• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

TSN Backchecking: Wings interested in Carney

Rate this topic

Keith Carney has roughly the same payroll as guys with the likes of Shanahan, Draper, and Zetterberg. Considering none of them will be traded away, I predict we'll be giving away some draft picks.

I am in the Salei camp as well. Carney is 36 and, while solid, has done nothing over the years to really make me want to have him on the Wings.

I dont really think either guy is all that important to add, especailly if Kronwall keeps getting better and Lilja continues his recent solid play. I know alot of people do not have alot of faith in him, but since Fischer's injury Lilja has really been pretty solid.

Lidstrom, Schneider, Chelios, Kronwall, Lilja, Lebda/Woolley is a pretty good group of D to have going into the playoffs. Not many teams can put this type of group out there.

I am more interested in adding another tough winger, more than I am a defensman.

Pass...

Im surprised in you Barnes...you keep saying how we need to get younger. Carney is 36 and looks 40 on the ice.

I do generally, but if he's a rent-a-player I'm all for it. Especially if it means Woolley hits the road. I think there is much better out there, but I won't cry if Carney is who we end up with

Edited by Barnes52

Hey, I wouldn't mind Carney. If I had a choice, however, I'd be hoping for Salei.

Hopefully Kenny does work a deal out before the deadline and lands some toughness...because we're going to need it come playoff time!! thumbup.gif

Keith Carney - $2.052M. I believe this is the last year on his contract. His 2-year option was picked up by the Ducks on June 30, 2004. 2004-05 was wiped out, thus this is the final year.

Burke is looking for young, speedy guys. He will likely dispose Carney by the deadline. Again, I am not sure if we have the assets to compete with other teams.

Carney is a very good stay-at-home d-man. Durable, big, physical. No huss no fuss, he can get the job done. Could be a good rental for the playoffs.

just want to say my first wish is to add a forward that can chip in offensively because with new rules offense is what its going to take imo . but if that cant happen or we can do that and also bolster d i think carney is an excellent stay at home dman , smart and rugged . and i know how people say we need to get younger and ive been saying same thing for 3 years , but admiral bowman ( i call bowman that because we had general bo on land , and hockeys on water [frozen] so we have admiral bo on ice ) is sitting down there in florida calling the shots and i know hes thinking all along that the most important factor in hockey is having dmen that dont cough up the puck or your done , so he loves the vet dmen that can handle the puck better than anybody . and if carneys a commited pro maybe he can do like murphy and chelios and perform at a high level several more years . plus he knows babcocks system and babcock knows exactly what he can expect from carney .

Edited by paul woods fan club

Man Ive been thinking about how we need another D man. Since we're gonna be trading for one, why not fully go for it and see if Bouwmeester or Mike Van Ryn are avaible. The Panthers are not playoff hopefulls. It's no secret Luongo and Jokinen are wanting to perhaps go to contenders. With all the focus on them what about the 2 young D men? Both havn;t fully been playin up to par this season. I know that doesn't mean they'd go for something stupid but hey I think we could get a deal on em. What you guys think of this as a possibility?

To Wings:

Van Ryn

Chris Gratton or Gregory Campbell

To Panthers:

Hudler

Williams or 2nd rounder.

Also, If Jokinen does stay with the Panthers watch for the Flames to at least make a pitch for Nieuwendyk.

Van Ryn actually might not be so bad here in Detroit. He's really proved himself in Florida, the only that I've heard, is that he's slow on his progress with uping his game.

Now even with knowing that, and the veterans that we got, they could really help him with his game, and he could become a defenseman that we need him to be.

The only reason that his game progress suffers now is because there is no veteran defenseman to help him in Florida.