tactic...float a rumor, see who calls to check it, deny that the

player is available, but take note on who calls. Then in the last

week, through some external people, talks started up again with all

four teams. Due to the way the Toronto media jumps on things they

once again called on another classic tactic. Third party

discussions. Basically it is like high school but it works. It also

is used constantly in free agent talks before the start of the

signing periods. It goes like this. Ask one of your friends to ask

one of her friends if she wants to go on a date. No paper trails.

Very few leaks. Unless one of those friends is friends with me. So

far this is what I gather Detroit is highly interested in Sundin.

Toronto wants either Zets or Dats. And Detroit wants a little more

back, but it isn't that far off. Toronto also likes Visnovski and

Frolov. they also like Tuomo and "The Wall" in Chicago, and in

Boston they like Lashoff and Raycroft. It also no accident that all

these secret talks are going on while most of Toronto is in Italy..."

I have several calls out, and I had three other sources that wouldn't

deny, but wouldn't comment on the record either.....

interesting enough ... but highly unlikely

Unless it's Ovechkin, Crosby, or Thornton, or someone huge...

Don't ever to expect Zets or Datsyuk to be moved.

If we traded those two for Sundin I would be one of the thousands of guys at the Wings game booing Sundin and Holland.

That would be suicide for the Wings, can't see it happening. Zetterberg should never be in trade talks, period. Wouldn't mind Datsyuk being traded in the right deal, but this ain't it.

Suicide is the ABSOLUTE BEST WORD to describe that trade. Man people around the Leafs really piss me off to think that they are where everyone wants to be. You guys got Lindros, he wanted to be there. I seem to hate the Leafs more everyday. I wish there was some sort of teetor-totter for a balance between my Leafs and Avs hate.

That would be suicide for the Wings, can't see it happening. Zetterberg should never be in trade talks, period. Wouldn't mind Datsyuk being traded in the right deal, but this ain't it.

Yeah, moving your top points getter, and #1 center would be a great idea! rolleyes.gif If true, then why do the Wings have to pay so much, but Boston has to pay so little. Gosh, this would be just a ridiculous idea, I just don't understand. Besides the fact, how does this help the Wings with what they "need" (either a tough Dman, power forward on wing, or just a tough roll player)? I actually like Sundin, but the asking price is outrageous! Besides the fact that Kenny has said numerous times he likes the forwards we have and he's not going to be making and deals upfront, let alone a blockbuster. Also Pavel, hardly fits in with the Leafs, and the only way they'd want him is to trade him somewhere else. Pull the trigger on this move and flush your future down the toliet! thumbdown.gif

What a fûck is Toronto thinking, if they want Zetts or Dats ? Only what woud be reasonable is to trade Lang for him. And that trade wouldn't change anything in our team.

Never happen.

Edited by Henkka

i love the rumors that come out of leaf land,..they always sound like this

team A is rumored to be giving up it's star young player and the future of the francise for an older leafs player who's not pulling his weight anymore.

grow up T.O

Yeah, moving your top points getter, and #1 center would be a great idea! rolleyes.gif If true, then why do the Wings have to pay so much, but Boston has to pay so little. Gosh, this would be just a ridiculous idea, I just don't understand. Besides the fact, how does this help the Wings with what they "need" (either a tough Dman, power forward on wing, or just a tough roll player)? I actually like Sundin, but the asking price is outrageous! Besides the fact that Kenny has said numerous times he likes the forwards we have and he's not going to be making and deals upfront, let alone a blockbuster. Also Pavel, hardly fits in with the Leafs, and the only way they'd want him is to trade him somewhere else. Pull the trigger on this move and flush your future down the toliet! thumbdown.gif

This made absolutely zero sense, especially in response to what I posted.

Ok, a couple of things.

First, Boston got Sturm/Stuart/Primeau for Thornton, so there's no way Detroit would be paying anywhere near the value of Sturm/Stuart/Primeau (i.e. not Datsyuk, not Zetterberg).

Second, Sundin is most definitely an improvement over Lang but at what price? 3 million more for clutch goals and more leadership? Sundin's a big guy but his physical game is not much grittier than Lang's.

I can't even think of a trade where Detroit dumps enough salary to get Sundin.

Zetterberg is the one and only untouchable forward on this team. Whats up with rumours involving the Leafs and us always involving Zetterberg? Buzz off Toronto!

Even Datsyuk for Sundin is not a good idea. I'd be willing to part with Pavs for a player like Thornton, and that's it.

This made absolutely zero sense, especially in response to what I posted.

Alright boss, the first line is the only one that applied to you, so don't send yourself in a tizzy over it. Boston has to give up players it doesn't mind tradeing, while the wings have to trade the future. Besides it doesn't address team needs, so it's stupid. The rest is pretty easy to figure out.

Edited by bringback91