• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Detroit interested in Giguere?

Rate this topic

So far Detroit is supposedly interested in Carney, Salei, and Giguere. We've been hearing this all year. The latest from hockey leaks says:

- The Red Wings could make a very serious push at J.S. Giguere. Mike Babcock would love to have him in red and white

Totally pass on all three players.

I really like Carney, but he's old.

No trades are needed, and I agree, just have faith in Babcock, because he's done a really good job here.

Giguere to me is not a great goaltender, and the only reason he was good that one year when he made it to the Stanley Cup Finals is because he had those big ass pads.

Salei to me is old and slow.

Legace > Giguere.

Salei and Carney, however.. Why not?

Until Legace does something in the playoffs he is not better than Giguere, regardless of inconsistent Giguere has been since his Conn Smythe winning season.

totally with ya fatcat.....I'd defintly pass on all three, even Salei. The only players I'd be interested in from the Ducks are the following:

Ryan Getzlaf

Corey Perry

Dustin Penner

Aaron Rome

Joffrey Lupul

Bruno St. Jacques

possibly the Niedermayer duo

Ladislav Smid

Brendan Mikkelson

Shane O'Brien

Shane Hynes

Curtis Glencross (I've personally seen this guy play, he's awesome)

Legace may not be at the level of Giguere just yet. But Giguere isnt that far ahead of him either. Other than his 1 cup run, Giggy has been your run of the mill starting goalie in the NHL. Nothing special, IMO. I honestly dont think he would be an upgrade over Legace at this point.

I dont like the idea of Keith Carney. But I have always been a Ruslan Salei fan. I wonder what it would take to bring him in?

ARice89 

Posted: February 23, 2006 - 03:28PM

So far Detroit is supposedly interested in Carney, Salei, and Giguere. We've been hearing this all year. The latest from hockey leaks says:

- The Red Wings could make a very serious push at J.S. Giguere. Mike Babcock would love to have him in red and white

I love how you put the rumor in quotes. As if this is supposed to legitimize it for me.

Then you boldly list the source as "hockey leak".

Was this someone you overheard mumbling next to you at the urinal at your local arena?

ARice89 

I love how you put the rumor in quotes. As if this is supposed to legitimize it for me.

Was this someone you overheard mumbling next to you at the urinal at your local arena?

I'd say that's uncalled for, but hey thats just me, and probably everyone else.

ARice89 

Sorry, ******.

Here.

ARice89 

Sorry, ******.

Here.

that website is stupid

like the people who believe the s**t on it

I agree with Dallas27, and really, lets just all drop the damn trash talking here.

I you don't like the forum and think that it's bogus, then don't read it. Don't like the link, then go to another forum.

Let's stick to the title subject which is what this perticular forum is all about. Could Detroit be interested in acquiring Giguere?

To me, it's possible, but I highly doubt that Holland will go after him during this season.

The only reason to me that Giguere was good, was because of his huge monster pads. With pads that huge, how the hell do you exspect to score a goal on the guy?Now notice without them, he pretty much flops. I don't see a need for him, and we got some pretty damn good goalie's in the minors that are basically a year or two away from the NHL.

So pass on Giguere, and take care of what needs to be done with the goaltender position during the upcoming free agency period, or go with the flow with our guys in Grand Rapids.

ARice89 

That is uncalled for but "Hick boy" is O.K. huh ???!! crazy.gif

ARice89 

That is uncalled for but "Hick boy" is O.K. huh ???!! crazy.gif

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

The Red Wings could make a very serious push at J.S. Giguere. Mike Babcock would love to have him in red and white

THAT IS TOTAL NONSENSE

J.S. Giguere is off and has been for two years where have you been??

He reminds me of Crazy Eddie throwing fits

and actually argueing with the coach while on the ice

that isn't very sound in my opinion

alright everyone knock it off with this pissing match. You all want to talk big-boy talk then PM each other. I know I've played my roll but non the less. I'm trying, you guys gotta try. Their are rules for this forum. Yeild yourself to them or a mod can remove you.

Edited by Seth

alright everyone knock it off with this pissing match. You all want to talk big-boy talk then PM each other. I know I've played my roll but non the less. I'm trying, you guys gotta try. Their are rules for this forum. Yeild yourself to them or a mod can remove you.

we are having a spirited debate, not a pissing match

For what it would likely take to get him here, I just don't see Giguere as much of an upgrade.

The guy has too much headcase potential, which is the last thing Detroit needs in net.

Though it wouldn't surprise me that they are still looking for better goaltending heading into the playoffs. They're constantly trying to upgrade in net for the short term.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

Giguere isn't any kind of an upgrade. You all need to quit judging him off of one playoff run that happened 3 years ago. Since then, he's been, well, bad.

We have one of the best goalies in the NHL. Why not just ride it out and see where he takes us?