• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfanatic4alltime

No more tiger stadum

Rate this topic

The Detroit News has an article on its front page saying most likely the great ole ballpark will be demolished this summer. If its true the city of Detroit again doesnt fail to disapoint me how can they down this great monument of baseball histroy its really sad what the city has done with the ballpark mad.gif

As much as I loved the old Tiger Stadium, I really don't see any other option. It would be great if they could come up with a plan to use it for something, but it just isn't realistic.

Hopefully they come up with a really good addition to the city to fill that space with. Something spectacular and worthy of standing on such a historic location...

We all knew this day was coming sooner or later. Given the city's money problems and the supposed lack of any realistic use for Tiger Stadium, it was bound to happen. On the other hand, I hope they have some sort of plan in place before they tear it down. The last thing Detroit needs is another empty lot.

I'll have to go take some pictures of Tiger Stadium when I'm in Detroit for opening day sad.gif

Here's the story: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...1129/SPORTS0104

As much as I loved Tiger Stadium, I hope they tear it down. The last time I drove by, I was sad to see it had rust stains. I'd rather it be demolished, then let it decay. I want to remember it as a jewel.

Edited by Barrie

I'd still love to see couple Hockey Games there before she goes down.

MSU vs UM

Followed by.....

TOR vs DET

Now that's what the last event at Old Tiger's Stadium should be, not Snoop Dogg!!

MSU vs UM

Followed by.....

TOR vs DET

Now that's what the last event at Old Tiger's Stadium should be, not Snoop Dogg!!

lol Snoop Dog! Why am I not surprised? Sounds like something the city of Detroit would do, similar to giving Betis and Saddam keys to the city.

MSU vs UM

Followed by.....

TOR vs DET

lol Snoop Dog! Why am I not surprised? Sounds like something the city of Detroit would do, similar to giving Betis and Saddam keys to the city.

That's cold harted!

New plans for Tiger Stadium include leaving the field intact, not tearing down the entire stadium, and turning what's left of the building into a sports museum. This is the best idea I've heard yet for it. The only question is how will they come up with the money?

Story

New plans for Tiger Stadium include leaving the field intact, not tearing down the entire stadium, and turning what's left of the building into a sports museum. This is the best idea I've heard yet for it. The only question is how will they come up with the money?

Story

im gussing the tigers wings and pistions will chip in along with detroit`s taxes being raised Edited by josh