• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I<3MannyLegace

Are you really a wings fan?

Rate this topic

How would you describe yourself as a Red Wings fan?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been a fan of Red Wings since I was a boy. Because they had so many great Russian players like my idol Igor Larionov. Even though I was not able to watch many of the games in Russia. Now I watch Red Wings often on my dish when the Capitals are not playing.

Edited by Alex Ovechkin

a huge wings fan.. i only get to see about 10 games or just over that, cuz living in canada there's only a coverage when a canadian team plays of course.. i do listen to every single game on nhl.com... as well when the wings come to Vancouver i go see them everytime there in town there... i even have a wings logo tattoo on my left arm... plus the room is covered in lots of wings stuff for signed jersey to posters... MAKE EM SEE RED

It is tough to get Wings games in Victoria BC unless you have a dish. I have been a long time Wings fan sice 1959 and have seen a lot of thick and thin. We have course have had glory years with Gordie and Stevie and then we have god awful teams with Harkness etc. The good news is that I believe we can stay competitive for a lot of years. We do have an excellent scouting system especially in Europe. We do have to get young quickly though. Go Wings

I don't think it's really fair to judge how big of a fan someone is by how many games they watch. I answered that I was a huge WIngs fan, because I live, eat, sleep and breathe Red Wings hockey. However, being in Australia and not having cable, it's virtually impossible to get any games on TV over here. However, I spend a lot of my time trying to find as many games as possible as torrent files, and I'm always getting up and all sorts of crazy times to listen to games on NHL.com radio.

I'm a MASSIVE Red WIngs fan even though I don't get to see many games. I'm sure that there are probably people in the US and Canada that see a few Wings games each year but don't really care about the team. That's why I don't think you can really use games watched as a measure of fan support.

I dont really get the chance to watch every game because i dont have access to them but i definatly listen to every game i can when im not working. STILL A BIG BIG FAN.

Not me. I'm so lame I hardly watch any of the games.

I think Datsyuk did spark my interest for a couple seconds when he slid by those two Vancouver D in OT tonight though... if there were more of that, I would be a less lame Wing fan.

I watch as many as i can now but Whalers games kinda play at the same time for some, so i miss them. Ah well... i still follow them.

Used to be way more connected when i could attend 10-15 games a season...

I watch as many games as I can, but being in CA without a DVR makes it tough to catch some east coast games. Try explaining to work that you have to leave at 4:30 several times a week ;) That said, when I'm doing desk work I listen or try to catch them on centerice online. I did list myself as a huge fan, though, as I live and breath Red Wings hockey, and have for nearly 15 years. I never miss a box score, interview or article about them, and my entire office is adorned with autographs, jerseys and posters of the Free Press front pages from their cup runs.

And come playoff time, no man, woman, child or pack of wild horses can keep me away from the television.

I wanna say huge fan . but going with the way things are i'm only moderate. being over here in Scotland and when i'm working away in England i'm unable to get access to watch . it's difficult to be as fanatical about them as i want to be. last season i'd say i was fanatical . next season i definetly will be. :)

Yeah, same here. It's hard to be a die-hard-fan when you live in Europe. The games airs in the middle of the night, you have to watch most of the games on internet-streams, and that 1 Red Wings game which is available on pay-TV a month.

I try to be as updated as possible, and wath as many games as possible, but it's hard.

Yeah, same here. It's hard to be a die-hard-fan when you live in Europe. The games airs in the middle of the night, you have to watch most of the games on internet-streams, and that 1 Red Wings game which is available on pay-TV a month.

I try to be as updated as possible, and wath as many games as possible, but it's hard.

it is very hard . i try my best to keep up to date with everything Red Wings . last season i barely missed a game strangely . i was on here in the GDT's and was either watching them or listening on NHL radio . this season it's been way more difficult.

I got Canal+, which is showing one game live from NASN, Versus or FSN.. Sometimes no games, and very rarely Wings.

Feel free to suggest sites where I can watch Wings games.

Edited by Ziggy Stardust

I follow the team, but because my job situation is shaky, I can't shell out the dough to get out to games as much as I used to. I used to go to Anaheim as often as possible to see them play the Ducks, and I have flown out to Detroit to see them play at the Joe, but that was a few years ago.

I also had Center Ice on my cable and recorded most of the 2001-02 season. That was a joy not only because we won the Cup, but because of all the greats on the team.

It sucks that the games are not on ESPN. Used to be a lot of Wings games were televised.

I listen to WXYT on the net as much as possible, but the 3 hour time difference sometimes makes that difficult. I'm still at work when the Wings start most games.

So I responded moderate, because I cannot see the team as often, but I'm totally behind them.