• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LemonPower

Wings acquire D Cory Cross from Penguins

Rate this topic

Its basically Rivers for Cross. The Wings traded a 4th rounder to get Cross, but then they recieved a pick in the Rivers deal.

Cross is better than Rivers. I am happier with Cross at the 6-7 spot then I would be with Rivers.

I dont think we expected much, and thats exactly what we got. Not much.

Cross might be better than Rivers, but perhaps not worth a 4th round pick considering Rivers only fetched a 7th round pick. Well, at least Cross has size. I'm not disappointed.

Cross might be better than Rivers, but perhaps not worth a 4th round pick considering Rivers only fetched a 7th round pick. Well, at least Cross has size. I'm not disappointed.

Now Barnsey, I'm not being sarcastic at all here, this was the post I've been waiting for. I really look foward to you and Barnes52 for the approval of the tough guys or at least guys with size. If you're not dissapointed, I'm not (I wasn't before.)

Cross is a slight upgrade over Rivers, although Kronwall will probably play over Cross come playoff time.

Probably????

Kronwall is in our top 4 now. He wont be sitting come playoff time. The only players who need to worry about playing time are Woolley, Lebda and possibly Lilja.

Now Barnsey, I'm not being sarcastic at all here, this was the post I've been waiting for. I really look foward to you and Barnes52 for the approval of the tough guys or at least guys with size. If you're not dissapointed, I'm not (I wasn't before.)

I fully expect people to be screaming for Cross' head though. laugh.gif He is a pylon, but I still have hopes he can step up if need be.

This blows. Take it from a guy who used to see Cross play all the time when he was with Toronto, he's absolutely useless and provides essentially nothing we don't already have in full supply. To put it in perspective for you guys, Cory Cross has been a healthy scratch more than once for the Penguins. Yeah, the Pitsburgh Penguins. Home of arguably the worst defensive corps in the league.

This really disappoints me. I can't believe we gave up a fourth round pick.

If we hadn't dumped Rivers and brought in Cross, people would just be bitching that Holland didn't do anything at all.

If only we could've gotten Witt for a seventh rounder...

I would take Jamie Rivers long before Cory Cross. I can't possibly fathom what Holland was thinking today. I really can't.

If we hadn't dumped Rivers and brought in Cross, people would just be bitching that Holland didn't do anything at all.

If only we could've gotten Witt for a seventh rounder...

Pretty much yeah, Cross might start a game or 2 before the season is over just to validate the trade, but I don't see him being a regular.

Witt was never coming here, Salei was never, Carney was too old and not worth a draft pick.

I'd rather hang on to our prospects and picks, our fate in the playoffs doesn't rest on the shoulders of a 6th defensemen.

Pretty much yeah, Cross might start a game or 2 before the season is over just to validate the trade, but I don't see him being a regular.

Witt was never coming here, Salei was never, Carney was too old and not worth a draft pick.

I'd rather hang on to our prospects and picks, our fate in the playoffs doesn't rest on the shoulders of a 6th defensemen.

exactly.

Detroit is what, first in the West? who's going to give us something for nothing?

It would cost too much to bring in any name guy to the Wings.

I'm rarely a Holland defender, but think he generally doesn't do much come trade deadline because he'd have to give up too many of our picks or prospects.

You guys are forgetting the Babcock factor. Either he'll motivate Cross to play at a level that will help the team, or Cross won't play.

Babcock is a coach not a miracle worker. Trying best isn't really an issue with Cross. He doesn't have work ethic problems. It's just that he's always been a soft player, and coming to Detroit isn't going to change that.

I'm not a big fan of cross, but i won't blame holland. judging by the ways things went down, i would guess that holland felt he had made a trade to get witt, so he dumped rivers, but then nashville upped the ante at the last minute to acquire witt. so holland was probably forced to make a trade for cross to replace rivers.

Draper_Rocks#33 Posted on March 9, 2006 - 05:09PM

are u people ever happy??...give holland some credit he worked with what he had

WHAT?!?!?

Don't you pay attention? Holland is the worst GM in history! I learned that from the fans...at the parade.

In the Playoffs, your third and fourth lines have to be better than their third and fourth lines- that's how you win.

Draper_Rocks#33 Posted on March 9, 2006 - 05:09PM

are u people ever happy??...give holland some credit he worked with what he had

WHAT?!?!?

Don't you pay attention? Holland is the worst GM in history! I learned that from the fans...at the parade.

WHAT!!

worst GM...were you around in 02...I would not call him the worst

Edited by Draper_Rocks#33