• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

Simple question. The arguments have all been pretty well played out over which goalie is better, but they're all based on which is more likely to win the Cup for the Wings (or not lose it). Think of this as more of a popularity contest. If you could somehow know in advance that the Wings would definitely win the Cup, which goalie - Legace or Osgood - would you rather see in net for the entire playoff run?

I think that's the fairest way to ask which do you like better without any preference toward actual netminding ability coming into play.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#2 Datsyukismyhero

Datsyukismyhero

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

Manny all the way. Ozzie is an ok goalie, though. I don't think he'd make it as a starter on any team but as a backup goalie, he's ok i guess. I think he's inconsistent though. And if all the Manny haters are right about Manny not making it in the playoffs I think we're screwed if we have to rely on Osgood. But I don't think Manny will have any problems in playoffs. GO MANNY!!!!

#3 nate_327

nate_327

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:57 PM

Manny, though Osgood has more experience in Playoffs, Manny is better, IMO.

Edited by nate_327, 01 April 2006 - 04:57 PM.

#4 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (nate_327 @ April 1, 2006 - 04:57PM)
Manny, though Osgood has more experience in Playoffs, Manny is better, IMO.

so in other words you totally missed the point.

can I get a mod to delete this and start over or something? both of you completely ignored me when I said this isn't about which is more likely to win the Cup.....the point is, we've already won the Cup, which goalie do you want to see get the credit?
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#5 Datsyukismyhero

Datsyukismyhero

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:54 PM

I'm sorry I mentioned the Cup in my post. I honestly didn't realize it. When I talk about Manny or Osgood it's who is going to win the Cup. I guess I just got overly excited when talking about Manny, like I always do. I am really sorry though. I didn't overlook your comments, I just forgot them. But I still pick Manny. He's been a backup goalie for far too long in his career and he deserves to have a starting position in the playoffs. He's the man. Not only a good goalie, but I respect the hell out of him. I read an article once when he said that he remembers when he was a kid and went to open practices and asked some guys for their autograph and they ignored him. Manny takes the time, it seems whenever he can, to sign autographs. On the Olympic break, he signed at the Van Andel before a Griffins game. Manny is an amazing goalie and an amazing person who deserves the best out of life that he can get.
I'm sorry again

#6 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

Manny.

He totally deserves to be the goalie that would help the team hoist the Cup. He's had an amazing year and Manny hoisting the Cup would just be a great way to finish it off.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#7 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:19 AM

If it is guaranteed why not bring back Corrado Micalef for the min and sign a couple heavyweights for entertainment?

Why not just ask who do you like better Legace or Osgood? goalie.gif goalie2.gif

#8 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (fightfan24 @ April 2, 2006 - 03:19AM)
If it is guaranteed why not bring back Corrado Micalef for the min and sign a couple heavyweights for entertainment?

Why not just ask who do you like better Legace or Osgood? goalie.gif goalie2.gif

Putting the question that way would turn it into a debate over which is better. I phrased it this way to take all questions of "who's better" out of it.
Posted Image

#9 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

Manny. Ozzie had his shot already time for Manny to get his
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#10 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:24 AM

Manny

#11 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

If we were garenteed the Cup then I'll go with myself lol
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#12 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

But if its either than Ozzie or Manny than I'll give it to Manny
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#13 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

Manny definitely, really no contest. I'd love to see what he'd do with that type of confidence behind him.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#14 sportsfan8383

sportsfan8383

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

Manny got us here this season does anyone remember that? He's earned a cup ON THE ICE. He has been the backup even though he knows he was starter potential, no one can argue with that kind of commitment to hockeytown.

#15 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (sportsfan8383 @ April 16, 2006 - 06:16PM)
Manny got us here this season does anyone remember that? He's earned a cup ON THE ICE. He has been the backup even though he knows he was starter potential, no one can argue with that kind of commitment to hockeytown.

Manny hasn't earned a Cup.
That has to be done between now and June.

I picked Ozzie. In part because I prefer him and in part because it would put to rest any goalie controversy heading into next year without killing the cap.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#16 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

Manny for sure

Oz has been great as of late, but I wan't Manny to enjoy this. He's earned it.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).