• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

NFL Draft talk

Rate this topic

Unbelievable! Man, looks like the Texans want to usurp the Lions' front office as the most inept in football.

Wow.

You just DO NOT pass on a guy like Bush unless you're trading out of that spot.

Could you imagine if Hanson missed that field goal and Detroit was "on the clock" at No. 2 right now? DAMN!

You could drop a few spots to No. 4, get AJ Hawk, maybe get another high 2nd rounder (or the other 1st?) and you're looking at your OL help or DB help.

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!

Could you imagine if Hanson missed that field goal and Detroit was "on the clock" at No. 2 right now? DAMN!

Yeah but then the Lions would just be ruining the career of a player that has even higher potential.

Joking aside its pretty shocking that Bush won't go #1.

I find it completely ironic that the Texans are saying they are having a hard time selling season tickets.......so they pass on one of the most exciting college football players ever and grab a defensive lineman?!?!? Mario Williams is great, but another good defensive lineman will come along. How often does a Reggie Bush type player come along??

Saints are now planning to take Bush with the 2nd pick. That has to be a pick for someone else. The Saints, with all their defensive problems, can't want to pick Bush to stack their running game with Deuce.

Saints wont end up with Bush, I say they trade down and probably end up with either AJ Hawk or Vernon Davis. Given what Brees had with Gates out in SD, I think Davis would be a very smart addition. Especially with Joe Horn being banged up so much last year...they could really benefit with Davis.

My mock top 10 draft:Yeah i know its kinda silly trying to predict trades but oh well..

1) Houston - Mario Williams DE (well that was an easy prediction! ;) )

2) San Francisco (**from NO**) - Reggie Bush RB

3) Tennessee - Matt Leinart QB

4) NY Jets - D'Brickishaw Ferguson OT

5) Detroit !!(**from GB**) - AJ Hawk

6) New Orleans (**from SF**) - Vernon Davis TE

7) Oakland - Vince Young QB

8) Buffalo - Winston Justice OT

9) Green Bay (**from Det**) - Chad Jackson WR

10) Arizona - Jay Cutler QB

That's a good pick by the Lions, Ernie Sims could be an impact player early on.

I really like Leinart to Arizona, with Edge, Boldin and Fitzgerald, he could have a good career while they're together.

Motherf@#$@#$ Raiders! I was set on Huff and I knew when Young went No. 3 it was over.

Ugh. If Young was sitting there at 7 he'd be a Raider and the Lions would have Huff.

I *really* wanted them to trade out of that No. 9 spot with both Hawk and Huff off the board...

I'm just glad they made their selection within tha alloted time. I could see the Lions being the first team ever to miss their chance to pick.

Ernie Williams welcome to the Lions. I'll see you on the IR. ;D

I'm just glad they made their selection within tha alloted time. I could see the Lions being the first team ever to miss their chance to pick.

Ernie Williams welcome to the Lions. I'll see you on the IR. ;D

Minnesota missed their pick in 2003 on purpose. Oh and its Ernie Sims.

Minnesota missed their pick in 2003 on purpose. Oh and its Ernie Sims.

Yeah that was on purpose though. I could see the Lions actually missing their pick one of these years on accident.

Yes Sims, thats right. I hope the young guy doesn't have any problems, but with his concussion history he might repond to Williams by the end of the year.

Guest ZetterBurger40

The Lions, and Millen are a joke- here is my draft recap from my (Red Wings) blog- I just had to react to today's nonsense.

Matt Millen has struck again! Millen, a man that I have reason to believe is either: A- An alien from Mars that lacks the area of his brain to think critically, (B) A mole from another NFL team, possibly a rival such as the Chicago Bears to sabotage the Lions team for even more decades to come, or © An idiot, has shocked us all again. Although all signs point to choice "C" in my initial pondering, we cannot completely rule out the others until an autopsy is performed- at the rate Millen is going, and if Detroit fans have it their way, that could come sooner than later.

