• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

betterREDthandead

Another Goalie Poll

Rate this topic

If the Wings were GUARANTEED the Cup, who would you prefer as the goalie for the playoff run?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question. The arguments have all been pretty well played out over which goalie is better, but they're all based on which is more likely to win the Cup for the Wings (or not lose it). Think of this as more of a popularity contest. If you could somehow know in advance that the Wings would definitely win the Cup, which goalie - Legace or Osgood - would you rather see in net for the entire playoff run?

I think that's the fairest way to ask which do you like better without any preference toward actual netminding ability coming into play.

Manny all the way. Ozzie is an ok goalie, though. I don't think he'd make it as a starter on any team but as a backup goalie, he's ok i guess. I think he's inconsistent though. And if all the Manny haters are right about Manny not making it in the playoffs I think we're screwed if we have to rely on Osgood. But I don't think Manny will have any problems in playoffs. GO MANNY!!!!

Manny, though Osgood has more experience in Playoffs, Manny is better, IMO.

so in other words you totally missed the point.

can I get a mod to delete this and start over or something? both of you completely ignored me when I said this isn't about which is more likely to win the Cup.....the point is, we've already won the Cup, which goalie do you want to see get the credit?

I'm sorry I mentioned the Cup in my post. I honestly didn't realize it. When I talk about Manny or Osgood it's who is going to win the Cup. I guess I just got overly excited when talking about Manny, like I always do. I am really sorry though. I didn't overlook your comments, I just forgot them. But I still pick Manny. He's been a backup goalie for far too long in his career and he deserves to have a starting position in the playoffs. He's the man. Not only a good goalie, but I respect the hell out of him. I read an article once when he said that he remembers when he was a kid and went to open practices and asked some guys for their autograph and they ignored him. Manny takes the time, it seems whenever he can, to sign autographs. On the Olympic break, he signed at the Van Andel before a Griffins game. Manny is an amazing goalie and an amazing person who deserves the best out of life that he can get.

I'm sorry again

If it is guaranteed why not bring back Corrado Micalef for the min and sign a couple heavyweights for entertainment?

Why not just ask who do you like better Legace or Osgood? goalie.gifgoalie2.gif

Putting the question that way would turn it into a debate over which is better. I phrased it this way to take all questions of "who's better" out of it.

Manny definitely, really no contest. I'd love to see what he'd do with that type of confidence behind him.

Manny got us here this season does anyone remember that? He's earned a cup ON THE ICE. He has been the backup even though he knows he was starter potential, no one can argue with that kind of commitment to hockeytown.

Manny hasn't earned a Cup.

That has to be done between now and June.

I picked Ozzie. In part because I prefer him and in part because it would put to rest any goalie controversy heading into next year without killing the cap.