• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nate_327

Most Annoying NHL Fans

Rate this topic

THought this one would be funny. I know a lot of you Detroit fans live in other areas that support other teams. Which fans do you think are the most annoying?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven't been to a different hockey arena than the Joe since 1992, but for the least well-behaved fans that come to the Joe, it's a tie between Philly and Pittsburgh fans. Philly fans seem to come here to fight and Pens fans just come to talk trash for the most part. Nashville fans are Number Two on this list.

The best visiting teams fans? Toronto. They're awesome and they get the Joe rockin'. LOVE it when Toronto's in town.

Without a doubt VANCOUVER fans are the best. Very passionate and the most knowledgeable.

Without a doubt Philadelphia fans are the worst. The most rude and stupid fans to ever grace the planet.

Aaaaaand I am definitely partially kidding about Canucks fans. They are passionate, but can be incredibly whiny and annoying sometimes. I guess that just happens when you have so many people who care so much about one team. TRUST ME, there is a reason why I don't consistently post on the Canucks message board. Haha

Edited by NazMo

Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Nashville easily round out the top 3 for me.

Oh wow, nice choices!!

Chicago and Nashville have two of the worst goal songs ever known to man.

Ducks fans are so fake. They act like they understand whats going on in the game. They talk during the play, and when they score, they get and yell!!

Ranger fans are flat out annoying. They act like they just won the Cup. Righteousness flows from them.

Chicago fans have always been this annoying fan base as well. Now that they won the Cup, their heads are all inflated. I guess the random s***ty remarks about the Wings also bug. I guess because this team has been under Detroit's thumb for years. That and it's Chicago. There is an attitude that comes from that city. Just like a lot of other big cities.

CBJ fans. 95% of them know nothing about hockey in general. Another thing that annoys me about them, is they always have to associate a Wings/CBJ game, with the Michigan/OSU rivalry. :blink:

I'm a little disappointed to see Flyers fans are held in this regard. I think a lot of people misunderstand what it's like for a city that loves our sports as much as we do. Fans here are just tired of losing, and unfortunately, our idiots steal the limelight.

Over here in the UK it has to be, without a doubt, the oh-so-plastic Penguin's 'fans'.

Hockey isn't very widely followed in the UK but they do have a few teams with long (but occassionally rocky) histories to be proud of, yet when I go to Nottingham Panthers home games (the largest followed team in the UK) you'll often see Nottingham-born and bred folk wearing jerseys featuring the world's most whiney hockey player's name on the back rather than jerseys for the team they are apparently following.

When I (a Detroit-born, but British passport holding Wings fan) ask them why they are Pens fans its either like asking a Londoner why they support Manchester United soccer team (usually involving an uncle twice removed who either supports them and brought them a shirt or some other tedious link) or they say something like "I like the colour of their jersey", but never (although its pretty obvious its the real reason) "they've won stuff recently".

When you point out the reason they've been successful recently (ie: they were so poor for so long that they scooped the top draft picks and built a team around them) the realisation that they don't fully understand how the NHL works dawns on them and they'll undoubtably reply with "you'd not complain if Crosby/Malikn/Fleury was a Wing", a bone response if ever there was one.

Grrrr.

Hmmmm needs an option for San Jose sharks fans! Most of the really cocky ones don't even know the rules and think everytime there's a offside or something, that they are going on the PP! I had one guy tell me that last years sharks team was the best nhl team of ALL TIME !!! lol

Although I think that Predators fans are by far most annoying but there are super annoying fans for every team. I was at a Wings game last season in the nosebleeds and some old guy next to me thought he was actually coaching. He didn't scream out anything, just loudly talked to himself. Every couple seconds, he'd comment and say something like, "Oh, Nicky, what were you thinking?" or "That was a good goal, guys." When some of the guys went in his comment was, "Yeah, go in you guys. You look tired. Have some water." It was weird. I wouldn't mind a weird comment every couple minutes or so but it was like every couple seconds he said something strange. A drunk guy ended up turning around and screaming, "SHUT THE F**K UP!" He then just whispered to himself. My point is though that there are crazies at every game, no matter who they're rooting for.