• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CamNeely08

CUJO...

Rate this topic

I just spoke with a friend in the Phoenix area and it seems that while trade talks heat up for teams to rent Joseph for the rest of the year and playoff run, apparently Detroit is on the list of potential suitors. With Cujo's lower contract (900k) and Detroits need for a playoff goaltender it seems that the 2 may be a match again. Phoenix Sports radio confirmed with thier "Insider" that Detroit is a potential destination... as well as 3 other cities. Not 100% sure about what would be going to Phoenix, but rumor is Legace and a pick/prospect.

As much as I think he'd help in the playoffs, I can't ever see him coming back to Detroit after what happened last season.

(and I can only imagine the flame wars taking place here if our goaltenders are Ozzy, Manny, and Cujo)

As opposed to the mass-suicide if the goalies were just Cujo and Ozzie. wink.gif

peace

Sweet .. another goalie rumor thread. smile.gif

I heard Muckler has been on the phone w/Phoenix as well. Dom's injury isn't something they are taking likely.

But listen to this rumour:

Volchenkov, Havlat & a 1st Round Pick to Florida for:

Boumeister (butchered that I'm sure) and Luongo.

I heard Muckler has been on the phone w/Phoenix as well. Dom's injury isn't something they are taking likely.

I'm not sure if that would be enough for Luongo and J-Bo (Bouwmeester wink.gif ) but that's one hell of a nice package.

peace

I just spoke with a friend in the Phoenix area and it seems that while trade talks heat up for teams to rent Joseph for the rest of the year and playoff run, apparently Detroit is on the list of potential suitors. With Cujo's lower contract (900k) and Detroits need for a playoff goaltender it seems that the 2 may be a match again. Phoenix Sports radio confirmed with thier "Insider" that Detroit is a potential destination... as well as 3 other cities. Not 100% sure about what would be going to Phoenix, but rumor is Legace and a pick/prospect.

legace is the better goalie on paper

this would be a huge risk

there are a lot more teams in need of a goalie

AND MOST OF ALL WHY WOULD THEY WANT LEGACE????

HES A FREE-AGENT NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!

Holy sh*t!

Hasek AND Luongo......Jesus mother of moses....... scared.gif

Put Meszaros in and you have a done deal....

I don't see why the Sens can't just sign Luongo in the off-season. He is a FA right?

I know he will demand lots of money, and the Sens want to sign Chara too, but if Luongo really wants to go to a Cup contending team, then that would be a hell of a fit.

So the cap goes up and they get rid of a existing contract or something. I am sure they could work it out. Why trade when they have a legit shoot of getting him on thier terms? wink.gif

I don't see why the Sens can't just sign Luongo in the off-season. He is a FA right?

I know he will demand lots of money, and the Sens want to sign Chara too, but if Luongo really wants to go to a Cup contending team, then that would be a hell of a fit.

So the cap goes up and they get rid of a existing contract or something. I am sure they could work it out. Why trade when they have a legit shoot of getting him on thier terms? wink.gif

He'll still be RFA in the summer. The year after he's primed for the free-for-all UFA market.

peace

He'll still be RFA in the summer. The year after he's primed for the free-for-all UFA market.

peace

Thanks for the clarification NN.

I just remember hearing that he rejected thier offer and said he wanted to play for a Cup contending team. hmm. They may just want to trade him after then. Unless they are going to build around him.

As much as I think he'd help in the playoffs, I can't ever see him coming back to Detroit after what happened last season.

(and I can only imagine the flame wars taking place here if our goaltenders are Ozzy, Manny, and Cujo)

Well said, Harold. Completely agree. thumbup.gif

Guest shanny14

I dont know.. Ozzie has had some fair playoff runs.. but what do you think the odds are of him flubbing up the playoffs if he gets in net? they may be pretty high.

I know they will start out with manny and I just hope that he does well... Nothing against ozzie... Just in my mind Manny has worked for this all season.. hopefully something good comes of it.

Well if worse comes to worse with Osgood in the net during the playoffs, when Manny has his rare breaks here and there, then I'd just call up Howard.

I'd rather not trade for another goalie, and like I said before, riding out both Osgood's and Legace's contracts and then working on the position during the upcoming offseason would be the better idea.

So again, if needs be, I'd say that we should just call up Howard. But you're right Shannty14, and Osgood's past flaws have made me feel somewhat nervous too.

I don't think Manny is going anywere. Deffently not for a rent a player. exclamation.gif