Today, with a Heisman Trophy winning QB available, Millen passed on the Matt Leinart and stunned the men and women of the Motor City once again. With the #9 pick, the Detroit Lions selected Ernie Sims, a 5'9 Linebacker from Florida State with a googley eyed history of 5 concussions. If someone could explain the reasoning of picking Sims at #9, I would love to hear it. With the Arizona Cardinals and Denver Broncos following Detroit with the 10th and 11th picks, it was obvious that Sims would still be around- and with a trade down to one of those spots, Detroit could have gotten Sims in addition to whatever those teams were willing to part with to get the QB of their choice. The confusing part is that the Lions didn't even use close to all of their time on the clock to entertain offers, the Sims pick came relatively quickly compared to the amount of time other teams had spent contemplating. Was this yet another error on the part of Millen? I believe so. The more time that passes, the more I think that Millen has no more of a right to be running a pro sports team than Michael Jackson has to working at a child day care.

Detroit's 2nd pick is fine with me, Daniel Bullocks is a solid safety from Nebraska and was part of a defense that led the nation in interceptions a couple of years ago. Bullocks, the only Detroit pick thus far that is over 6'0 should add some depth to Detroit's secondary and take some pressure off of Dre Bly downfield.

Onward to pick #3- Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconson- Just what we needed, another undersized back. With gaping holes in the offensive line, Detroit picked another player that they don't need, and will most likely get a rude welcome to the NFL from opposing defenses due to Detroits lack of an O-line, maybe Joey Harrington can fill him in on what to expect

If anything, with their first 3 picks in the 2006 draft, the Lions will attract the attention of "vertically challenged" fans, a seemingly untapped resource in the world of sports merchandising that Matt Millen is apparently ready to exploit.

Here's to another great year of Lions football!

Edited by ZetterBurger40

The Lions, and Millen are a joke- here is my draft recap from my (Red Wings) blog- I just had to react to today's nonsense.

Matt Millen has struck again! Millen, a man that I have reason to believe is either: A- An alien from Mars that lacks the area of his brain to think critically, (B) A mole from another NFL team, possibly a rival such as the Chicago Bears to sabotage the Lions team for even more decades to come, or © An idiot, has shocked us all again. Although all signs point to choice "C" in my initial pondering, we cannot completely rule out the others until an autopsy is performed- at the rate Millen is going, and if Detroit fans have it their way, that could come sooner than later.

Today, with a Heisman Trophy winning QB available, Millen passed on the Matt Leinart and stunned the men and women of the Motor City once again. With the #9 pick, the Detroit Lions selected Ernie Sims, a 5'9 Linebacker from Florida State with a googley eyed history of 5 concussions. If someone could explain the reasoning of picking Sims at #9, I would love to hear it. With the Arizona Cardinals and Denver Broncos following Detroit with the 10th and 11th picks, it was obvious that Sims would still be around- and with a trade down to one of those spots, Detroit could have gotten Sims in addition to whatever those teams were willing to part with to get the QB of their choice. The confusing part is that the Lions didn't even use close to all of their time on the clock to entertain offers, the Sims pick came relatively quickly compared to the amount of time other teams had spent contemplating. Was this yet another error on the part of Millen? I believe so. The more time that passes, the more I think that Millen has no more of a right to be running a pro sports team than Michael Jackson has to working at a child day care.

Detroit's 2nd pick is fine with me, Daniel Bullocks is a solid safety from Nebraska and was part of a defense that led the nation in interceptions a couple of years ago. Bullocks, the only Detroit pick thus far that is over 6'0 should add some depth to Detroit's secondary and take some pressure off of Dre Bly downfield.

Onward to pick #3- Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconson- Just what we needed, another undersized back. With gaping holes in the offensive line, Detroit picked another player that they don't need, and will most likely get a rude welcome to the NFL from opposing defenses due to Detroits lack of an O-line, maybe Joey Harrington can fill him in on what to expect

If anything, with their first 3 picks in the 2006 draft, the Lions will attract the attention of "vertically challenged" fans, a seemingly untapped resource in the world of sports merchandising that Matt Millen is apparently ready to exploit.

Here's to another great year of Lions football!

