• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nate_327

Best games on the DVD

Rate this topic

On the Red Wings DVD, which game was your favorite. If there is a game that was not on the DVD that you thought was the best Red Wings game played, select other.  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought all those games are good, and obviously there a lot more than 5 good Red Wings games, so they couldn't fit all of them on, but i would have to say, the best Red WIngs game i have ever seen, which was not on the DVD , would have to game 2 of the 1998 Stanley Cup finals V.S the Caps. I remeber watching that game, and getting so excited when Yzerman opened up the scoring. But when the Caps scored those three goals, i was really bumed out. Then when Yzerman gave them hope with his shorthanded goal, and then Lapointe scored making it 4-3, and then the close call with Esa Tikanen (probably spelled his name wrong) and then Doug Brown scoring to tie it, and eventually Kris Draper winning it in OT. I think this was the most exciting and best game i've ever seen from Detroit. What was your favorite?

Edited by nate_327

The favorite game on the DVD for me was the season game against the Avs in 1996. I was grounded and not allowed to watch television, and my mom wouldn't let me watch the game. I remember hearing from my brother about the fight which stopped the game and then the win against the Avs. I was mad that I missed a huge fight against the Avs! Although there is a spot of it in the 96-97 Stanley Cup tape, it wasn't enough. When my brother bought the DVD I watched it then went to my mom and said to her, "Wow, that was a great game! Too bad I am only 10 years late!!"(I watched the game this year in Jan.) Now that I have seen it, I can now actually understand when people talk about "the fight"