• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

If I We're GM

Rate this topic

Hahahaha sorry then. So yessir if I we're GM of the Wings this is what I would do.

Trade Lang to an East Coast Team whose not just bound for the playoffs, but also of course needing a center. I would do the following: Contact Sather and see if he would be interested uniting Jagr and Lang. Then I would then notify Atlanta, Boston, and Montreal to let then know that we are entertaining offers for Lang. I would let the other 3 teams know we're interested in a soild built centerman, power forward left winger and defencemanl that is a gritty ban-o-boards type guy. To much of a return for Lang? Him + Woolley a 3rd in 06 think not. Rangers got plenty of prospects.

Fedor Tyutin or Tom Poti would work. Then I see if Chad Wiseman - LW along with Thomas Pock - D and/or Alexandre Giroux - D. Anyway you get which direction and I believe Sather would be a fool to not take interest in rejoining Lang and Jagr.

Then wait....

On the other end I would then contact the Yotes, Wild, Blues, Hawks and Ducks. I would then ask which defensemen and forwards are on the table. Most likely the Yotes, Blues and Hawks will be demanding high turn around for their massive re-building. Where as we know the Ducks and Wild are a playoff teams, come the next year or so. Therfore I take my buisness to the remaining three. Why? Because I have a smallish center tearing up the AHL. I know that their lacking down the center. More so with the Yotes than the Blues (they'll be taking Kessel). So Arizonia it is. But I must be passive and patient for I can a nice turn around for Lang. So which deal? The Yotes one goes down first.

Hudler + Williams and a 2nd in 06 and for

Oleg Saprykin LW/RW (to replace Lang)

Tim Jackman RW (possible grit for playoffs but mostly likly straight to the AHL)

Steven Reinprecht - C/LW

Edited by Seth

You sorta lost me after "Trade Lang...."

I just dont see it happening. The Rangers have a number of Czech players who have great chemistry with Jagr, so there really isnt a need for them to add Lang.

We have all gone over Lang proposals for months now. And I think the reality is that its not going to happen. Other than Calgary and maybe Ottawa, all the playoff bound teams are fairly set at center. Holland wont trade Lang to Calgary, thats for sure. And Ottawa needs to clear money to sign all of their impending free agents. Taking on a salary like Langs makes no sense for them. Sure, they could trade him in the offseason, but then he is nothing more than a rental for them. And in that case, they wont give up anything of value to the Wings in exchange for him. I keep reading Lang for Havlat. And thats rediculous.

Lang is here to stay, and I have said that all year. Sure, I wouldnt be against trading him if the Wings got a GOOD player in return who could really help the team. But things are different these days and its harder for GM's to make moves like this.

I feel like Lang to Atlanta or Montreal are still possibilities. Just posting to say that there are options out there for him besides Ottawa and Calgary (as Higgy suggests above)...

Also, Higgy...love the Goaldiggers logo...

Edited by ryanjay00

good thing your not GM then because your talking stupid

refer to my signature if you disagree

You're a classy guy rolleyes.gif ....what an asset to the forum dry.gif

thanks, that means a lot coming from you and your greatness laugh.gifthumbup.gif

Edited by bogeygolfer

thanks, that means a lot coming from you and your greatness laugh.gifthumbup.gif

You're welcome...if you don't like a subject of a thread, don't read it. We don't want to resort to telling your parents the kind of language you use here, do we?

Edited by Barnes52

You're welcome...if you don't like a subject of a thread, don't read it. We don't want to resort to telling your parents the kind of language you use here, do we?

go ahead i've showed then this thread and they laughed at its stupidity

Edited by bogeygolfer

and he was doing so well too,......oh well

troll 0 barnes 1

wow thats nice....real nice. Off to get duct tape..........

Edited by Seth

Well, to get this thread back on track....

I know there's a lot of interest in Witt, and we'd likely get into a bidding war with a far more desperate hockey team, but I think he'd definitely be an asset to this team. Hudler's name has been thrown around in trade talks, and I wouldn't mind giving him up, though not for a guy who may just be a rental like Brendan Witt. I'd probably ask for Chris Clark if we threw in a mid round pick or two.

I know there's a lot of interest in Witt, and we'd likely get into a bidding war with a far more desperate hockey team, but I think he'd definitely be an asset to this team. Hudler's name has been thrown around in trade talks, and I wouldn't mind giving him up, though not for a guy who may just be a rental like Brendan Witt. I'd probably ask for Chris Clark if we threw in a mid round pick or two.

I like that trade idea J-Swift

Hmm, I like the sounds of that. thumbup.gif

Didn't Chris Clark just re-up with them?

I think you're right, I had no idea. It's still possible they'd trade him, though I guess it'd be unlikely after re-signing him. Guys like Brian Sutherby and Boyd Gordon also interest me, but I'm not sure if Washington will want to deal young guys who they may want to keep for the rebuilding process. Though both are kind of considered as busts at the NHL level. If Washington wasn't willing to part with them, Ben Clymer or Matt Bradley would fit in on the fourth line.

Hudler + Williams and a 2nd in 06 and for

Oleg Saprykin LW/RW (to replace Lang)

Tim Jackman RW (possible grit for playoffs but mostly likly straight to the AHL)

Steven Reinprecht - C/LW

Not a huge fan of this deal.

Saprykin and Reinprecht have been pretty terrible offensively this year, whereas Williams is having the year of his life and Hudler has been casually thrown into way too many trade ideas lately. The guy is fantastic in the AHL and could very well put it together in the NHL next year.

We don't really shore up any weaknesses AND we lose one of our top prospects.

I'm all for trading Lang but I'm almost sure we could get a better package than the one you listed. Many teams need a 1st line center and Lang is still quite efficient. His salary isn't bloated either.