• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Kolosov

Rate this topic

With ref the minors one kid to keep an eye is the young Belarus D. Drafted in 2004

151 overall, this kid is bulking up nicely. At draft was 6'4" 187lb now listed at 202lb with Cedar Rapids in the USHL. Plays the body well and has a +7 rating for 2nd on his team. Not an over offensive player but has put points on the board. I'm getting good vibes about this kid, not 20 till May. Vlady MKII? Well lets hope so, i'm keeping an eye open for this name to appear in the future.

With ref the minors one kid to keep an eye is the young Belarus D. Drafted in 2004

151 overall, this kid is bulking up nicely. At draft was 6'4" 187lb now listed at 202lb with Cedar Rapids in the USHL. Plays the body well and has a +7 rating for 2nd on his team. Not an over offensive player but has put points on the board. I'm getting good vibes about this kid, not 20 till May. Vlady MKII? Well lets hope so, i'm keeping an eye open for this name to appear in the future.

By the way are you thinking of SIARHEI KOLASAU?

By the way are you thinking of SIARHEI KOLASAU?

Yes. that's how his name is spelled for Belarus. For Russian his name is spelled Sergei Kolosov.

Edited by Henkka

Gee at 187/202 he is almost as "bulky" as 5'10" 186 lb. Kris Draper... Sounds more like Max Kuznetsov Mk. II -- laugh.gif

laugh.gif

At 6'4 that's not very heavy, but you have to remember that he is still a teenager. Hopefully he can end up around 220 or so.

laugh.gif

At 6'4 that's not very heavy, but you have to remember that he is still a teenager. Hopefully he can end up around 220 or so.

For reference, Jiri Fischer was 6-5, 210 at draft and his most recent listing is 6-5, 229.

Also, remember, Chris Pronger was 6-5, 190 when he was drafted. He is 6-6, 220 now.

Kolosov will likely fall somewhere in the 6-5, 215-220 range by the time he finishes growing.

any chane we'll see him get moved to the Storm by next year?

I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Grand Rapids.

There's a pretty good chance Lebda will be on the big club next year after his showing this year, and Meech's development seems to have stalled, though I doubt he's plateaued.

Kolosov on the other hand has really been climbing, the Wings will want to get him playing against the best competition he will actually get a solid number of minutes against. Helmer is gone next year, that's one spot. Lebda makes two. Kolosov could take either of those spots and get a solid 17-19 minutes.

I expect that Kindl will be in GR too, he's having a solid season with the Rangers.

Kindl will be back with Kitchner next season.

Kindl will be back in Kitchener next season because he will not be 20 by the time the season starts. Depending on his season and the GR team, he might be up when his 20th rolls around.

I think that Blatak will be over in GR next season and they may pair Kindl with him too ( both Czech's) could help.

Just to add to the org topic, I thought this was interesting on the latest prospect report;

Kolosov is a rarity in the Red Wings system -- a big, physical force with a mean streak. The Red Wings like what Kolosov has to offer, and are expected to sign him to a contract and get him into the professional ranks in 2006-07.

maybe the Storm? do you think.