• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SDWingNut

Who was worse, Hatcher in 04 or Lilja in 06?

Rate this topic

Who was worse, Hatcher in 04 or Lilja in 06?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since this one stings even more I have to go with Lilja. He was just plain awful out there all series long and his lumbering lack of skill directly led to 2 of the 4 goals in game 6. Close runner up is BabCock for leaving Lilja out there during the 3rd period even though he looked like a fish out of water. Double shifting the senior citizen Chelios would have led to better D than having a fresh Lilja out there. Just plain pathetic.

joe

Hatcher was way worse, or hell, they were both equally bad. They both were the reason that the series clinching goal was scored in their respective series.

I voted Lilja.

Hatcher, though painfully slow and out of sync in the '04 post-season, was at least physically intimidating during his short stint with Detroit. And when paired with Chelios, he did a pretty solid job at containing Iginla early in the Calgary series.

Andreas Lilja, however, succeeded in dragging down Lidstrom to a level of total ineffectiveness. Not only did he fail to move any Edmonton Oilers from our crease, but he also screened Manny mutiple times with his gigantic frame. It's almost comical to see how many of Edmonton's goals from the point came as a result of Lilja standing absolutely dumb-founded in front of our net. I am not joking when I say he did as good a job providing a screen for the Edmonton defence as Ryan Smyth did. And there's absolutely no defending his play in Game 6. That was just plain awful.

Definately Hatcher.

With him on the ice, it was basically a power play for the opponent.

Lilja is an upgrade in todays game, but....

Lilja needs to work on puck control/handling though. :lol:

Hatcher for sure. I still remember when he passed the puck to a Calgary flame player and tipped it in and the wings lost.

He was terrible on the ice.

Lilja isn't the best, but he's solid and a better deal than Hatcher was, thats for sure. He'll get better I'm sure.

I felt like Hatcher didn't even try.....

I felt like Hatcher didn't even try.....

Was that... On purpose?

Anyways, Lilja gets the nod for being worse. Hatcher got caught against a fast team, Lilja's just a regular bum.

Was that... On purpose?

Anyways, Lilja gets the nod for being worse. Hatcher got caught against a fast team, Lilja's just a regular bum.

Edmonton was faster than Calgary was (and still is).

Hatcher was worse.

Because:

Lilja had a stellar season compared to his past.

Hatcher had his worst offensive season, and was not terribly good defensively in his limited time in Detroit.

Lilja also at least had a stretch of solid play, while Hatcher was consistently terrible.

Hatcher had his worst offensive season, and was not terribly good defensively in his limited time in Detroit.

Lilja also at least had a stretch of solid play, while Hatcher was consistently terrible.

Maybe thats becuase he only played 27 games.

i went with lilja. hatch was injured most of the year with the wings. also, he was one of our top defensive guys against the flames. i would like to see most of you come back with a acl injury and be normal. lilja was healthy majority of the season.

Hatcher was worse.

Hatcher was paid more to such worse. Lilija is showing promise though he has put up a lot of Penelty minutes which will give Babcock the impression that he is a very tough cookie. Infact the penelty minutes has brought Holland to the table to waste a good portion of money on this very promising defence man who is going to suck for along time to come. Hudler should start sticking people and cause some third period shorthanded oppertunites to blow a couple of games. It sure would show Babcock what a bad ass he is, and prove a value to the team.

PS. I like Hudler and really think Babcock should give him a chance.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

HAtcher was worse.

At least Lilija Played. Still would get rid of them in a heartbeat though.