completely different. Witt is better than Lilja...thats just common hockey knowledge.

Witt is most certainly not better than Lilja, but thanks for that lesson in "common hockey knowledge". I'm guessing you've never seen the guy play?

Witt can't play defense to save his life. He's a little better than Woolley in his own end. He doesn't possess ANY offensive assets and his "big physical game" that everyone seems to talk about is on par with Schneider's physical game.

Witt is NOT what this team needs and the ONLY reason people mention his name is because he's available.

I'll agree that Witt is better than Woolley and would fit nicely as a 6th defenseman, but to trade away all the assets you guys expect Washington will demand? C'mon now. That's the stupidest thing I've read on this board.

Witt won't be coming to Detroit because Witt sucks and is not what we need.

Edited by gobias

Witt is most certainly not better than Lilja, but thanks for that lesson in "common hockey knowledge". I'm guessing you've never seen the guy play?

Witt can't play defense to save his life. He's a little better than Woolley in his own end. He doesn't possess ANY offensive assets and his "big physical game" that everyone seems to talk about is on par with Schneider's physical game.

Witt is NOT what this team needs and the ONLY reason people mention his name is because he's available.

I'll agree that Witt is better than Woolley and would fit nicely as a 6th defenseman, but to trade away all the assets you guys expect Washington will demand? C'mon now. That's the stupidest thing I've read on this board.

Witt won't be coming to Detroit because Witt sucks and is not what we need.

Funny...Lilja scores his first goal and gets an assist and now everyone worships at the altar of Andreas Lilja rolleyes.gif Witt is better than Lilja, Witt is stuck on the worst team in the NHL in terms of goals against. Lilja would be a 5th/6th D-man in Washington. Face it, Lilja has been carried for most of the season by Lidstrom, imagine Witt with Lidstrom? He'd look better and be more physical. Lilja should not be any more than a 5th or 6th d-man

Edited by Barnes52

Funny...Lilja scores his first goal and gets an assist and now everyone worships at the altar of Andreas Lilja rolleyes.gif

Show me where this is the reason why people are praising Lilja, and of course Witt is better than Lilja, but he's not a superstar or anything, I wouldn't even call Witt "very good" he does a good job, and he's something the Wings could use but nothing more than that.

Edited by Heaton

Witt makes $1.7-$1.8 mil. We do need a physical, intimidating D-man on the back end. Nobody right now is intimidating, kronwall is willing to punish but he doesn't scare anyone. In the playoffs, teams like Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton and Nashville will be able to go into high traffic areas and we don't really have anyone who can make them think twice about doin that. If Fischer was back and well, maybe we didn't need one, but you gotta have that void filled if winning the cup is your goal.

Witt is a 5th/6th defenseman and you want to give up one of our brightest forward prospects AND a pick for him?

Leopold is another story though, he might be interesting.

witt is a 5th , 6th defensemen?? lol maybe on our team cause we got lidstrom/kronwall/chelios/schneider but on any other team hed be a top defensemen

plus dont forget chelios is getting older and will retire soon so having witt play more minutes now and keeping chelios fresher in the playoffs would be beneficial

i just dont understand how youd have a problem witht he trade proposal for witt and yet find the same deal for leopold more interesting , witt is way better then leopold , hes not talked about cause well , lets face washington sucks lol

id welcome witt in a heartbeat