• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfan27

olli jokinen

Rate this topic

anybody here think the wings should make a push for him even though just as a rental player ?

i know hes a center but hes as big guy which we lack and i think he would do good maybe playing on the 2nd line with zetterberg , and maybe holmstrom ?

i was thinking maybe the wings could get rid of lang in the deal considering hes signed on for an extra year , maybe keenan would take him and it would save us 4 million to use to resign jokinen if we choose or get someone else on the free agent market

or we could use lang and some picks/prospects to get some younger defencemen, losing lang wouldnt be a big blow to detroit cause our offence is great

i was thinking maybe gettting a younger guy like paul mara or a physical defencemen like brendan witt or denis gauthier would be a great addition to detroit with theit ageing defence and the fact that we dont know whats going on with fischer yet

any thoughts ??

well hes a consistent 30 goal guy and if we could somehow get rid of lang's nearly 4 million salary and the fact that the cap will go up next year and lidstrom will get less then his 7.6 we'd be able to afford him

and wouldnt it be better to have a younger bigger better player in jokinen then robert lang ?? we'd basically be giving him up and an extra 2 mill , zetterberg is signed on for another 3 yrs so we wont have to worry about him wanting more money for a while

think of it jokinen zetterberg datsyuk for the next years to come with holmstrom and hopefully shanahn still producing

add to the mix maybe grigorenko and/or filppula

i would do the deal if it was possible , im hearing that some picks might be all florida can get cause of his ufa status next season but if we step up and can get him signed to a longer deal im sure he can be had for say ....lang,hudler and a 1st/3nd rounder

Florida wouldnt take Lang. Which means it would cost the Wings about 3-4 good prospects and/or picks to get him.

No thanks.

it would only cost us that much if he were to sign to a longer deal

hes an ufa at seasons end we wouldnt be giving up a ton of our top prospects