• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ryanjay00

Luongo

Rate this topic

You all can blow up at me about this, but it's worth mentioning regardless of the reaction I get. Now we all have strong feelings about Eklund (personally, I haven't found him to be very accurate) but yesterday he mentioned the Wings would be more active than anticipated at the deadline and said he had a call with a Wings source later in the day. So, I followed up on that with a question about what he'd learned, today. He claims the following:

"Any Luongo trade will be passed by Detroit first" and that "they are the market makers now."

I know...I know...no link...but you can't link to the chat sessions over there and I was forced to just copy it down. Get fired up and angry if you wish but I'm just telling you what he said.

Whether it happens or whether it's even remotely likely, it's still fun to think about.

Detroit would have to give up a ton. They'd be better off getting someone just for the playoffs or go with what they have. With Osgood and Legace being Free Agents they can look elsewhere in the offseason.

Guest Tombsy

Would would have to send over Kronwall, Hudler and a 1st.

I would give. Lang, Hudler, Quincy and 1st

EDIT

Manny, Williams, Hudler, Howard, 2nd

Edited by Tombsy

Would would have to send over Kronwall, Hudler and a 1st.

I would give. Lang, Hudler, Quincy and 1st

EDIT

Manny, Williams, Hudler, Howard, 2nd

I doubt that would be enough to get him. If Florida is shopping him around, there are at least a half dozen teams out there that are in desperate need of a goalie of his caliber, they would almost certainly be willing to outbid us.

They'd want D, Hudler, Legace, some picks....soooo as much as I hate to type this

Kronwall

Hudler

Legace

and a

1st

possibly Howard as well? Jesus if so I'd say no thanks. Ill take my chances with Legace between the pipes. Plus Luongo is gonna command/demand top dollar, the price to land and lock up is just too much for me.

F*ck Eklund. Holland himself said they aren't going to make any significant moves, if any at all.

I understand your frustration with Eklund but did you even read the opening post? Also, it's absurd to say "Holland says they aren't making any significant moves" when 1) He wouldn't say if they were going to make significant moves and 2) He didn't say that at all tonight on the pre-game. What he did say is that they don't have a lot of cap room but that they do have enough and may be looking to add a player.

They'd want D, Hudler, Legace, some picks....soooo as much as I hate to type this

Kronwall

Hudler

Legace

and a

1st

possibly Howard as well? Jesus if so I'd say no thanks. Ill take my chances with Legace between the pipes. Plus Luongo is gonna command/demand top dollar, the price to land and lock up is just too much for me.

There's no way Luongo alone will fetch them that.

Kronwall

Hudler

Legace

and a

1st

Woah. That's wayyyy too much.

Seriously, why is Luongo such a big deal? Because he faces a gazillion shots a game and plays good on a sucky team? You know it's actually easier for a goaltender to play on a horrible team, than a good one. Because then you face tons of shots which then leads up to the goalie getting hot and being use to facing so many. *If that makes sense* The more shots you face, the much better you'll be. Who's to say that on another team, a good contending one that he'd play great? Don't get me wrong, I think he's a damn good goalie. I just think it's a BAD idea to give up ALL of that great potential and great players for the Wings future for just Luongo.

I was on his chat an hour ago, I asked him what detroit had to give up for Loungo.. Eklund said that the Panthers wanted Zetterberg and picks...

Take it for what it´s worth.. I dont believe him a s**t about this one...

I'm sure that is what the Panthers wanted...no BS there. Now if Eklund said it was going to happen? Well, he's full of doggy doo do

i say forget about luongo , he would cost us too much and he probably needs like 30+ shots a night to work out for us

i say the guy we should get is martin biron from buffalo , the guys unbelievably underrated and proved when he did play this year that he was for real , unfortunetly for him they also have ryan miller

i say we get biron and keep manny now that would be a hell of alot stronger duo then manny and ozzie and then we can ship ozzie elsewhere

hudler

1st rounder (since we always do so well without them lmao )

for biron

and if thats not possible i say we work out a 3 way deal with someone else so we end up with dwyane roloson which would cost us much less and hes quite effective with a 911 save percentage, just no wins lol which would change here

do you really think holland is going to go out and get a decent goaltender before the deadline? if he's looking to make a move between the pipes, it'll be big. roloson and biron aren't much if at all better than legace. if detroit goes after a tender, it'll be giggy. say what you want about him, but he did win the conn smythe trophy, for the losing team.