• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HIGH ON FIRE

I CANNOT BELIEVE the Lions passed on the golden boy.

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterBurger40

Don't underestimate the Lions this year. There's a lot of buzz surrounding the team and it should be a good year with a revamped, uptempo coaching staff.

HAHAHAHAHA- good one

Are you suprised? The Lions don't want to draft a proven winner, who many believe is better then Carson Palmer at this time. The Lions would rather draft a thug or has a major attiitude problem (Rogers/Williams/and now Sims)

If you look back I have said over and over again I don't want to spend 3 years with a young QB again, but I would have never thought Leinart would be around. This is a big mistake

Are you suprised? The Lions don't want to draft a proven winner, who many believe is better then Carson Palmer at this time. The Lions would rather draft a thug or has a major attiitude problem (Rogers/Williams/and now Sims)

Leinart considered better than Palmer?? Ii'd say thats offbase myself. Unlike Palmer, Leinart has arm strength issues, thats always a red flag for teams. Basically the # 1 asset you hear about Leinart is that he wins...and well, that didnt seem to work for other college winners like Ken Dorsey.

Lions will do just fine for the next few years with Kitna and McCown. They are more than capable running a Martz style offense. Cause if you didnt know...Marc Bulger -----> NOT THAT GOOD

I'd love to see the Lions sign Marcus Vick. Waste of a draft pick if they'd drafted him, even a 7th rounder. But undrafted free agents are almost completely risk free. He claims to have turned over a new leaf and found God and all that. If he hasn't, and he's still a classless jerk, then fine, cut him loose. Nothing hurt. Marinelli's too strong a personality to let Vick poison the team, and for the length of training camp, he can't do much damage. And it only took less than half of camp for the Broncos to figure out Maurice Clarett was still a jerk. But if he has turned himself around, you've got an extremely talented quarterback for almost nothing. Why not give it a shot?

Alright, I know ya'll were hoping for Leinhart but it would be a dumb pick for various reasons and here's why. Signing a QB in the top ten of the draft would've cost a lot of money, and we currently have 4 QBs under contract that I'm aware of. I know your probably saying, 'well that's our biggest need', but there's a reason that were paying our offensive coordinator 2 million a year. He's the mack daddy of turning average QB's into stars/very good QB's....Trent Green, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger. Kitna and McCown are very good prospects at becoming very good QBs for the lions, McCown did decent in ARIZONA, and Kitna was what, 37 tds and 11ints when he was the starter at Cincinati? I can't confirm those numbers but the point is he knows what he is doing, and in Martz offensive system he could excel. Also, developing a rookie QB will take years and I don't think we as fans have the patience for that. With the talent we have right now, we should be riping as team to be a contender. We just need a QB with a level head that understands system, and I think Kitna is that. I think Ernie Sims will turn out to be a very good LB, something that we are in dire need of. I understand you guys though, that we need a young stud at QB to carry us to the playoffs for years, but I think we are set with Kitna and McCown. I am just looking at this with the perspective that we need to win NOW, lions fans are the most loyal of all the NFL but there is a limit to everything. This is a drunk post but I hope you guys can understand what I'm saying. Opinions?

Edited by Sergei Fedorov91

The Lions need some major upgrades on their Defense. They've addressed some of those positions already this year with the draft, free agents and the hiring of Marinelli. Their offense will succeed or fail based on their WR's, not on Leinart vs Kitna/McCown/King. Martz will get the offense going and Marinelli will make sure the defense doesn't completely suck. The Lions Win at least 4 out of 6 in their division and 6 out of 10 outside the division, making the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

So it is written....so it shall be done.

Isn't an attempt on a rookie QB already a bad idea for the Lions. Thats like Buffalo throwing in Ryan Miller way too early. Lions would have just ruined any QB's career.

That's why I would have laughed if they drafted Leinart. Getting drafted by the Lions is the kiss of death - I think the guy's somewhat of a jerk so it would have been funny. The Lions are a bad team no matter what - he might have at least brought some press and attention to their sorry organization. Any franchise that keeps Millen as their GM cannot have any serious aspirations of winning anything - what a buffoon that guy is, and everyone knows it. Yet they extend his contract. The Lions have been bad my entire life - I don't even want them to win at this point - not unless they start completely from scratch. This coach's career will be ruined to - no doubt. Whatever the Lions doth touch, turns to mud...

the chants should be FIRE FORD!

I know he puts the money in to the team but the lions only won one playoff game since his ownership from 1964-present.

Maybe he would sell the team to someone else if people really started hating him and then the curse will be lifted.