• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nate_327

Most Annoying NHL Fans

Rate this topic

THought this one would be funny. I know a lot of you Detroit fans live in other areas that support other teams. Which fans do you think are the most annoying?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was split between Preds and 'Canes fans.

Canes fans are annoying to me in the fact that they really pour it on when I'm wearing Wings stuff to the RBC. I had some woman try to give me crap forwearing a Wings hat at a game (the Canes were playing the Flyers or somebody)...then she asked her husband how many "quarters" were left in the game. Then there was the same woman I was standing next to who during the Cup parade who started cheering like a moron "Stanley Cup!! Stanley Cup!!" when Cam Ward drove by with the Conn Smythe trophy.

I would have to say the Predators.

I travel up to Nashville 3 - 4 times a year to watch the Wings.

(I also try to catch at least a couple Blues/Wings game in the Loo.)

I always wear the Yzerman jersey, so I'm like an idiot magnet.

They think it's funny to talk behind your back and call you a "Pred Wing". i.e., someone who only comes out to see hockey when the Wings are in town (as in, not a real hockey fan).

Some jackleg starts lipping off to me at the beer stand with this crap and for the most part I joke back and forth with people. It's supposed to be fun - it's a rivalry. But this idiot won't stop and then his biatch chimes in. Band wagon, not a real fan, yada yada. I simply got my beers, explained to these idiots that I've been a fan longer than "their" team been in existence and walked away. You can't argue with retards, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Another time, my friend and I head next door to the bar with the rooftop seating area directly accross from the GEC. I'm standing there at the railing talking to some cool Pred fans and I hear this idiot behind me (obviously very drunk) and he's running his mouth. I try ignoring him and it's just not working. He and his friend are verbally threatening me, etc. My friend comes back from the bar after buying the round (he's 6'4" 285#) and now that it's 2 on 2, they decide to shut up. Seems that when it would be a fair fight, it's time to turn tail and run.

Last two I feel like typing occurred here in Memphis. Preds had a pre-season game vs. the Blue Jackets at the FedEx Forum. Being a fan of hockey and curious to get a look at the 06/07 Preds and Anson Carter (damn I wish we signed him) I get seats on the glass. 2 rows back some idiot Pred fan yapping - old timers, can't by a championship now, etc.. I ask him why if we suck so bad did Markov and Johnson defect to us? (luckily this was before Johnson retired). He continues until I finally ignore him enough that he goes back to flinging his poop like the chimpanzee he is.

I'm on the way back from the beer stand and another idot starts in, this one in the luxury box. I hear "Did you bring an octopus? hah hah" Mind you, I'm carrying 2 beers and a bucket of popcorn so I can't spin right around. When I don't immediately acknowledge this moron, he says to his friends, "See, not even a real hockey fan. He doesn't know about the octopus." I finally turn and ask him if he was referring to me. "Octopus" he says again. I ask him if HE knows what it means. He says' " yeah, you guys throw it on the ice after a goal." I say nice try and I give him the Stanley Cup, 8 wins.. blah blah. I close with "WHO'S not a real hockey fan?" and walk off.

Blues fans have always been nice. But they got a huge lesson in humility last season.

side note: holy crap I go to the beer stand a lot.

Edited by FireCaptain

I think avs fans are the worst.

then the buffalo fans we still get crap from buffalo from 1999

It shouldn't have been a goal, according to the rules at the time. You'd be pissed too.

Av fans get on my nerves the most. Shocking number of them around my neck of the woods, too. Don't they still chant "Red Wings Suck"?

My vote goes to Oiler and Flames fans.

Maybe that just comes from being in Calgary in 2004 when the Flames eliminated the Wings and from being in Edmonton when the Oilers eliminated the Wings in '06 and having to deal with two cities of complete redneckery.

No more car flags.

Ever.

EDMONTON OILERS,

I spent some time on thier message boards during the playoffs and when the Wings won a game it was all excuses, and when they Won games they would rub it in Wing fans face, none of them know anything about Hockey, and Feel not only Edmonton is a better team, but a better city, aswell as a Better Country.

They are a bunch of ******** that deserve to be smacked around like the women they are.

Any fan living south of the Mason-Dixon line, put in whatever city you choose. They can tell you what their favorite NASCAR driver had for breakfast before they could name 5 guys on the team they cheer for. Of course the insufferable Edmonton fans are very annoying, but still not as bad as those so-called "good ole boys".

Vancouver Canucks fans are the worst by far. Did you guys know that vancouver is the best team to ever play in the NHL? Neither did I. Thats what Canuck fans think though. they must be right though considering there impressive ZERO cups in what 30 someodd years.

Exactly,couldn't have said it better myself,god their annoying,they actually believe they won the stanley cup in 1917 with the millionaires and their still holding on to it :lol::lol::lol:

Without a doubt Vancouver fans are the worst!

They always whine about ref conspiracies against them and are the biggest bandwagon fans alive. They lose one game and they can't wait to place blame and trade said player etc. As long as they're winning everything is great and they are the best team in their opinion but when they start losing they all turn on the players and team so quick.

I think they have the Jan Brady complex.

It's funny at first but disgusting after a while.

Exactly,go to canucks.com to see for yourself,whenever they lose they want to trade the whole team and whenever they win their planning the parade :lol:

LOL If I went there every time, I may as well put it on my Favorites.

I dislike the Fans that Booo Chelios every time he has the puck.

Edited by TeeMan

Without a doubt Vancouver fans are the worst!

They always whine about ref conspiracies against them and are the biggest bandwagon fans alive. They lose one game and they can't wait to place blame and trade said player etc. As long as they're winning everything is great and they are the best team in their opinion but when they start losing they all turn on the players and team so quick.

I think they have the Jan Brady complex.

It's funny at first but disgusting after a while.

Speaking of bandwagon fans. They sure came out of the woodwork when calgary made it to the finals. And living here is even worse. not a person cared about the flames minus the couple hundred die hards. and bam holy, i couldnt believe how many brand new flames flags were hangin from ppls vehicles. its disgusting actually to see it. through thick and htin is the only way to support a team and here in calgary u definetly dont see that. that annoys the hell out of me.

My vote goes to Oiler and Flames fans.

Maybe that just comes from being in Calgary in 2004 when the Flames eliminated the Wings and from being in Edmonton when the Oilers eliminated the Wings in '06 and having to deal with two cities of complete redneckery.

No more car flags.

Ever.

Could not agree more about the car flags