• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
German Red Wing

MLB Season 2006 thread

Rate this topic

I found these stats to be pretty interesting..

Want a model for the 2006 Tigers? How about the 2005 White Sox, the eventual World Series champions, whose numbers through 141 games – particularly the pitching – look quite similar those Detroit has posted this season.

Batting

BA R HR RBI OBP SLG K

'05 White Sox

.262 641 180 637 .322 .428 882

'06 Tigers

.274 697 174 666 .327 .447 975

Pitching

Record ERA BAA OBP SLG HR BB K

'05 White Sox

87-54 3.63 .247 .309 .392 142 400 892

'06 Tigers

86-55 3.66 .249 .314 .391 130 419 888

Month-by-month

April May June July Aug. Sept. Oct.

'05 White Sox

17-7 18-10 18-7 15-11 12-16 17-12 2-0

'06 Tigers

16-9 19-9 20-7 15-10 13-16 3-4 N/A

When's the last time the Tigers have won a series?

I honestly cant remember, i was gonna say the White Sox but that was a 2-2 split. Hmmm.....

Why is it that it seems like every AFLAC trivia question has to do with Jack Morris and a staff from the 80's?

And thats great news, all i care about is what the team furthest away from our spot did, i just wanna get in the playoffs! I still think Chicago will overtake Minnesota though, even though they keep winning i still sense a losing streak coming.

What was wrong with Pudge early on in the game? I was way up and had no clue why he was down for a little.

He took a foul ball off his you know where..

The latest news on the Tigers website is DD saying Polanco is still on track to return.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/n...sp&c_id=det

I had heard he'd be on track to return for the playoffs too. They showed him doing some batting practice even during one of the last games. He was my tiger before he got injured and Magglio has been acting as my pinch Tiger while he's out.

Someone also mentioned Todd Jones love, so here's a little story for anyone who cares:

Among my friends for some reason we began yelling Todd Jones at the top of our lungs at random times. So my boyfriend went to a bachelor party that included a Tigers game, and they were sitting high above the dugout. My wasted boyfriend was yelling out Todd Jones for most of the game. Todd Jones came out at one point to do some stretches and my boyfriend leaned over and yelled Todd Jones continually for a few minutes. At the end of his stretches he looks up at my boyfriend and gives him the rock'n'roll sign, and then walked off.

Is it just me or do you guys think screaming Todd Jones would be good as a jinx. Like Steve Perry. Stteeeeeeevvvveeee Perry. Tooooddddddd Jones.

I do.

Sweet game tonight.

Magic numbers now stand at:

Division 8, Wild Card 2.

Here's to another Tigers win and ChiSox loss tomorrow. And maybe another Twins loss while we're at it.

GO TIGERS...I have been loving this whole thing, havent been in the playoffs since 1987, the year i was born...its been a dream season