• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yzerfan

yzerfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:54 PM

I know SSX on Tour has been out for a while but I just bought it and it's pretty sweet. The graphics are even better than SSX3 and it moves faster from event to event since they cut out some of the stuff from 3.
IPB Image

#2 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(yzerfan @ April 26, 2006 - 01:54PM) View Post
I know SSX on Tour has been out for a while but I just bought it and it's pretty sweet. The graphics are even better than SSX3 and it moves faster from event to event since they cut out some of the stuff from 3.

The biggest advancement from 3 to On Tour is the increased size and depth of the environment, as well as the 'seamlessness' factor--in 3 you could get caught in seams between graphical sections.

The biggest drawback of On Tour is that the multiplayer is, well, broken. Due to the requirements on the system, if the player who is farther down the mountain gets far enough ahead, the trailing player will be reset nearby. It makes races totally meaningless and seriously hampers trick-off due to mid-combo or mid-trick forced resets.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#3 yzerfan

yzerfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ April 26, 2006 - 06:49PM) View Post

The biggest advancement from 3 to On Tour is the increased size and depth of the environment, as well as the 'seamlessness' factor--in 3 you could get caught in seams between graphical sections.

The biggest drawback of On Tour is that the multiplayer is, well, broken. Due to the requirements on the system, if the player who is farther down the mountain gets far enough ahead, the trailing player will be reset nearby. It makes races totally meaningless and seriously hampers trick-off due to mid-combo or mid-trick forced resets.

Yes, I forgot to mention getting caught in the seams, that was the thing I hated about 3. I haven't played multiplayer yet but I guess I dont' want to now. But overall I guess I like the game, I also like the clothing shop and salon.

By the way, I LOVE your Zelda avatar!
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users