• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reedlarson

Best Detroit Play by Play/Commentator

Rate this topic

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

anyone who doesn't vote Ernie never heard him call a game. simple as that. just stood there like the house by the side of the road and watched his career go by. if you haven't heard Ernie Harwell, then you just don't know how the radio should sound.

my distant second choice, and no disrespect by calling him distant, would be George Blaha. but missing from that list is George Kell/Al Kaline, who always did a beautiful job calling Tigers games for Channel 50.

What...no love for Mike Goldberg? ;)

Definitely Ernie. Although as betterRED pointed out..you gotta include Kell/Kaline. Thats my favorite duo all time. I still impersonate Kell's "LOOK OUT!" all the time (he always said that when a ball would fly into the stands)

I liked Dave Strader 10x better than Ken Daniels..

It's not just long gone, it's LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GONE! If you can't tell lol I voted for Ernie also.

I agree with you about Ernie Harwell but we have been lucky to have the broadcasters we've had . when i started listening to redwing hockey there was agreat broadcaster and I'll miss his call.Also when I first started to listen to UofM football the broadcaster was the best ( can't remember his name but he had hones and bells and nik names for everyone )

I gave my vote to Harwell, as well. My personal favorite for the voices of the Red Wings was the tandem of Dave Strader and Mickey Redmond. I think they made a great combination with Mickey's insight and Dave's calls of the game.

That's interesting that he does Panthers games now though. I'm moving to West Palm Beach in August, so maybe I'll check it out.

I vote for Ernie, hands down the best. I do Like Ken & Mick, especially when they get excited and Dats pulls one of his famous toe drags and scores...