• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNut_in_WV

Another Eklund Rumor

Rate this topic

I don't care who we trade away, I don't want Sundin on our team. He is too old and not very useful anymore. He is also one of the main reasons why I despise the Leafs....Them and their ridiculous media supporters like Glen Healey... I once heard Healey consider sundin one of the best players in the league, in the same sentence as Forsberg and Iginla laugh.gif

What a fûck is Toronto thinking, if they want Zetts or Dats ? Only what woud be reasonable is to trade Lang for him. And that trade wouldn't change anything in our team.

Never happen.

ohmy.gif I think Mats is a tidy bit better than Langer.. just IMO.

i think sundin is a great hockey player , smart , excellent passer , bull with puck down low , excellent shot , leader , clutch . and if i could trade lang in a 3 way somewhere for something back to toronto along with hudler and a pick to toronto ide do it quickly . and to me sundins style doesnt rely on speed and he could play 2 - 3 years after this one . only thing i dont know about is his contract status beyond this year , if its too much than i wouldnt do cuz of cap .

Edited by paul woods fan club

Lang is not better than Sundin.

Sundin's been playing with 4th line nobodies all season and is still staying at a PPG pace.

He's also no more of a underachiever than Datsyuk is, as far as I'm concerned.

If not for his pre-salary cap price, I'd love to have Sundin on the team (though not for Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Kronwall).

Zetterberg is the one and only untouchable forward on this team. Whats up with rumours involving the Leafs and us always involving Zetterberg? Buzz off Toronto!

Even Datsyuk for Sundin is not a good idea. I'd be willing to part with Pavs for a player like Thornton, and that's it.

They want him, but they can't have him. laugh.gif

Sundin's been playing with 4th line nobodies all season and is still staying at a PPG pace.

If not for his pre-salary cap price, I'd love to have Sundin on the team (though not for Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Kronwall).

who are you don cherry?

some sort of hockey analysis?

Sundin has sucked balls all season

1)quinn has changed the lines up several times and he has yet to do anything

2)he gets tons of powerplay time

3)he has played a lot with tucker

it's no excuse for his play

Lang however has the same points (42) than Sundin (41) (in about the same amount of games) for half the price

Lang's price too is post cap

many people forget that

underachieving Datsyuk?

Datsuk has the tenth most points in the league.

your assessment is faulty

Pass.

I like Sundin, but he's old. The last thing I want to see now if we do make a trade, is to trade for a guy who's a few years away from retiring.

If we make a trade, it should be for a young guy who'll be with the team for a good long time.

You guys are funny...Sundin sucks? blink.gif Why? Because he doesn't play for Detroit? I have no doubt Detroit would be interested in Sundin, he performs in the playoffs and has the size this team needs down the center. However, I'm sure the convo didn't get too far when Toronto mentioned Zetts or Datsyuk. The guys is 35 yrs old, he's not that old, and he's big and swedish which means he'd fit in here perfectly. Lang and Williams for Sundin? In a heartbeat, but Zetterberg and perhaps Dastyk are the only untouchables.

I like the fact that he's a good performer in the playoffs, and I totally agree with you on that Barnes52, but the guy like you said is 35 years old.

I'd trade for a guy who'll want to stick around for the next 3-4 years, and is somewhat young.

Trading for old guys is something that the Wings need to start cutting out on doing. When we trade, we need guys who'll stick around for another 1-2 years. We can't keep getting old when the teams in our division are getting younger.

Eklund saying it is a pretty sure bet it won't happen. He'll toss out 20 rumors and when one of them pans out, he'll trumpet it all over his site as proof he's on top of everything before anyone else.

True very true!!

who are you don cherry?

some sort of hockey analysis?

Sundin has sucked balls all season

1)quinn has changed the lines up several times and he has yet to do anything

2)he gets tons of powerplay time

3)he has played a lot with tucker

it's no excuse for his play

Lang however has the same points (42) than Sundin (41) (in about the same amount of games) for half the price

Lang's price too is post cap

many people forget that

your assessment is faulty

Wow, don't know how I missed this.

First off, Sundin has produced 1 less point in 5 less games than Lang. Sundin also plays the penalty kill quite often, whereas Lang does not. Sundin is a game breaker, Lang is not. Sundin hits, Lang does not. Sundin plays sound defense, Lang is a floater.

Your only valid point is their difference in salary which has already been acknowledged many, many times.

Sundin's been playing with Kilger, Domi, Antropov, Poni, etc etc. He played a FEW games with O'neill and Tucker and virtually none with Lindros. So, you're wrong again.

underachieving  Datsyuk?

That's entirely my point.

Sundin would bring this team to a completely different level.

edit:

Sundin also has 12 points in his last 11 games despite playing on an awful Leafs team. He tore it up overseas too, something Lang for sure didn't do.

Edited by gobias

Wow, don't know how I missed this.

First off, Sundin has produced 1 less point in 5 less games than Lang. Sundin also plays the penalty kill quite often, whereas Lang does not. Sundin is a game breaker, Lang is not. Sundin hits, Lang does not. Sundin plays sound defense, Lang is a floater.

Your only valid point is their difference in salary which has already been acknowledged many, many times.

Sundin's been playing with Kilger, Domi, Antropov, Poni, etc etc. He played a FEW games with O'neill and Tucker and virtually none with Lindros. So, you're wrong again.

underachieving  Datsyuk?

That's entirely my point.

Sundin would bring this team to a completely different level.

edit:

Sundin also has 12 points in his last 11 games despite playing on an awful Leafs team. He tore it up overseas too, something Lang for sure didn't do.

wow, sundin doesn't hit or penalty kill, often

and how is datsyuk having the tenth most points in the league your point??

you just have sundin bias

and lastly we'd never take him from toronto, so lets stop this crap