12 replies to this topic

#1 Grindline25

Grindline25

Jedi Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

Hello LGWers!

It seems as if I pop my head up out of the water only every few months or so to re-emerge in the world of LGW.com.

I know... some moderator.

At the same time, I can't tell you when the last time was that I sat down and watched an entire hockey game. Before the lockout.

I know... some hockey fan.

During my LGW prime, the Steve Yzerman, Darren McCarty, and the rest of the Wings were the only things I focused on. Now-a-days, my life is filled with two things... French horn and Calculus. If I'm not desperately trying to raise my math grade before the end of the term, I've got my horn to my face, working on etudes for auditions, festivals, solos, whatever! I hope to one day, after getting a bachelor's in music education, go for my master's degree in horn performance.

Sadly, Stevie Y just doesn't fit into the scenario as I'd like. And the fast paced world this website has grown into is just amazing first of all, but also hard to keep up with (in fact, my dinosaur computer really does have trouble keeping up, site moves veeerrry slow).

So I guess this post is my apology to LGW, and especially Matt, for neglecting the site. Don't assume I'm gone, I'm not; I'm back! Wings fans are some of the best kinds of people in the world and I could never stay away from something like this! I love hockey and I love this site. Go Wings!

Take care and goodnight,
Grindline
"Music is a higher revelation than philosophy." - Beethoven

#2 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

You're lazy and you suck!! (Beat you to it, SWF!) tongue.gif

Welcome back to fold. As a mod, you bite, but norrisnick and FunkyBlueFish seem to have things well in hand in that department. There's always a place here for hockey fans. Hope school is going well.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#3 Sting 11

Sting 11

Burn 'em down, Ryan!!

• Gold Booster
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:43 PM

In the grand scheme of things, there are a lot of things far more important than hockey. It seems you have your priorities straight. cool.gif

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

#4 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Sting 11 @ April 23, 2006 - 10:43PM) View Post

In the grand scheme of things, there are a lot of things far more important than hockey. It seems you have your priorities straight. cool.gif

There is? huh.gif

Grindline -- don't sweat it. This place is a spare-time thing, there's no hourly requirements. Which does remind me, however, that I did want to add a couple more mods for the playoffs.

#5 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Matt @ April 23, 2006 - 10:47PM) View Post

Which does remind me, however, that I did want to add a couple more mods for the playoffs.

*hands in application*

I will only use these powers to annoy!

*deletes thread*
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#6 Whits

Whits

Prospect

• Restricted
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:51 PM

That's why I place studying and school under many less-important things, like being online or a chat room with friends.

Heres to not having a future...
Neah.

#7 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

Hey, nice to see ya! Don't worry about not being here, we all get busy from time to time. smile.gif

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#8 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

Welcome part partna!

Not pathetic in the least little bit. wink.gif

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 23 April 2006 - 10:46 PM.

#9 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(Sting 11 @ April 23, 2006 - 09:43PM) View Post

Do you mean like the Stanley Cup?

biggrin.gif
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#10 Rebel

Rebel

Back to being the Asshole...

• Gold Booster
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(Matt @ April 23, 2006 - 07:47PM) View Post
Which does remind me, however, that I did want to add a couple more mods for the playoffs.

Don't tease me wink.gif hehe.gif

Grindline, just seeing your name brings nostalgia. Glad to see you around smile.gif

Edited by Rebel, 24 April 2006 - 03:12 PM.

#11 Grindline25

Grindline25

Jedi Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

Thanks guys, and yeah I know... it's hard to believe -- life outside of hockey?! It took some adjusting.

I guess it's easier to believe when you live in south Florida rather than Hockeytown. Ha!
"Music is a higher revelation than philosophy." - Beethoven

#12 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Matt @ April 23, 2006 - 10:47PM) View Post

. Which does remind me, however, that I did want to add a couple more mods for the playoffs.

Cough* wink.gif
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#13 DetroitNativePride

DetroitNativePride

!sziasztok!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:30 AM

I know how it is majoring in music.

I'm a performance major, and although I only took 9 classes this semester (as opposed to the 13-14 that by music ed friends are taking) but even so, I don't have much time for anthing.

This year I've seen only a handful of games (thanks to the fact that my dorm doesn't have center ice, or OLN) and even when I can watch games (at my parents house) I rarely find 3 hours to enjoy the whole thing.

Ah, such is life. Good luck with the rest of your degree.
hungarians are crazy
nem baj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users