• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#21 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (rage @ February 18, 2006 - 12:25AM)
I think this is a great idea. I'd be great to met some great Wings Fans:) I even thought of it once before. That being said.....
You can count me in if it is in or near Troy. That's right down the road.

Whoever heads this up, could you PM everyone interested when/if we can get a date set??

Would be more like dates (more than one time) and we have a week or so to decide as the Olympics are going on for that long yet.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#22 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Muse @ February 17, 2006 - 09:51PM)
Count me in if I'm not working on gamenight.

Mr. Bs is always good. Another thought - a group of us met up at Champps (there are several around the metro area), and they have huge TVs. The Champps restaurants are really big, so geting a larger table isn't a problem

We went to the one in Troy on Big Beaver, just off of I-75. There is another nice one at the Orchard Lake/14 Mile/Northwestern Highway intersection. I know that's one that Drapes hangs out at (though I would doubt we'd see him there on a game night LOL).

*smacks forehead* I'm the one who thought of Champs originally. Why didn't I bring it up for this? Way to go, Muse! And they have wine. wink.gif
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#23 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ February 17, 2006 - 11:43PM)
Muse, thank you for your addition.... Glad to see some people stepping up to the plate here and trying to get something together. Also, Mr. B's or Champps sound like a good location for all as they are sorta right off I-75. If I remember right Timothy would be coming from Marine City and I would be coming from the north east also.

Hockeycrazy3033, Shanny14, and Offsides are these posts indicating a yes or no?

Mine is an unsure as of right now. all depends on when this is... cause if my boyfriend is in town I cant.... blink.gif

#24 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (vladdy16 @ February 18, 2006 - 09:40AM)
*smacks forehead* I'm the one who thought of Champs originally. Why didn't I bring it up for this? Way to go, Muse! And they have wine. wink.gif

As long as they don't run out of wine.

BTW, Starry Night is $24.95 a bottle at Nino Salvaggio's. It's the only place I've seen it so far.
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#25 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:29 PM

How do you think that would go with Thai food? cool.gif
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#26 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (shanny14 @ February 18, 2006 - 11:36AM)
Muse, thank you for your addition.... Glad to see some people stepping up to the plate here and trying to get something together. Also, Mr. B's or Champps sound like a good location for all as they are sorta right off I-75. If I remember right Timothy would be coming from Marine City and I would be coming from the north east also.

Mine is an unsure as of right now. all depends on when this is... cause if my boyfriend is in town I cant.... blink.gif

You can bring him along..... Do not let him run your life... wink.gif

Edited by Rivalred, 18 February 2006 - 12:32 PM.

#27 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ February 18, 2006 - 01:32PM)

Maybe she's saying that she'd rather hang out with him when he's in town.

So, are we talking about a game soon after the Olympic break is over?

#28 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Muse @ February 18, 2006 - 12:34PM)

How 'bout 1st Sunday of April when I'm up in the area again? laugh.gif

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 18 February 2006 - 12:37 PM.

#29 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ February 18, 2006 - 01:36PM)

Oh, there definitely will be a get together when you're here. You doubt my hostess skills???? ROFL

#30 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Muse @ February 18, 2006 - 12:38PM)
Oh, there definitely will be a get together when you're here. You doubt my hostess skills???? ROFL

Never once! wink.gif

#31 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ February 18, 2006 - 01:36PM)
QUOTE (Muse @ February 18, 2006 - 12:34PM)

Or two days later when I turn 21

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#32 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Muse @ February 18, 2006 - 01:34PM)

That may be true, but if he does not like hockey, she should dump him... wink.gif I understand because I go 2 weeks at a time without seeing my gf and we go to the same school and I work only 10 minutes away from her on the weekends, but I am so tired after working so....

I have to look at the scheduele... I just got home from the Ice Arena and have to leave in 1 hour to my night job....

I would say that would be a possibility, pretty much right around that time.... I am even up for a week day night... thumbup.gif

Muse and Vladdy, as for the Thia Food and Wine, I hear PF has good stuff, but there is a place located on 16 and Dequindre that is pretty good also. Now, the Wine at Nino's is a pretty good selection. If you ever break away to Traverse City, the gf and I did a wine tasting near Suttons Bay 2 years back and it was nice up there. Check out www.blackstarfarms.com

They have an Ice Wine which is spectacular, but it is $100 dollars a bottle and is in limited supply. It was served at the White House when Hillary was in office.

Edited by Rivalred, 18 February 2006 - 01:12 PM.

#33 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:21 PM

i wanna go! lol really wish i could, but no job=no money right now. Tho if it happens im bringing my bf and y'all can teach him a thing or two about a good team and how hockey is played. Hes still got it in his head that hte Cavs are better then the pistons and that hockey is boring. Im trying to convert him over to hockey and all but its hard with just one person.! He has watched a couple games on tv. NBC or OLN games, but nothing like FSN when the commentators are actually for the wings. so someday i will get him here and we can teach him something....someday
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#34 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

Count me in. I will watch this thread for a date/time/place. I was fortunate enough to meet with SWF and Muse last time SWF was in town.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#35 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (HOCKEY MATTERS @ February 18, 2006 - 04:51PM)
Count me in. I will watch this thread for a date/time/place. I was fortunate enough to meet with SWF and Muse last time SWF was in town.

Yay! This time you have to wear your Wing Nut hat, though.

#36 StaticWithABeat

StaticWithABeat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:46 PM

I live on the border between Troy and Sterling Heights, about 2 miles from the Champps on Big Beaver. I can go if it takes place anytime after I get out of school in mid-April.

#37 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

ok. how bout Sunday April 2nd at 3pm at Mr. B's Spectadium in Troy. The wings play minnesota at 3:30pm that day. Anyone, anyone??

#38 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ February 18, 2006 - 09:45PM)
ok. how bout Sunday April 2nd at 3pm at Mr. B's Spectadium in Troy. The wings play minnesota at 3:30pm that day. Anyone, anyone??

I can make that, that is if hockeycrazy3033 goes too! (tongue.gif hehe).

Count me in for real though. thumbup.gif

Posted Image

#39 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Muse @ February 18, 2006 - 01:34PM)

Id love to spend time with all of you. But he had some plans. and im not sure on what day that they will land.. we are going out and doing something. its supposedly a surprise but his best friend told me that this surprise is really good. so im going to have to wait and see. But i will bring him. He may not fit in though.. cause hes a Buffalo fan laugh.gif

#40 shanny14

shanny14

Diehard shanahan fan!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:56 PM

Im not read my above post wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users