• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
superstarsingh

Phil Kessel

Rate this topic

Yeah, the Pens need defensemen in a big way. It is unlikely but I would like to see Kessel somehow go to the Blues. In years to come they would have TJ Oshie and Phil Kessel, two young American stars. They would also learn from an established American star in Kieth Tkachuk.

Yeah, the Pens need defensemen in a big way. It is unlikely but I would like to see Kessel somehow go to the Blues. In years to come they would have TJ Oshie and Phil Kessel, two young American stars. They would also learn from an established American star in Kieth Tkachuk.

Unlikely? I was just thinking the Blues are a very likely destination. I think they'd jump at the chance, especially since Chicago and Pittsburgh are more likely to go after a defenseman.

Wouldn't mind seeing him go to Chicago, though....if he does, there's a chance I might get to see him play as a Norfolk Admiral biggrin.gif

What makes you say that?  I didn't realize we had professional scouts on our board.

He'll probably be a top 3 pick, at least that's my guess.

lots of times the 1st pick turns out to be a bust

look no further than Patrik Stefan thumbdown.gifcrazy.gif

Edited by bogeygolfer

The Pens are goint to take Erik Johnson, this is for certain. And if they don't then this team definetly needs to find new management and ownership and NOW.

Kessel will go to the Blues.

What makes you say that?  I didn't realize we had professional scouts on our board.

Sidney Crosby, Alexander Oveckin, Rick Nash, Ilya Kovalchuk, Vincent Lecavalier, Joe Thornton, Ed Jovanovski, Mats Sundin, Mike Modano, Mario Lemieux, etc etc. Lots of busts there.

Going by this list, which is subjective, only four #1 overall draft picks are listed as busts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_Draft_Busts

Pittsburgh will probably end up drafting Eric Johnson assuming they get 1st pick, leading the 2nd overall pick to most likely land Phil Kessel. I could see St. Louis picking him up, but I'd love for Chicago too. I want them to turn their team around big time, I always had a soft spot for them.

Sidney Crosby, Alexander Oveckin, Rick Nash, Ilya Kovalchuk, Vincent Lecavalier, Joe Thornton, Ed Jovanovski, Mats Sundin, Mike Modano, Mario Lemieux, etc etc. Lots of busts there.

Going by this list, which is subjective, only four #1 overall draft picks are listed as busts.

Hmm...their definition of 'bust' is "a player, usually a first-round draft pick, who has failed to live up to the expectations levied upon the player when he was drafted by the organization over a period of time."

So why is Daigle listed, yet Lecavalier is left off? Lecavalier was given better circumstances than Daigle yet did only marginally better offensively for the first five seasons of their careers.

Hard to make a case for Lecavalier as less of a bust than Daigle, when Daigle was put into the second center role initially because of his size compared to Yashin's, and never quite got the ice time Lecavalier was just handed no matter how bad he was. Especially since Lecavalier received just as much hype as Daigle--Daigle was very hyped by the Canadian media and especially Quebecois, but not even a consensus no.1 pick. Lecavalier was the outright top pick in everyone's mind, and was being called the 'Michael Jordan of hockey.'

i never said he'd be THE 1st pick (overall), i said he'd be A 1st pick

how many 1st pick busts where listed on that page

100+???

side note:

now they are only going back to about 1965

thats 40 1st overall picks and 4 busts, thats 1 in 10, thats one every decade

this could be that bust

Edited by bogeygolfer

100+???

side note:

this could be that bust

Say what now? I believe that's a "the".

Anyway, your logic is as silly as it gets. Let's review: Kessel will be a bust because 1 in 10 first overall picks are busts, so he could be a bust too. Never mind that, apparently, 9 in 10 first overall picks have very successful careers.

Are you English or retarded?

100+???

side note:

this could be that bust

Anyway, your logic is as silly as it gets. Let's review: Kessel will be a bust because 1 in 10 first overall picks are busts, so he could be a bust too. Never mind that, apparently, 9 in 10 first overall picks have very successful careers.

no idiot I think he will be a bust because I don't think he is capable of adjusting to the NHL

you started the bust conversation saying "I didn't realize we had professional scouts on our board.He'll probably be a top 3 pick."

then just told YOU that "lots of times the 1st pick turns out to be a bust" (then clarified i ment 1st round)

Edited by bogeygolfer

this thread is great...Daigle got sent down from the Wild to LA farm team I believe, because the Areos we're already at their vets limit.

Personally I wouldn't call Daigle, a bust. Sure he never lived up but he's still a decent player. I stick him on a 3rd or 2nd line.

100+???

side note:

this could be that bust

no idiot I think he will be a bust because I don't think he is capable of adjusting to the NHL

you started the bust conversation saying "I didn't realize we had professional scouts on our board.He'll probably be a top 3 pick."

then just told YOU that "lots of times the 1st pick turns out to be a bust" (then clarified i ment 1st round)

Nice one. Read the thread again to find out who really said that.

Not that I disagree with BlakChamber. I happen to agree with him, and I think most people here realize that if indeed you are right, it will be no fault of your own. I just didn't realize I had another username.

edit: Can't believe I wasted post #3000 on this one.

Edited by betterREDthandead

Hmm...their definition of 'bust' is "a player, usually a first-round draft pick, who has failed to live up to the expectations levied upon the player when he was drafted by the organization over a period of time."

So why is Daigle listed, yet Lecavalier is left off? Lecavalier was given better circumstances than Daigle yet did only marginally better offensively for the first five seasons of their careers.

Hard to make a case for Lecavalier as less of a bust than Daigle, when Daigle was put into the second center role initially because of his size compared to Yashin's, and never quite got the ice time Lecavalier was just handed no matter how bad he was. Especially since Lecavalier received just as much hype as Daigle--Daigle was very hyped by the Canadian media and especially Quebecois, but not even a consensus no.1 pick. Lecavalier was the outright top pick in everyone's mind, and was being called the 'Michael Jordan of hockey.'

That's a stretch IMO.

You can't compare Lecavalier to Daigle. He turned out to be 10 times the player. Daigle's career was mismanaged and unfortunate. But the fact is Lecavalier's career has had some major highlights. .