• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hatcher#2

Holland on Trading Hudler

Rate this topic

Jiri Hudler had two goals (Nos. 31 and 32) and one assist for the Griffins. Hudler is third in AHL scoring with 81 points and his name has surfaced in trade rumors with the NHL deadline at 3 p.m. Thursday.

"I've had some calls on him, but we're not close to anything today," Holland said. "Certainly I expect there will be lots of talk this week. We'd like to make our team in Detroit stronger.

"If you look at the history, if you're a buyer you usually have to trade somebody that's not off your team, but from your reserves or farm team. I'll continue to talk."

http://www.mlive.com/hockey/grpress/index....ll=6&thispage=2

What do you guys think, who would trade him and who wants to keep him.

Edited by Hatcher#2

Thanks a lot for this Hatch!

As for trading him, I'm going to abstain from giving an opinion for the reason that I don't know what kind of player he is that well. I've only seen him a handfull of times.

But with saying that, if we can get someone who is more than a rent-a-player for him that will benefit the club for a few years I'm all for trading Hudler.

Edited by Heaton

Thanks a lot for this Hatch!

As for trading him, I'm going to abstain from giving an opinion for the reason that I don't know what kind of player he is that well. I've only seen him a handfull of times.

But with saying that, if we can get someone who is more than a rent-a-player for him that will benefit the club for a few years I'm all for trading Hudler.

Im with you on this one, if it's for the right type of player im all for it but i don't want Holland to give him up for the sake of a renta player for the playoffs. If the rumours are true that it could be for Salei and Penner then i would pull the trigger right away due to fact that Penner is a future power forward and not a waste of a trade.

Looking at Penner, it seems like he is something the Wings could use down the line, and Salei would be an excellent pick-up, although I'm not sure who's spot he would take on our D and if he would mesh well with the core of the team, but I'm guessing he'd be fine and probably take Woolley's spot to add some much needed grit and force. I would be up for this deal for sure. We have Dats and Zata up right now, not to mention the possibility of Kopecky, Grigorenko, Filppula, and others that we have waiting ot emerge in the next few years, I think that Hudler would be an acceptable loss for the right trade.

The only way I trade Hudler is if they get atleast a 2nd round pick thrown in. Hudler is worth alot and the only way Detroit gets fair value in the amount of player help on the pro level is to trade someone along the line of Lang with him. The Wings don't have the cap space to get a player of equal value for Hudler. I think he would be worth a 1st rounder to someone along the lines of Columbus or someone that won't make the playoffs because he could step right in to another team's lineup.

Looking at Penner, it seems like he is something the Wings could use down the line, and Salei would be an excellent pick-up, although I'm not sure who's spot he would take on our D and if he would mesh well with the core of the team, but I'm guessing he'd be fine and probably take Woolley's spot to add some much needed grit and force. I would be up for this deal for sure. We have Dats and Zata up right now, not to mention the possibility of Kopecky, Grigorenko, Filppula, and others that we have waiting ot emerge in the next few years, I think that Hudler would be an acceptable loss for the right trade.

All thos eguys you mentioned can play wing. Flippula is a RW anyway.

I would not give up on Hudler just yet. Hudler has the potential to be as good if not better than Datsyuk (who might be hard to hang on to in two years). Hudler is further along and has shown more than Pavel had at the same age (2000). We may have other skilled prospects but Hudler is at the top of the heap with regards to offensive vision.

peace

Hudler for Salei and Penner???? DO IT, I've seen Penner plenty of times in both NCAA for the Black Bears and the AHL with the Portland Pirates. He's fantastic.

A young, tough power forward AND a solid defenseman for the stretch run for someone off the roster who we have a glut of (quick, flashy, smallish players)? KENNY, PULL THE TRIGGER.

I would not give up on Hudler just yet. Hudler has the potential to be as good if not better than Datsyuk (who might be hard to hang on to in two years). Hudler is further along and has shown more than Pavel had at the same age (2000). We may have other skilled prospects but Hudler is at the top of the heap with regards to offensive vision.

peace

I know a lot of people are high on this kid. I haven't seen him play, but it's hard for me to get excited about yet another small forward.

This guys' even smaller than Dats, so I sure hope he's better (or will be in the future) if we keep him.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

Salei would fit in just fine. He's a Fischer clone.

I'm always in favor of trading Hudler. He offers nothing this organization doesn't have or can acquire later on.

this is defnietly true..were deep in centers, saturated with small stature players and have an abundance of playmakers.

Hudler for Salei and Penner???? DO IT, I've seen Penner plenty of times in both NCAA for the Black Bears and the AHL with the Portland Pirates. He's fantastic.

A young, tough power forward AND a solid defenseman for the stretch run for someone off the roster who we have a glut of (quick, flashy, smallish players)? KENNY, PULL THE TRIGGER.

Im in total agreement though I really believe it will take more than Hudler to take Salei and Penner from the ducks. Expect a 4th or 5th rounder to be tossed in.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

Penner isn't even one of Anaheim's top 10 prospects. If he does make it in the NHL, it'll be as a grinder.

If Burke actually pulls off this deal, he should be charged with Grand Larceny.

Hudler for Salei and Penner????  DO IT, I've seen Penner plenty of times in both NCAA for the Black Bears and the AHL with the Portland Pirates.  He's fantastic.

A young, tough power forward AND a solid defenseman for the stretch run for someone off the roster who we have a glut of (quick, flashy, smallish players)?  KENNY, PULL THE TRIGGER.

Penner isn't even one of Anaheim's top 10 prospects. If he does make it in the NHL, it'll be as a grinder.

If Burke actually pulls off this deal, he should be charged with Grand Larceny.

Penner has 61 points in 40 games in the Ahl, thats pretty good going and i think he will make it as a scorer and not a grinder. He has 7 points in 18 games this season in the Nhl, now if you were to pair him with Datsyuk or Zetterberg in about a years time that would be a nice combination.

Edited by Hatcher#2

penner is good.

i dont know who their top 10 prospects are, maybe perry, getzlaf and those guys are still considered "prospects" but penner is huge and he has played well for a rookie in every game ive watched.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
Penner has 61 points in 40 games in the Ahl, thats pretty good going and i think he will make it as a scorer and not a grinder.

Penner has great size, decent offensive skills, and is an average skater. I don't see his scoring success in the AHL translating to the NHL. His size advantage won't be as dramatic, and since the lockout ended, speed and skating ability have become much more important.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
penner is good.

i dont know who their top 10 prospects are, maybe perry, getzlaf and those guys are still considered "prospects" but penner is huge and he has played well for a rookie in every game ive watched.

Depends on how you look at it. If you take those guys out, Penner is in the bottom half of their top 10.

Bottom line, if the Wings give up Hudler they better get more than a fill in player for him. I see them giving up someone lesser along the lines of an unsigned junior player of european.