• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
German Red Wing

MLB Season 2006 thread

Rate this topic

Almost pulled it out, didn't get the clutch hit today that they seem to be able to get game in and game out. Bring on the ChiSox. After a New York Yankee sweep they are going to be playing some pissed off baseball.

Kenny has been a notoriously mediocre second-half pitcher the past few years, and I don't buy the it's-hot-in-Texas excuse. He's old. I'm hoping he can break the pattern this year, but it's looking like more of the same. But, he doesn't need to be stellar, he just has to win.

Yeah, im also wondering if Robertson will avoid his typical second half flop. I never thought id say this but we really need to get Maroth back for the 6 man rotation.

MLive

Thames and Miner for Abreu?

I dont know...

Thats a really tough call. I havent wanted Abreu, because i figured it would cost us too much. But I dont know, kinda hard to not take that deal if your the Tigers. The chemistry issue is the biggest thing...I really dont know! I'd take that though over the what the Nats are asking for Soriano (Sanchez, Jurrjens, and an additional top hitting prospect).

Were getting demolished right now, its like the guy in the chicago tribune says, were not gonna beat good teams alot.

When was the last time you saw the Tigers THAT flat on the offensive end other than yesterday? Bondo is pitching today and they will get the bats going. Gonna win tonight. All the other games vs. the ChiSox / Yankees / BoSox have been relatively close. They will be fine.

Oh yeah, check it out-

<----- :sly:

Lots of talk for Soriano and an end of talking for Abreu. Would have to send over 3 top prospects though. With the young pitching staff they have would 3 top hitting prospects / prospects be worth it? Could argue that the Tigers, much like the 2004 Detroit Pistons, just need that one missing piece. Soriano could put the Tabbies over the hump. With Mr. Illitch saying do what you have to do and at whatever price I'm sorta thinking Soriano could be heading over to D-Town. Something is going to happen.

Soriano is a huge gamble. Unless he agrees to an extension before the trade I day no dice. Abreu could be had for Miner and Thames -- both of who's stocks are higher than they'll likely ever be.

I had a dream that Don Zimmer threw my cell phone in a lake at a theme park and then I made fun of him on a bus. Also, Nomar Garciaparra borrowed $10 from me.

I went to the game today and it was really cool! I sat in left field and Scott Podsednik looked really bored all night and he looks bad in a home Sox jersey.

Lots of talk for Soriano and an end of talking for Abreu. Would have to send over 3 top prospects though. With the young pitching staff they have would 3 top hitting prospects / prospects be worth it? Could argue that the Tigers, much like the 2004 Detroit Pistons, just need that one missing piece. Soriano could put the Tabbies over the hump. With Mr. Illitch saying do what you have to do and at whatever price I'm sorta thinking Soriano could be heading over to D-Town. Something is going to happen.

The Nationals want our top pitching prospect in Humberto Sanchez, another of the top pitching prospects in Jair Jurrjens, and one of our top hitting prospects. It was originally said that hitter would be last year's 1st rounder Cameron Maybin, which the Tigers quickly shot down for good reason. That would be a drastic overpayment, as Maybin is really the one hitting prospect in the whole system that i feel totally condifent saying he's a sure thing. That guy's gonna be a stud.

I wouldnt have a problem dealing Miner, as i feel Jordan Tata could step right in and have similar success. Just something about him that makes me think he'll be good. Also his innings pitched are way down since he started in our pen, so you dont have to worry about his arm tiring. I still favor one of the lesser moves like Sean Casey over Soriano and Abreu. Pirates may be willing to take Miner along with maybe Monroe, yeah i know its just not right dealing Monroe after being with us through the down times...but Pitt could use him at CF and we could use Casey.

Soriano is a huge gamble. Unless he agrees to an extension before the trade I day no dice. Abreu could be had for Miner and Thames -- both of who's stocks are higher than they'll likely ever be.

That's Miner and Thames plus taking a huge contract extension. Abreu has a no-trade clause too.

All you can ever ask for is to take 2 of 3. Fantastic series for the Tigs. 5 1/2 game lead on the White Sox as we near the end of July? This is why I want so badly to be back home. Detroit is re-awakening as a baseball town and I'm missing out.

With the A's coming to town next, the probables are: Verlander vs. Joe Blanton, Miner vs. Danny Haren, Robertson vs. Esteban Loaiza. In other words, we miss Barry Zito, who pitched yesterday. Aw shucks.

All you can ever ask for is to take 2 of 3. Fantastic series for the Tigs. 5 1/2 game lead on the White Sox as we near the end of July? This is why I want so badly to be back home. Detroit is re-awakening as a baseball town and I'm missing out.

I know what you mean. The year I move out of Michigan is the year the Tigers finally start to win :angry:

Not that I'm angry about them winning...I just wish I could go to some games. I went to opening day, but that seems like a long time ago.

I know what you mean. The year I move out of Michigan is the year the Tigers finally start to win :angry:

Not that I'm angry about them winning...I just wish I could go to some games. I went to opening day, but that seems like a long time ago.

Made it to one game this year: June 12 against the Devil Rays. 5-1 loss. Rollercoaster wasted a beautiful pitching performance by Bonderman by giving up 4 in extra innings. But it was a gorgeous sunny evening, we had great seats, and for a moment there in the 9th it was great times as the Tigs tied it up to send it to the bonus frames. Hopefully will be able to go to a game over Labor Day weekend or shortly thereafter. There's something about an evening (or afternoon) at the ballpark that makes you feel like you had the best time of your life, win or lose.

Where is he going to fit in? Shelton is at first, Monroe is DH and Thames is in left.

We shouldn't miss Monroe too much, I don't think. If Dmitri hits like Dmitri should, Shelton and Thames will push Monroe to the bench. But there will still be at-bats for him. It's Gomez that will take the biggest hit.

One question that strikes me as I watch Roman Colon give up two runs in the ninth in what should be an easy situation: Why is he not at Toledo and Chris Spurling here with the big club?