• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Trainwatcher

Witt to Preds?

Rate this topic

http:Witt - Details hard to come by 02/10/2006 @ 12:46 PM

Still working on details on the Witt to Nashville deal... no info available on who or what the Preds are giving up... previously Preds GM David Poile has said that another deal would be a little more "painful" then the Sillinger acquisition... ... close

[ post comment ] [ comments 0 ]

Rumor - Blueline Help coming?? 02/10/2006 @ 11:50 AM

Hearing rumblings from several sources that the Predators are working to acquire Capitals d-man Brendon Witt... stay tuned...

I've been pushing for Witt even before Fischer went down. But you're probably right Heaton, I imagine they overpaid. Washington is going to want a good deal for a leader like Brendan.

Would you trade Hudler or Williams for Witt and a pick? The Wings have some assets to throw around

Would you trade Hudler or Williams for Witt and a pick? The Wings have some assets to throw around

I am one of few who holds Jason Williams in high regard. When he's not playing the point on the PP, he's not a problem, and the price is certainly right. And sadly, he's quite easily the most physical player in out top six (when he is in the top six that is). I have, however, always advocated the trading of Hudler. The guy has skills for sure, but what can he really bring to this team in the future that we don't already have?

Anyways, I think Witt might be a little too high profile for Ken Holland right now. He stated in an interview a little while ago here in Canada that he was probably going to go after a seventh defenceman. I think he said something like "you can never have enough defencemen".

I would hold on to Hudler. Jason Williams is about as effective as Maltby... not much. Hudler has first-line forward talent, and if the right boot fits up his ass, he will really turn heads when he gets going. Williams doesn't deserve any more than checking line minutes. I'd trade Williams just for a bag of pucks.

I would hold on to Hudler. Jason Williams is about as effective as Maltby... not much. Hudler has first-line forward talent, and if the right boot fits up his ass, he will really turn heads when he gets going. Williams doesn't deserve any more than checking line minutes. I'd trade Williams just for a bag of pucks.

Jason Williams is sixth on this team in scoring, right behind Lang, and provides a solid physical presence, all the while making league minimum. Hudler, however, has attitude problems, and even if he does reach his hyped potential (I'm not saying he won't) will not fill a need this team has right now.

Ture or not true, I don't think we need Witt.

For one thing, Witt is getting old, and we someone who's young. Lebda's been really good this year, and Kyle Quincey will most likely make the team next year. I'd say we just ride this year out with the defenseman that we have, and do what's nessicarry for our team this upcoming offseason.