• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Muse

It's time for a change

Rate this topic

Have some of you guys never heard about tradition? Changing the name is absurd, it would be like getting a whole new team. I don`t want to see any changes done with the logo either. It`s one of the most recognizable logos in sports, and it reflects the city of Detroit perfectly. Some of the suggestions in this thread is some of the most stupid things I`ve ever heard. Pink and silver shirts!?! And the worst; having the Stanley Cup as a logo crazy.gifcrazy.gif It`s not like the Red Wings are the only team who`s ever won the trophy.

Have some of you guys never heard about tradition? Changing the name is absurd, it would be like getting a whole new team. I don`t want to see any changes done with the logo either. It`s one of the most recognizable logos in sports, and it reflects the city of Detroit perfectly. Some of the suggestions in this thread is some of the most stupid things I`ve ever heard. Pink and silver shirts!?! And the worst; having the Stanley Cup as a logo crazy.gifcrazy.gif It`s not like the Red Wings are the only team who`s ever won the trophy.

If anyone sould have a Stanley Cup as a logo it should be Montreal. Or at least Maple Leafs.

Pink and silver? Heh hehe. You're right, that is pretty stupid. And maybe we could put some frills on it. And it should be skin tight. With a low V neck. And rainbow colored gloves. What do you think?

Its classic why would you ever want to get rid of it, think about when the pistons changed to the horse everyone thought that was ***, everyone likes the old jerseys. Someone said as an alternate jersey would be cool but we are still known as the motor city lets try and keep it that way.

No changes to the name or the winged wheel. Now, I could handle a 3rd jersey. How about one of the original redwings jerseys? Like the old english D from when they were known as the cougars? I think that would look pretty cool. In red of course...

user posted image

edit:photo

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

If anyone sould have a Stanley Cup as a logo it should be Montreal. Or at least Maple Leafs.

Pink and silver? Heh hehe. You're right, that is pretty stupid. And maybe we could put some frills on it. And it should be skin tight. With a low V neck. And rainbow colored gloves. What do you think?

Well you might be on to something with that skin tight thing. OK, maybe the players would look goofy going out there in all-Spandex (especially Keith "Donuts" Tkachuk) but some players in the NBA are starting to wear tights on their legs in order to keep their legs warm. Maybe that could catch on in the NHL? The players might be faster without those bulky hockey pants. And if you think the tights would look too "***" for your taste, keep in mind that the current outfit has grown men wearing garters. Might be that more than a few players would be glad to be rid of those. I think the Wings should be at the cutting edge of this one thumbup.gif

On the garter thing, they could be a bit more gaudy don't you think?

I mean just the stripe on the side is kinda dull.

I'm thinking maybe you can make some shapes here and there on the pants area, like lightning symbols all around the pants to make them stand out a little bit more vs. just having the stripes on the side.

You could put some of the downtown skyscrapers to blend in as well to make it show like it's raining too!

Yay or nay? thumbup.gif or thumbdown.gif

How about keeping everything "on" the uniform, just changing it around? Numbers on the front - winged wheel on the back? Oh yeah....the red sweaters are supposed to be ROAD SWEATERS, DAMMIT! CHANGE IT BACK NOW, PLEASE.

How about keeping everything "on" the uniform, just changing it around? Numbers on the front - winged wheel on the back? Oh yeah....the red sweaters are supposed to be ROAD SWEATERS, DAMMIT! CHANGE IT BACK NOW, PLEASE.

Yeah, like put the names of players below the red stripe at the bottom of the white jerseys and on the white stripe on the bottom of the red jerseys. Also, they should change the font that is used for lettering something that is cool and impossible to read.

Yeah, like put the names of players below the red stripe at the bottom of the white jerseys and on the white stripe on the bottom of the red jerseys. Also, they should change the font that is used for lettering something that is cool and impossible to read.

yep. a true fan doesn't need to read "zetterberg" when they can plainly see 40 on the sweater.

I think bright silver jerseys on the road and pink 'n' silver at home would really make a statement. And then, because everyone loooooooves black, a black third, again, with the "HOCKEYTOWN" diagonal lettering.

I'm laughing so hard I might pee my pants.

This has gotta be the best tag-team April Fool's joke I've been involved in.

Props to the "Community Supporters" who have done a great job to reel so many people in on this one.

"The Winged Wheel logo looks stupid" hahahahaha!

Don't look now!!

user posted image

Notice where the Zetterberg appears on the back of his Timra sweater?

peace

I can't believe i never saw this thread before. Guess I need to adjust my priorities to make sure I don't miss out in all the fun.

To add my 2 cents, why do we even need names on jerseys either..or even numbers??

Guest Tunbo Batman
crap. i was hoping that this would continue till midnight. hahahahaha.

please, there can be some actual serious discussion about this.

ive been trying to design an "alternate" 3rd logo for ages, but i suck too much at photoshop/illustrator to do anything but butcher the original one.

does anyone with talent care to try submitting some form of non-sucky, "modernized" logo?

I'm laughing so hard I might pee my pants.

This has gotta be the best tag-team April Fool's joke I've been involved in.

Props to the "Community Supporters" who have done a great job to reel so many people in on this one.

"The Winged Wheel logo looks stupid" hahahahaha!

ahem, no props to who figured it out first? wink.gif

I went to the game last night vs. Chicago, and I saw a lot of really cool Blackhawks jerseys being worn at the game. Old ones, newer ones, etc. I also noticed a lot of the white winged wheel Wings jerseys, and a few of the red ones being worn, too. I also saw one guy with one old-style jersey.

It got me thinking.

I think the Red Wings should change their jerseys.

Before you fly off the handle at this suggestion, let me give you a few good reasons.

1. It's a great marketing move to sell more merchandise and make more money for Ilitch. He needs to build a new arena, his businesses are expanding, and he could use a lot more cash. If they sell it, the Red Wings fans will buy it.

2. Yzerman is probably going to retire at the end of this season. If they unveil a new jersey now (and Stevie's name is on it), it will sell a LOT. This would be the perfect time to unveil a new style of jersey - shortly before the playoffs when your most famous player is most likely going to retire at the end of the season. I believe Yzerman's jersey is the most sold in the NHL, perhaps in all sports. So, now is the time do do this. Like I said in #1, it's a brilliant way to sell a lot of merchandise.

3. The Winged Wheel is so old. When is the last time the jersey was redesigned? (NN, I'm sure you know, resident stat boy!) And honestly, so many people who aren't wings fans often ask me "what the heck is that logo anyway". I explain it's a winged wheel, and they think it seems kinda dumb.

4. Tying into #3, the winged wheel represents older Detroit - the motor city, when we were the headquarters of car manufacturing for the world. Detroit needs a new image, and has been moving toward a more diversified business climate than just "the big three". Getting rid of the winged wheel with something more modern that reflects Detroit would be great.

I could give a few more reasons, but I think this gets the idea across.

So, what do you think?

Sorry, I'm not sold. Two reasons:

-I don't really care how much money Illitch make.

-I also don't care about people thinking the Whinged Wheel is dumb.

Sometimes marketing is simply about protecting what you have and I happen to believe that the Red Wings is one of those cases. If Illitch needs to build a new arena I'm sure there are other ways to finance it.

Ok Muse, you got me. I didn't realize what date this thread was started until now.

SH*&!! I didn't see that date she posted it! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Oh well. Good one, Muse.