• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

theedger

great game lastnight 2/4/06

Rate this topic

What a game last night people, we blew them out of the arena. We were setting in section 128 for the very first time. I liked it very much. Many of the people in this section were sure hackling the players of the crunch a lot, especially the goalie of course. Heck, even I got in to the fun of it, because you all know how quite and shy I am… biggrin.gif One thing that concerned me about this blow out is how it made Howard look like he did a great job. Yes, he did have some good saves; we got a good look at some sitting in section 128. I, HH and many people still wish they would send Howard down and bring Drew back. Heck, after the first goal the Crunch scored, I started to chant, “We want Joey�. A few people behind me started to chant it with me. HH and I are going to see a Red Wings game this Wednesday, I’m trying to get her to make a sign saying something like “BabCOCK, Please O Please take Howard and bring back our Drew back to the Griff’s� least something like that, but she so far told me NO sad.gif . At one point of the game, I joke ling said, are we that good or are they that bad. Well after looking at the standings this morning and thinking back of good we have been playing, I came to the conclusion that the GRIFFS ARE THAT DANG GOOD!!!!!!!!

user posted image

many people still wish they would send Howard down and bring Drew back.

There is no way MacIntyre is coming back barring injury. Face it. The AHL is a developmental league and Howard is a top goalie prospect for the Red Wings. He's going to play whether you like it or not. And give him a break. It's his first year in the league. It's going to take time for him to get adjusted.

Besides, it's not like Howard is getting all the starts. Last time I checked, MacDonald has still played more games and his stats aren't as good as Howard's.

Icer

First of all, I’m no hockey expert. I just see what I see, you can quote all the stats you want. HH and I have been to all but 3 or 4 home games. The simple fact is that when MacDonald is in the net we have a better chance, more than better, to win the game. Yes Howard is young we all know that. In addition, I have nothing against the person. Could he be the future goalie of Detroit, most likely? Nevertheless, there is many people worried that if we or I should say when we, make our run in the playoffs and Howard does not improve, he could be our downfall. Many fans rather see the combination of Drew and Joey. We all say let him spend the rest of the year down in Toledo. Now if he improves, then bring him back up to the griffs and let him finish improving as you say next year.

Nevertheless, there is many people worried that if we or I should say when we, make our run in the playoffs and Howard does not improve, he could be our downfall. Many fans rather see the combination of Drew and Joey.

When the Griffins make the playoffs, Joey is definitely the starter regardless of what other goalies are on the roster. He's the current starter and he's got the playoff experience. The backup goalie probably won't see anything but mopup duties in blowout games.

I am interested to find out why you think Drew is such an upgrade over Howard as the backup during a playoff run? Neither one has ANY playoff experience in the AHL. In fact, you have to give Howard the big edge when it comes to experience plaing big games considering his experience in the NCAA Tournament and Hockey East Championships.