After thinking about it, I think the Lions did okay. When I knew Leinart would be available I thought they should get him, but he's not necessary. Sims might work out, but I agree, they should have traded down a few spots they still could have gotten him. I read a bio on Brian Calhoun on NFL.com and it say Calhoun is great at catching passes. I think that is what the Lions will use him for. Martz passed alot to Faulk with the Rams, even though I love Kevin Jones he can't catch at all.

Today, with a Heisman Trophy winning QB available, Millen passed on the Matt Leinart and stunned the men and women of the Motor City once again. With the #9 pick, the Detroit Lions selected Ernie Sims, a 5'9 Linebacker from Florida State with a googley eyed history of 5 concussions.

I think Liehart would have been in shock coming to the grey sky of Detroit and endure loss after loss, but we'll never know. Maybe they were scared off by his kinda laid back attitude.

Sims on the other hand I can't figure out. This football player averages a known concussion every oncussion every 7.2 games. I'd personally kick Ken Holland in the nuts if he drafted a guy like this in the first 3 rounds. I'm puzzled. Oh wait no I'm not this is Lions football.

just exactly what quarterback do you want the lions to cut if they would have drafted Leinart?? Kitna, McCowan, King, Orlosvky. Lions are probably cutting 1 of those quaterbacks depending on training camp performance. My gut tells me that the lions depth chart at QB is Kitna, McCowan, and then Orlovsky. Shaun King is most likely cut.

Shaun King is a joke..no way he makes this team. Well this is the first season since Millen's been here that i have zero post draft adrenaline running through me. You know, where you just so pumped you cant wait for the season to start to see the new guys in action. Just seemed like a really boring draft, but hey i guess maybe thatll be a good thing!

Shaun King is a joke..no way he makes this team. Well this is the first season since Millen's been here that i have zero post draft adrenaline running through me. You know, where you just so pumped you cant wait for the season to start to see the new guys in action. Just seemed like a really boring draft, but hey i guess maybe thatll be a good thing!

I am fine with a "boring" draft by the Lions. Detroit drafted for need, not to make a splash like they have in the past. You have to give this coaching staff a chance to look at the talent they have here before they start cutting heads. If Charles Rogers doesn't bring it this year, he should be cut and released from this team. This coming from a Spartan fan that thought he was the best thing since sliced bread when he was drafted by the Lions.

I am fine with a "boring" draft by the Lions. Detroit drafted for need, not to make a splash like they have in the past. You have to give this coaching staff a chance to look at the talent they have here before they start cutting heads. If Charles Rogers doesn't bring it this year, he should be cut and released from this team. This coming from a Spartan fan that thought he was the best thing since sliced bread when he was drafted by the Lions.

Maybe im just being naive, but im expected good things from Rogers this year. I think Martz being here will motivate him, the focus is on the WR's and their routes under his offense. Rogers just has to see how successful Holt and Bruce have been and know that this is his big chance at redemption. If he cares that is!

The Lions need to get rid of Millen before they'll ever rebuild their team.

I was frustrated with the Lions last year like everyone but rebuilding is not necessary. In terms of players millen has put together some good tools. He just never hired the right coach. I think Marinelli is the right guy.

As far as the draft, I like what millen did this year, focusing on defense. I'd rather have a Tampa Bay style defense (one that stays healthy) than "develop" another QB for the next three seasons. Plus, with martz you don't really need the best QB in the league to win. I think the Lions could suprise a lot of people next year and you won't hear as many "pathetic lions" jokes next season.

Edited by Aggiewingsfan

The Lions need to get rid of Millen before they'll ever rebuild their team.

The Lions need to get rid of The Fords before the franchise ever gets turned around.

I HATE Ohio State but I wont complain about the Burgh bringing in Santonio Holmes. We drafted two burners at WR who run sub 4.4 40s. Thats just nasty with Big Ben's broken thumb healing up this offseason. We now have the complete package on offense. A homerun hitting running back. A lead blocker that always has a 1,000 yard RB. An All-Pro studded line. A franchise QB. A stud 2nd year tight end nicknamed Big Money. The Super Bowl MVP and most complete WR in the NFL. And two freaking sub 4.4 burners. Can't forget our goal line back DUUUUUUCE!

Time for football to get going again